Force Recon Kit Discussion. Mk2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man as wraith says the bleeding marine was an exercise of MSOAG not a real bleeding one.And the faces should be blacked when they come out oficially.But the reasons I want to remove them are others.Anyway thanks for removing them.

And in my opinion you should better get Pantac instead of Ebaybanned one.

Regards

ok, saw blood and assumed the worst. ;)

and thanks for the info on the EBB ciras. im not a big fan of the OTV, and the RRV doesnt tickle my fancy so i guess im back to square one.

that AAV is nice, i might have to do some more searching on that, but the ciras is just so sexy in my opinion :P

I know there was some talk over the TV series Alpha Company: Iraq Diary, I have heard that they are part of a Recon Battalion and not Force Recon, am I correct?

Anyway, I have the intention of building a kit based off of this series. I am, however, not sure if it fits onto this thread. I am not too worried of having an exact copy of their kit, but just want to capture the major theme.

I own:

-MBSS(Khaki)

-PACA(Tan)

-MICH 2000(Currently no Norotos)

-MAP Pouch w/ bladder(Khaki)

-SDS MBITR Pouch(Coyote)

-EI Duty Belt w/ Security Buckle(Tan)

-Safariland 6004 w/ M3 Light

What I want to get:

-CIRAS Shoulder Pads(Coyote)

-Point Blank Neck/Collar Armor(3-Color Desert)

-Point Blank Groin Armor(3-Color Desert)

-CamelBak Ambush or Thermobak Omega(3-Color Desert or Black)

-MARPAT Cammies(Desert)

-MARPAT Helmet Cover

-Norotos

-3x1 Magazine pouch(Coyote, I don't know the exact name but it has MOLLE across the front)

-Large Horizontal Utility Pouch(Coyote)

-2x Grenade Pouches(Coyote)

-Dump Pouch(OD)

That's all I can think of as of now, I know there are more. But as said, I want to capture the major theme. I have such items as gloves, goggles, etc. I don't really mind the difference in color, however there is a good difference between Coyote Brown and Khaki. In the series, it looked as if the gear was Khaki, that could be because of the sunlight, color editing, or because the gear was old and had faded.

If this post is "legal" then please answer my questions if the list is correct, or please do change it to make it more accurate. If the post doesn't belong then do whatever.

Thanks.

im not really crazy about the look of the spartan vests, but thanks for that.

(dont mean to throw all your ideas under the bus, its just my hyperactive OCD kicking in ;) )

crackisbad, you could just rock a MBSS (well, FSBE-2 Plate carrier to be anal about it). and then wear a PACA underneath with a heavy *albatross* first line with a drop leg panel and such. Or, you could use an MCAV.

well, that reason why i wanna go with a ciras is so that i dont have to wear a paca or any BA underneath. i want to make this load out look badass but also be practical for day to day scirmishes ;)

RBAV?

wakka wakka :lol:

My Pantac MBSS kit cost under $200 but was only 95% complete (45 FB's and dumper missing). Though I can say it's a light kit. :/

Rabbit Breaders Association of Victoria? :huh:

:lol:

yea, i like the look of the MBSS. but like you said, it is not gonna work for what i have in mind.

the rbav is sweet, but as i understand it, its just a redesigned ciras, no?

thanks for all the info and help guys, you've given me all the info i need on this. now i just need to make a final decision and actually go out and buy something :P

Rabbit Breaders Association of Victoria? :huh:

:lol:

yea, i like the look of the MBSS. but like you said, it is not gonna work for what i have in mind.

the rbav is sweet, but as i understand it, its just a redesigned ciras, no?

thanks for all the info and help guys, you've given me all the info i need on this. now i just need to make a final decision and actually go out and buy something :P

Indeed a better "redesign" but as you said, "out of your budget." So it was suggested as jokingly. ;)

Good luck with the decision... I'll sell you my EI MC-CIRAS in CB for $400 (since I need money to fix a boo-boo <_<). :P

Indeed a better "redesign" but as you said, "out of your budget." So it was suggested as jokingly. ;)

Good luck with the decision... I'll sell you my EI MC-CIRAS in CB for $400 (since I need money to fix a boo-boo <_<). :P

i figured ;) but i'll have to pass on yours

i think ill probably just end up buying a pantac ciras second hand.

I personally have never seen this on a Marine, so please post a picture.

I have seen woodland and coyote. I also have woodland, if you are interested.

Several of them were wearing it on Alpha company on the military channel...so they're definitely used

Look good except lose the canteen, doesn't make sense to have that and a hydro.

Yes it does: If you have to share water, the canteen is a lot more sanitary than a CamelBak (or similar). It's also easier to gather water with a canteen than a bladder. But it still makes sense to carry the CamelBak, as it encourages you to sip from time to time, which is healthier than guzzling every hour or so. I bring both with me when I go hunting for those reasons.

Yes it does: If you have to share water, the canteen is a lot more sanitary than a CamelBak (or similar). It's also easier to gather water with a canteen than a bladder. But it still makes sense to carry the CamelBak, as it encourages you to sip from time to time, which is healthier than guzzling every hour or so. I bring both with me when I go hunting for those reasons.

Dude, I'm not talking about hunting. I am talking about the Military, if you would have been deployed you would know you drink out of bottled water. So taking a perfectly good bottle of water and putting it into another bottle is pretty pointless. Hence why so many people either use a bottle, or a camelbak... or both. I brought both with me when I went on foot patrols for those reasons.

Archived