Force Recon Kit Discussion. Mk2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Recon Marines are issued a variation of the ILBE rucksack. The main ruck itself is the same, but the assault pack is a special variation. CountFloyd didn't I send you the recon patrol pack?

In the label puts is the recon assault pack not the patrol :unsure: :unsure: is the same one of the photo of the guy rapelling! Man thanks another time for the backpack, is one of the best boughts i´ve done. This weekend I will use it for a 3 days of non stop skirmish and all that I need is on the pack!!! Thanks for the photos SkeeZo*O.

Some new Recon photos:

2v2tggm.jpg

2ed5afd.jpg

Regards people!

Nice pack! I see they changed the tag a little bit... I kinda wish Eagle made a separate compartment for it. Regardless, I still love mine. :D

Care to take a picture of the older tag ? I'm just curious :D

But ye I like it as a backpack, since I can take off the MAP from the CIRAS and put that instead if I need more space.

I believe Eagle didn't make the compartment at the front seperate due to the fact that it's supposed to "house" a helmet of some sort !

Cheers.

The front compartment is so you can access stuff in the lower half of the pack. It's only one compartment because its a patrol pack, not a 3-Day.

EDIT.

And for the people whom fail to use logic and don't believe it unless its in a photo or offical web site:

"Eagle’s MOLLE Style Patrol Pack (PP-MS) is a great mid-size pack designed with accessibility and versatility in mind. You can easily locate and retrieve items at the bottom of your pack via the rounded zipper opening located on the front base of the pack."

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php...t=79&page=1

In the label puts is the recon assault pack not the patrol :unsure::unsure:

oh yeah, well that's what I meant. But anyway cool pictures!

anyway this should clear up the backpack issue.

Recon Marines are issued, as part of their FSBE II kit, the Eagle Industries backpack. Unfortunately FSBE II doesn't come with a rucksack, so they are also issued the Recon variant of the ILBE system. This recon variant has the same main rucksack, but it comes with a special recon backpack instead of the normal grunt patrol pack. This recon "patrol" pack is the pack pictured with the man rappelling.

More often than not however, Recon Marines will just go with the Alice pack (LARGE). But even the Alice is too small sometimes, so they buy a third-party rucksack.

oh yeah, well that's what I meant. But anyway cool pictures!

anyway this should clear up the backpack issue.

Recon Marines are issued, as part of their FSBE II kit, the Eagle Industries backpack. Unfortunately FSBE II doesn't come with a rucksack, so they are also issued the Recon variant of the ILBE system. This recon variant has the same main rucksack, but it comes with a special recon backpack instead of the normal grunt patrol pack. This recon "patrol" pack is the pack pictured with the man rappelling.

More often than not however, Recon Marines will just go with the Alice pack (LARGE). But even the Alice is too small sometimes, so they buy a third-party rucksack.

So what size is the Recon pack? My google searches were turning up something that seemed a fair bit larger than the assault pack.

So what size is the Recon pack? My google searches were turning up something that seemed a fair bit larger than the assault pack.

The recon pack is slightly larger than the normal patrol pack. Actually I've never had the normal ILBE issued to me so internally I don't know the differences. The recon pack is larger and has a lot of pockets (internally) for papers and maps and documents (and beef jerky)

The recon pack is slightly larger than the normal patrol pack. Actually I've never had the normal ILBE issued to me so internally I don't know the differences. The recon pack is larger and has a lot of pockets (internally) for papers and maps and documents (and beef jerky)

Thanks for the information. I'm gunna stick with the Assault, since the Recon does not fit any of my immediate airsoft or RL needs. I think that with the size difference it is not unreasonable to imagine the Assault being used to for a shorter, or faster mission (at least that's my take on if from wearing it for a fraction of a day), the Recon looks to be better for a longer, perhaps greenside mission.

Tomster firstly thanks for your comment man! well USMC has that backpack issued so probably FR/MSOB can use it too.I got a few photos using ILBE Packs (not the little one).

Crunchy Bunny continue the good work!!!

Thanks alot man. The kit still needs alot of work. Primarily, it needs tan/CB boots, PACA, holster for my MEU, hydro, and a few sundry items.

Why order from Eagle when I can use Egay instead? Lol. I like the idea of running a regular duty belt with pad. Although if your running MOLLE pouches directly on the belt, definatly get the MOLLE one.

I just have to step in and agree on the MOLLE belt. I've tried running pouches on a regular duty belt, did not work so well (especially bigger ones like canteens). A belt pad might help with the slip 'n slidage though.

I just have to step in and agree on the MOLLE belt. I've tried running pouches on a regular duty belt, did not work so well (especially bigger ones like canteens). A belt pad might help with the slip 'n slidage though.

A belt pad and zip tie reinforcement. I prefer duty belts for running pouches over a MOLLE belt.

Thanks joe.

Hunk, It seems to be a good place because it's handy, I suppose I could play with mounting it somewhere else. I like to keep the tape close at hand because I need it often. <_<

Azulsky, I moved my knife from my belt to my PC because it was weighing down my belt alot, making it dig into my hips and stuff.

Archived