Force Recon Kit Discussion. Mk2

crackisbad

Hey guys, first time poster, Long time troller. I know it's not much and I it still needs some work but here are some pics of my MBSS and brain bucket.

frontfix.jpg

rearfix2.jpg

It's all Pantac except the kevlar, and PACA which is the EBB version.

Plans for it:

- TS MBITR Replica

- Correct Admin eventually

- Norotos for the MICH

- Sage Flight Gloves

- New suspension for the MICH

- ESS Goggles

- Goggle Straps

- Dirt, lots, and lots of dirt.

- Am I missing any thing?

Also a current kit list. Any comments would be greatly appreciated:

Clothing:

- MCCUU (Arid)

Comms:

- Bowman Headset

Eyewear:

- Bolle X800 Goggles

Footwear:

- Bates USMC Durashocks

Gloves:

- The Original Mechanix

Headwear:

- MICH 2000

Kneepads:

N/A

1st Line:

- BlackHawk Industries BDU Belt

- Tactical Tailor Duty Belt

- Pantac Drop leg

-- Pantac Double M4 Mag Pouch

-- Eagle Industries Frag Pouch

- Pantac Canteen Pouch

- Maxpedition Rolly Polly

2nd Line:

- Pantac FSBEII Plate Carrier

-- Pantac Triple M4 Pouch

-- Pantac Medical Pouch

-- Pantac MBITR Pouch

-- Pantac Admin Panel with Light

-- Pantac MAP

-- EB Tactical PACA

3rd Line:

N/A

Primary Firearm:

- M4A1

-- Aimpoint

-- AN/PEQ 2

-- KAC Rear Folding 300 Meter Sight

Secondary Firearm:

N/A

Please be kind and remember that this a major WIP.

Wolfey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redwolfey, I believe you're good to go with the admin you've got now. I'm planning on getting one as well, as the square ones have become over done. seems like you got a good set up going for you. Will you be getting a 1911 + Holster? The biggest improvement you can make in my opinion is to get rid of the Mechanix gloves, I personally dislike them, I do see you've got some Sage gloves lined up, so you're good to go.

Redwolfey, I believe you're good to go with the admin you've got now. I'm planning on getting one as well, as the square ones have become over done. seems like you got a good set up going for you. Will you be getting a 1911 + Holster? The biggest improvement you can make in my opinion is to get rid of the Mechanix gloves, I personally dislike them, I do see you've got some Sage gloves lined up, so you're good to go.

Yep, 1911 MEU, and Safariland 6004 or possibly a SERPA because I have a cheap source for them. That will be Christmas most likely. =)

Wolfey

No, and actually the Eagle back plate isn't issued. The back of the MBSS is used, but there are quite a few pictures of just the RRV being used, with and without a PACA.

Sorry, I meant the back of the MBSS in the first post. I figured I will attempt an FR kit, once I get more money, seeing as I just droppped $50 on a 6004. Maybe around Christmas :D.

It's okay to use only the MBSS, RRV without PACA?

I mean sure it's okay, no one forces anyone to do so, but does real service members do?

I could make a fine fast recon kit without bulky plate carriers, just an MBSS. B)

Question about CIRAS.

Does FR/MARSOC use both kind, or only the maritime vests?

It's okay to use only the MBSS, RRV without PACA?

I mean sure it's okay, no one forces anyone to do so, but does real service members do?

I could make a fine fast recon kit without bulky plate carriers, just an MBSS. B)

Question about CIRAS.

Does FR/MARSOC use both kind, or only the maritime vests?

I've seen both types worn, but generally it is the Land issue.

Also, for greenside operations usually it is the RRV with no PACA.

I've seen both types worn, but generally it is the Land issue.

Also, for greenside operations usually it is the RRV with no PACA.

Thanks! I like tha Land better.

I just found pictures where service members wear only the plate carrier, without PACA so I suppose that's fine, too.

Earlier, i know I said I had more or less finished with the MBSS rig, but over the past few day's I decided that in order to lighten my 1st line, and take into consideration what Fatal and others have said regarding the IFAK situation and other things, I'm gonna switch out the MBSS for a RRV and MAP (I'll slap it on the MBSS' backplate). I could fit far more stuff on it, and be way more mobile then I am currently with my heavy *albatross* first line and drop-leg panel. I'll ditch everything on the belt besides the 2x4 pouch, dumper and holster. The IFAK will go under my right arm, with 8 mags across the chest, admin and all that good stuff.

Nooooo, you could sell me the MBSS crunchy, you don't need the backplate :P.

Anyway, good luck with the new setup. Are you going to start it soon?

Well, I'm selling my old Guarder Weesatch to a friend, to make $65, then I'll have to come up with another $30. So it shouldn't take long to get the RRV. I get payed for some work around the end of November so I sohglud be able to get the MAP then.

How typical, after spending the last two years gleaming bits and pieces for my FR loadout, a couple of new bits arrived in the post this week, so I was moving pouches around and trying to get the best set up that I could, I had finally got myself a set of suspenders to hold up my 1st line gear.

I put it on my Paca, Belt order and my MBSS and then realised just how much it all weighs, I didn't even have any mags in the pouches or my camelbak in my MAP, it felt really cumbersome and tight on me. I mean i'm no wimp, and I'm not a fattie either.

I've also had an old woodland LBV arrive so that I can use some of my old Alice gear for woodland games, so I put the alice gear on, loaded some mags in the pouches, put my pack on aswell. Christ it felt so much lighter and so much more comfortable. My girlfriend came back in as I was clearing my kit away and said why don't I just use my Alice kit instead, "But i've spent a fortune and so much time and effort into getting all my FR gear, and because it looks so much cooler"

Her look said it all.

I'm glad with how my FR loadout is coming, I think i've only got a couple of little touches and it will be ready, but no way is it Hi speed. I'm now Lo speed, Hi Drag.

It would be nice to get together with some other guys who've got FR loadouts for a game or even for some pictures.

090920-M-7747B-004.jpg

Sgt. Shawn Reynolds waits for commands before engaging targets during a live-fire exercise here, Sept. 20. Reynolds and the rest of Reconnaissance Platoon, Battalion Landing Team 2/4, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, were in Hawaii Sept. 17-22 for final training before deploying with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit Sept. 24.

(Official U.S. Marine Corps Photo by Sgt. Scott Biscuiti)

090920-M-7747B-027.jpg

Marines with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit’s Reconnaissance Platoon fire their weapons here Sept. 20. The Marines were in Hawaii Sept. 17-22 for final training before deploying with the MEU Sept. 24.

090920-M-7747B-005.jpg

Cpl. Michael Vanwinkle fires his M9 pistol at targets during a live-fire exercise here, Sept. 20. Vanwinkle and the rest of Reconnaissance Platoon, Battalion Landing Team 2/4, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, were in Hawaii Sept. 17-22 for final training before deploying with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit Sept. 24.

090918-M-7747B-018.jpg

A reconnaissance Marine casts himself from a CH-53D Sea Stallion helicopter into Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, Sept. 18. The reconnaissance platoon from Battalion Landing Team 2/4 practiced methods of insertion including parachuting and diving Sept. 17-22 during final training before deploying with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit Sept. 24.

Archived