VFC Scar L with Slightly low FPS

Freight

Good afternoon all

I thought i would try and pick some brains on this site regarding my First AEG. I bought a VFC Scar L brand new and have only used it for Six skirmishes over the last few months. It received its first chrono on a site recently with .2g bb's and on a number of different madbull units. it seemed to consistently hit the 270fps mark with it is running on a 9.6 battery and the ROF is very quick and the accuracy is reasonable to about 45m after which the bb's seem to spread out noticably.

I am under the impression that 270 fps on a VFC Scar is a bit low and that it should be closer to the 330 fps mark. I was wondering if any one else has experience with this and if im missing something on the rifle. I Have had the hop set by the site airsoft technician and it hasnt made any real differences either.

If in the case that the gearbox requires inspection for leaks etc i would like to do a bit of modification to the rifle, i.e. better quality spring, upgraded hop rubber and a a 6.03 tight bore barrel, i was wondering what people may suggest for this sort of AEG in paticular.

thanks for any help

ian

Honestly, the stock components are AMAZING. IF you're going to open the gun up and you really want to you could always replace the nylon bushings with metal bearings or bushings while you're in there.

Also, test the compression, replace the piston head o-ring if necessary and the piston if its worn. Other than that, i would honestly leave it alone. The cylinder head, cylinder and piston head are pretty darned nice to begin with, an "upgrade" wont really be an upgrade.

How old is this gun btw? You mentioned a couple of months but how many rounds have you put through it? Im just asking to cover all the bases, there's no reason why a gun thats a couple months old would be experiencing low fps unless its seen a billion and a half rounds in those several months.

I had the exact same problem as you.

It was shooting in the 270's with a rate of fire over 1000 a minute which I thought was cool. However on my scar the fuse must have been faulty and melted the wires in the stock so I sent it back to the website I got it from and said it was shooting fairly slow as well, so they've put an M100 spring in it for compensation.

Does your saftey work as well? mines can be knocked out if you pull the trigger.

Jeez i certainly wouldnt rate them that highly, lets be realistic.

If your gonna open it, replace the bushings and piston and maybe even the cut off lever. thats a common problem and causes the gun to get stuck in full auto.

try cleaning the o ring and cylinder and then test the compression after a dap of silicone oil.

might wanna sort the wiring out while you have it open too. :)

We've had this discussion before and yes i would rate them that highly...

The only part im not a huge fan of are the nylon bushings but the simple fact of the matter is that they work.

Check your hopup rubber as well. The stock rubbers that VFC uses are VERY and i mean VERY thin. Its not uncommon for them to tear resulting in airloss.

Good afternoon all

I am under the impression that 270 fps on a VFC Scar is a bit low and that it should be closer to the 330 fps mark. I was wondering if any one else has experience with this and if im missing something on the rifle. I Have had the hop set by the site airsoft technician and it hasnt made any real differences either.

thanks for any help

ian

Had the exact same problem as you after a while the SCAR was doing 270 fps, i

just cleaned and re greased the gearbox solved my problem the fps went

back to 330 again.

Does your saftey work as well? mines can be knocked out if you pull the trigger.

That problem is down to the selector switch not a lined up right when put back together it can be a tricky at first to do right :rolleyes: ...

Dru

Cheers for all the help guys its much appreciated. its good to hear that this sort of thing could be an easy fix.

Druster, i dont suppose your the same Druster from Finmere airsoft are you? thats where i was when i was there and had the low FPS problems. Was thinking of handing it over to Xaccers and asking him to do what you suggested.

cheers

ian

Cheers for all the help guys its much appreciated. its good to hear that this sort of thing could be an easy fix.

Druster, i dont suppose your the same Druster from Finmere airsoft are you? thats where i was when i was there and had the low FPS problems. Was thinking of handing it over to Xaccers and asking him to do what you suggested.

cheers

ian

Hey Ian,

Yeah I am the same one from finners and Xaccers is a very competent gunsmith indeed.

But if you need any advise on the SCAR please throw me a pm and will try to help out ;)

Dru...

Archived