Replica TCI Liberator 2 headset-Ebay Banned

Hispeed1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received mine today, ordered from tacticalgeardepot.com used them a few times and been very happy with the service especially compared to ebb, anyway onto the 'mini review'.

These are simply first impressions from about 30mins messing around with them, note I have not ever seen real comtacs and only used sordins once.

They look good enough, build quality is fair and seems a little better than the bowman and swimmer headsets the shops seem to be stocking. There are no bad seam lines and they arent too shiny. Nothing wobbles, things are smooth and the buttons have a nice click response when depressed though it may be hard to feel with any gloves on. The PTT, wire and connecters work fine no worries there. AA batteries went in a treat, battery seal (the red things) wont come off in a firefight, unless someone attacks your face with a couple of pliers but lets hope it doesnt come to that.

In went the batteries and I can confirm the headset is fully functional, ambient noise is increased in low volume and decreased at high volume. Some 'white noise' is heard when the volume is turned up on the headset but is easily bearable. Dont ask me how they compare to the real comtacs but I would guess by saying that you can definately tell they work, but not at the same standard as the sordins I used once.

PTT button clicks nicely and sound output to other radios is a nice quality, input quality from other radios into the headset is nice and clear too.

All in all well worth the $75 i paid. Completes the look and even better they work a treat, comms for all!

Heres some dodgy pics for those interested.

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

very nice, well dont pat.l, looks like i'll have to pick a set up and compare them with my real peltors to see if there's any noticeable difference. Being in the UK and all, perhaps you can test out the noise cancelling capabilities with those thunderflash grenades you guys have out there.

Do they have to pay for one or two tuitions?

Yea, they are doing 2 different Majors and they had to each pass the driving test, there was a show about them too.

TCI Liberator 2

Post some more reviews about these things, I am thinking about getting them.

A few questions for owners of the replicas.

How is the sound quality (volume and clarity) with input from the ambient mics? From receiving transmissions? How well does the ambiance come through? How do they fare in high wind? How well does the mic pick up your voice? How well does it pick up ambient noise?

Thanks! I'm very interested in grabbing a set.

Wow... nice to hear they're functional. So long as they're robust and hold up to prolonged use, that'll be money well spent. Regarding the white noise, when I turn up the ambient volume on both my Comtac Is and Comtac IIs, there is a slight noticeable white noise factor. Not sure if it's better or worse than the replicas though.

I wonder if they'll make Comtacs with two downleads and separate PTTs for dual channel comms like on my real Comtacs. Occasionally when I'm in the role of Squad Sergent, I find it really handy to communicate to my LT on one channel and to my fire teams on the other.

I'd like to throw another question into the mix as well:

How easy is it to detect what direction the sound comes from with these? That is, if something goes bang at your front-left can you distinguish its location from the exact same sound at your rear-left, or would they sound the same, the same noise/volume entering your left ear?

Thanks

Well, I asked ebaybanned for my tracking number on my Comtac's and just tried to track it and there was no record of it being shipped. I ordered it a week and a half ago, so I am a little frustrated now. :angry:

That sounds like business as usual for ebaybanned, at least from when I've dealt with them. Best thing to do is just be patient. :(

W00t w00t. Mine came in. The white noise is distracting, not bothersome in a noisy environment but the white noise in a quiet, empty room is friggin' annoying.

Build quality seems decent, not great but decent. Worth the price from preliminary inspection, I'll try to skirmish them in a week or so and see how they hold up.

I got tired of Ebaybanned's service after 'Jesse' kept answering my emails so I switched over tacticalgeardepot.com, the bloke their sends out confirmation of shipping with tracking numbers when he's done it which is usually within 48hours of ordering. Dont get too excited over the free gift though.

I forgot to mention the mic is on a hinge (I imagine like the real ones) so you can even eat your dinner without having to take your headest off, what an innovation!

W00t w00t. Mine came in. The white noise is distracting, not bothersome in a noisy environment but the white noise in a quiet, empty room is friggin' annoying.

Build quality seems decent, not great but decent. Worth the price from preliminary inspection, I'll try to skirmish them in a week or so and see how they hold up.

You barely notice it when in a skirmish (when I had my Peltor's).

Anyway, is there massive clipping just like the real thing?

Archived