Me in Afghan

darkchild130

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the other helmet is an Australian helmet. the MK6A is mine. The reason i had a Browning is because my unit wouldnt issue me a pistol for some reason so i had to "borrow" one from a clerk. Obviously he only had a crappy browning.

annoying because in Ireland i had a P226 in a theatre with practically no risk of combat yet in Afghanistan i had to fish around to borrow a pistol despite the constant threat of suicide bombers and ambushes.

I love the way the army distributes its equipment <_<

Darkchild

:mellow:

How *suitcasey* is this Browning? Poorly fitted? Bad mags? What? Cuz my understanding is that BHPs are actually excellent weapons.

Yes there were hundreds of Macedonians in our camp, they provided security and are a race of football hooligans and drunks (much like the British).

The Browning sucks because it is too small for my hands, is too light so it suffers from poor accuracy and the sights are extremely crappy.

The British army issue the old mk2 type of Browning with above problems. The Australian model is the MK3 with better sights and the ability to fire off the action without a mag (or your finger) in teh magwell.

It still sucks.

The 416 (pronounced "four sixteen" as opposed to "four one six" just in case you didnt know) is the 10 inch version.

Darkchild

For some reason I thought you were in Iraq, dunno why.

Welcome back all the same, and nice pictures!

I'll ask one of my buddies who's also issued the 416 if the stock is adjustable on the 16" version (the N).

It might just be the 416K that has the rigid CQB stock.

nice cats..here's one of a dog in Iraq. he's been shot once and survived. he's pretty timid around people now for some reason.

iraqidog.jpg

Talking of the Browning..I had it on the range the other week and it's pretty pants at 25 meters. (cost me $10 in a bet as mine jammed and I only hit the target 8 times) I had a play with the sig yesterday and it's a great pistol however it's the first pistol I've had my hands on that I need to remember how many rounds it's fired.

Oh and cats are great unless they jump out of the bin right next to you in the dark. We have 3 in our compound at the moment and everyone is on 2 pairs of pants because of the little gits jumping out the bin.

if your out in Iraq in the future drop me a PM and the milkshakes are on me.

Im an infantry section commander, sniper, recon, covert observation trained, with SOF experience. Note i am NOT Special Forces and do not consider myself as such.

Yeah the SCAR jammed, about the same as a G36C. TBH those 2 guns werent too bad but the L85A2 and HK416 outperformed them all.

I would rate the 416 as best overall rifle, only because its light and my L85 didnt have an ACOG. If i had the latest operational mods for my shooter i would rate the L85A2 higher than all of them. Before this tour i would have called the SA80 series a bunch of ###### until i saw the competition. It really is a quality rifle.

Darkchild

Hm dont see why someone would put on a a fixed crane on the 416! From the pic it looks just like the 417 stock that norway use on our guns to, do you have any more pic's of it that show the stock?

Just got out of the army my self and all I can say to you is that within 4weeks you will be wanting back and you are ready to get back out on deployment fast to! I feel I could go back to satan now if I some one asked me :phone:

Im already ready to go back on deployment! I cant though bacause i have serious muscle damage to my lower back as well as a compressed disc. Too much tabbing has wrecked my body, so i have to get our or rot in a REMF job somewhere. Aint gonna happen.

You dont believe me about the stock do you! I dont have any more pictures but you can trust me because i used it, tried to extend it, found out i couldnt, asked the guys that OWN the guns who confirmed that they are fixed cqb stocks which were standard for their role. IT DOES NOT EXTEND. Im not being rude but you dont seem to be taking in what i have already said. :)

Darkchild

Archived