Shock Transfer System

Radrockin

Howdy Arnies,

My good Friend and teammate Ajax developed a fix to the version 2 gearbox design that will change the version 2 gearbox's in a m16/m4 with a metal receiver one piece hop up unit. The Product is known as the Shock Transfer System and I have been fortunate enough to of had the STS installed on my Personal rifle for almost 5 months fighting in all the diffrent elements that cross my path. Cold, heat, Rain, Wind, snow, desert sands, and at night.

My G&G M4 has been performing great with a cracked gearbox for the last 5 months that the STS has been installed on my rifle, that's right my gearbox has a crack in it and the STS has allowed my gearbox to last 5 months of Wargames no kidding. Others have tested the STS for Ajax Customs with the same results. The STS will indeed prolong your Version 2 gearbox like it has for me and so many others.

Its simple to install.

100% MADE IN THE USA

I think the coolest thing is how fast you can swap the STS into a diffrent M4/M16. If your like me and you have more then one M4 style weapon you can swap the STS out and into another M4 in less then one minute

www.v2fix.com

sts2.jpg

I just want to say good work to Ajax and all of you who push the constant movement of our sport.

Rad

Interesting. I like your idea but there is one other solution is the cheaper Sorbothane Pad but still has it use as I don't think Sorbothane don't help if your gearbox is already cracked.

When you say this allow your cracked gearbox to go 5 month do you mean 5 month then it stop or 5 month and still going strong?

Very interesting idea though.

Interesting. I like your idea but there is one other solution is the cheaper Sorbothane Pad but still has it use as I don't think Sorbothane don't help if your gearbox is already cracked.

When you say this allow your cracked gearbox to go 5 month do you mean 5 month then it stop or 5 month and still going strong?

Very interesting idea though.

Still going strong.

just keep it tight after every op/game and it should be good to go.

rad

could always thro loctite on it to help keep it tight.

Very interesting idea.

I would only locktite the STS in my weapon if I wasn't planning on swapping it out into another M4 of mine. Otherwise I could just get an STS for each of my M4's and Locktight them though which seems like a good idea to keep it tightened. I can ask Ajax what he would suggest on locktight and then report back.

Rad

edit: I spoke to Ajax and he said the reason you tighten it is to ensure you have complete surface contact area due to to vibrations that are absorbed by the shock transfer system, the sts has to be tightened to ensure its function. If the STS is lock tighted then it can result in your set screws not being able to adjust properly when you need to adjust it. when you loosen the set screws the spring loaded brass plunger will push forward ensuring that you have 100% contact to the receiver allowing your weapon to prolong the life of your Version 2 Gearbox.

Not to belittle the innovation of this piece or anything, but couldnt you stick like a hard piece of rubber between the gearbox and the hop up unit and wouldnt it dampen the shock as well?

The rubber piece would shift around inside from the vibration in the gearbox, That is where the spring loaded brass plungers with set screws come to play. The set Screws with a tweek from the Allen wrench will brace your gearbox so it doesn't bounce around from the vibrations thus allowing the cracks to not start or increase.

Their are photo instructions and breakdowns at the v2fix website.

www.v2fix.com

Nice idea, but ouch that is expensive... One could buy a new Systema mechbox shell for that price.....

Untitled-1.gif

Like this Systema?

And it would break again and again time after time which is why Ajax customs has researched and developed the Shock Transfer System for all of us who love our metal receiver M16/M4 Rifles and hate to replace the cracked gearbox due to poor manufacturer designs. The M16/M4 Gearbox is faulty and this will alleviate you from having to waste time and money on another yet another Gearbox.

Finally a solution for Airsoft, an actual Fix.

rad

Much as I love the idea, I fail to see the benefit... Radiusing a gearbox is free, and has been proven to work on all models and makes. This makes sense for the novice airsofter, but anyone running a mechbox liable to shatter in the front (casting issues aside) should know how to mitigate any problems.

I suppose $45 is a worthwhile price to pay to insure the longevity of one's expensively upgraded gearbox.

Of course, common sense goes a long way too. Don't shoot in the freezing cold. Don't toss in a M190 and expect a V2 to last very long. Radius the gearbox window, etc etc.

It's innovative and that's neat.

i think you have all been spoilt by my people...

seriously 45 US shouldnt be so hard to afford, especially since it is suppose to keep your gearbox from breaking (which could cost 200+)

Even in this reccession maybe this is a worth while investment, although i doubt it will fit my 416...lol

Im only backing this product up if it actually works and has a reasonable degree of quality

btw rad, nice advertising =P you're really good at proving your point :)

It's nice to see innovation in Airsoft and I am all about the movement like so many other airsofters out there.

I won't back something that I know won't work. its that simple.

As for the qualtiy of the Shock Transfer System, its solid.

See you in the fight!

Rad

Much as I love the idea, I fail to see the benefit... Radiusing a gearbox is free, and has been proven to work on all models and makes. This makes sense for the novice airsofter, but anyone running a mechbox liable to shatter in the front (casting issues aside) should know how to mitigate any problems.

I disagree. Radiusing the cylinder window will give you longer life on the gearbox, but when it cracks you are done shooting until the gearbox is replaced. With the STS you can go on with the skirmish and first worry about the broken shell when you get home. That kind of increased reliability is well wouth the 45$. For me it is all about staying in the game and that requires alot from the gun.

Besides, in some places on this planet, we use a higher power setting than most others. And that puts more stress on the system, resulting in increased wear on each component of the guns we use.

Has anyone ever cracked a M249 gearbox?

I know of quite a few actually, one being austinwolf on these forums, the gearboxes are a tank but where the strength matters (at the front) aren't very strong, they copied the PGC(?) design but didnt make the box out of machined 6061/T6 so it isn't strong enough for a high fps+rof setup.

G&P M249 uses a V2 gearbox with no front support.

I'll be sure to bring this up to Ajax and see what he decides on.

also on a side note I see that the STS will ship world wide free shipping which is good to know!

btw, My gearbox is still going strong after a hardcore training and my own mandatory 30 sec burst dry fire sessions just to see if I can stress the cracked Gearbox even further and the crack has not spread and my Custom M4 is still fighting Strong and I know it is because of the Shock Transfer System.

cant beat battlefield testing!

Game On!

Rad

Archived