Steam bioshock demo problems

my_plague_666

well, i'm getting a tad impatient waiting for the steam mods to activate my account and figured since there are plenty of steam users here, this is as good a place to ask as any.

with the arrival of my spiffy new PC i have finally downloaded steam and the bioshock demo. one problem, the game starts to open up then goes from the black full screen to a smaller window with 'not responding' at the top. i did as windows advised and downloaded a patch from the developers (although they said not to download it for the steam version, but i figured it doesnt work already so theres only room for improvement), no difference :(

any of you steam veterans care to help a steam noob out?

Sounds like an operational or graphical problem with the demo application rather than Steam.

Other than a reinstall or checking Control Panel/Admin Tools/Event Viewer for any application errors I can't really suggest anything. Reinstall the standalone version? (Why are you using Steam for a demo anyway? :)) http://files.filefront.com/BioShock+Demo/;...;/fileinfo.html

Archived