GHK GBB AKS74U Review

checked the brass sleeve hasnt slipped on the trigger pin? - it should go thru left hand side of trigger and thru the spring loaded rear trigger hook, if its slipped out of place then trigger may not be sitting straight in the pin and be tilting downwards slightly on the right hand side - might give you enough free movement to release front trigger hook from the hammer

Thanks for the reply, I will try to see what you mean :-)

I find it very hard to talk about this gun without an exploded view / part list.

Doesn't anyone out there has an exploded view or something usefull to make 'talking parts' a bit easier?

Edit: I found it I guess. Is it on this picture (step 4, at this page Intrudershop, howto RA-Tech AKS74. What part exactly do you refer to?

The trigger is in place I think.

I know (from looking at this page: GHK Support Page) there are 'new versions' for the safety sear and the trigger. And it looks as if the changes are made to fix the problem I (and others I suppose) am having.

I've been looking for a place to buy these parts, but GHK seems to have sold this AK74 project to Dboys / Boyi. And it's not 'official' yet so I don't know if/who/when/where at this moment. Also, getting parts from Dboys will be 'hard' I guess (no contact found anywhere).

And GHK tells me to contact the shop I bought the gun from. That is in Poland, I live in Belgium. They (and I understand) tell me to send the gun back for repair. Shippingcosts are rather high so I hope I can find a faster and perhaps cheaper way to fix my brand new GHK AKS74U (not the latest version, pitty ;-)...

Thanks for the info anyway !

Edited by lukvdh
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just inside the trigger in image four is a small brass tube that the trigger pin goes thru

it should fit inside the trigger and sit flush with left hand side of the trigger If you were to assmble and fit the trigger without it the trigger would be loose on the triggerpin and have a little more movement than it should

same would apply if the brass tube slides out along the trigger pin - it'll no longer be supporting right hand side of the trigger in its pin. that shouldnt happen as the pin is machined witha shoulder to prevent the tube sliding along it, but if the tube has 'opened up' it might be wide enough to slip past the shoulder

Id post some photos but they're on the other PC and its halfway thru a rebuild :(

try following

with top cover off the gun cock the hammer by hand

rotate the safety lever up even higher than it would normally go (so front part of the external lever sits say 3 or 4mm higher than normal) Is the trigger locked then or can the front hooks of trigger pivot forwards and down enough to still alow the hammer to trip?

try following

with top cover off the gun cock the hammer by hand

rotate the safety lever up even higher than it would normally go (so front part of the external lever sits say 3 or 4mm higher than normal) Is the trigger locked then or can the front hooks of trigger pivot forwards and down enough to still alow the hammer to trip?

I tried, trigger can be pulled and safety is not working. Hammer 'trips'.

Safety is only working when I place the lever a few mm DOWN (so it's between 'safe' and full auto).

The little brass tube (former reply) is in place.

I have the impression there is a miss-alignment between the lever and the internal 'security plate (sear)'. But there is a cutout in the lever that fits the 'plate', so those can't be missaligned IMHO.

And knowing GHK claims they have some 'new parts' (i.e. trigger and selector/safety sear) I still believe I have to get those to fix this problem. But I can't find a reseller who has these.

Thanks for the input anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

I just broke my hopup and my replacement plastic piston at the same time >_<

i am about 5-6k rounds in, hopefully my bolt wont break, I am going to have a npas piston and metal hopup brought in. Their is no price incentive to make me want to buy the bolt so i am holding off and hoping

anyone know how to semi these riffles? cant import auto into new zealand.

remove the part I've highlighted in pink from the spring loaded rear trigger hook - dremel it off

semimod.jpg

in semi the selector lever clears that part so that the rear hook will grab the hammer at end of every shot - preventing the gun firing another shot until shooter releases pressure on the trigger (which lets the hammer disengage from the rear trigger hook)

in full auto the rear trigger hook is held back by the selector lever pressing against that part of it I highlighted in pink, so that the rear hook cant grab the hammer and gun can keep firing till trigger is released

no pink part on the rear trigger hook, no way the selector can grab it to hold the hook clear, so no way the gun can fire auto.

you could acheive the same thing by cutting a notch in the selector lever paddle so it cant engage the part of the rear hook I highlighted, but its not much of a semi-only conversion as you could have the paddle out and swaped for a fresh one in five seconds flat. Though it wouldnt do any harm doing both mods.

One thing you cant do is remove the whole rear hook assembly - otherwise you'll lose any ability to set the gun on semi and it'll either be in safe or in full auto ll the time.

Edited by snorkelman
  • 2 months later...

contact justin at daytona gun he sells steel versions of the internal parts (though Im not sure if he sells the selector on its own or only as part of a sub kit with a few other bits n bobs)

alternately stick a wanted add up - someone might have an unbroken stock one that they've already swapped out when fitting Justins version

the external selector lever is just a bog standard dboys AEG part

I just purchased a GHK v1 ak for pretty dirt cheap.

Seems like there are more than 1 version of the AKS74U in the market? How would I know what version I'm getting if say I buy 1 today?

Always like the AKS74U design. It being a GBB is just icing over the cake, so to speak. It also looks like it's skirmishable out of the box. Just might need to add a tightbore barrel and new bucking.

the original lets call it version V1 (though versions in terms of the GHK often amount to pretty insignificant/trivial changes as the design got a lot of minor tweakign as it went along)

V2 then improved fire control parts (slightly more built up contact surfaces to address the issues some guns had with sloppy fire controls)

V3 the improved firecontrol parts and new hop up

V4 then the current? version with all of the above and a bolt carrier redesign to rejiggle how the bolt travel gets limited in the carrier (I think this one ditches the two screws approach?)

at some point in all that there was also talk of the boltcarrier and hammer being cast under higher pressure to try an improve the internal structure of the casting (less voids etc) if that did take place it would have been at V2 or V3 stage as that was around the time it was discussed.

The BF steel kit looks to have been based around V2 stage at most, still remains to be seen what combo of parts the dboys/GHK collaboration has resulted in

at the moment the V1/V2 version would havea slight advantage for those intending to gut the gun and fill it with spendy upgrade parrts as the upgrade parts (particularly the hop unit) are all based ont he V1 V2 design, if yuo have a GHK with the newer hop unit then you cant make use of the upgraded third party ones

Thanks for the info Snorkelman!

It turns out I have the seletor plate as well. It was just in the bottom of the box with the broken selector switch still attached to it haha.

Are there any online manuals or exploded diagrams for this thing? I'm looking at a few parts and theres this lever right above the outer barrel behind the front sight that I don't know wtf it does

• 3 weeks later...

well, i got that today, was stupid enough to put my finger in the way of the bolt, shot on full and cracked part of my thumbfingernail. ouch. Best accuracy of any gbbr ive shot, which includes all of wa's series, we, agm, jing gong, marushin, maruzen's smgs, inokatsu and well's smgs. The most impressive accuracy and hop up sensitivityive ever shot in a gbbr! What a good buy!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Unsure if this has been answered already but, the GHK guns use AEG bodies right? So that would mean I could just convert it to a regular AK look, minus the mags. Speaking of magazines, wouldn't it be possible to transfer the internals of the standard GHK mag to an AEG or RS one with modifications?

Edited by Drake

It's not any AEG body, it's Dboys and VFC I believe. As for the mags I believe they would work with modification. GHK mags, unlike others, use the shell as just that, some of the other mags the shell is actually a permanent part of the mag.

It looks like they are out of stock at many places but you should be able to order direct from GHK or RATech, just send them an email.

Edited by frogfish

Not that I'll be making the mod but it was something that I thought would be nice to know. Also, is it safe to even use CO2 with this gun? The only reason why I want to consider CO2 is for kick factor, I would of course use an NPAS to adjust the FPS. Or would CO2 be far too powerful to adjust in hot climates?