can anyone recommend some glasses

my_plague_666

i'm on the lookout for some new safety glasses and wondered if you wonderful folks could give some input on the matter.

i'm after something that would fit in with a mid 80's soviet loadout, so something fairly generic (probably metal framed) that wont stand out too much while giving the best level of eye protection.

i was looking at these, they seem to fit the bill, fairly large wrap around lenses and simple metal framed design.

anyone got any experience with them or have any pics of them being worn?

open for suggestions of other models too, of course :)

cheers

If you intend to use those for skirmishing i would seriously reconsider, I got a pair and they pretty much desintegrated when I shot them with my AEG...Maybe I got a lemon, who knows, if they are intended for fashionable posing then by all means do as you please :)

If you intend to use those for skirmishing i would seriously reconsider, I got a pair and they pretty much desintegrated when I shot them with my AEG...Maybe I got a lemon, who knows, if they are intended for fashionable posing then by all means do as you please :)

:blink: wow, says tested to 600 odd FPS on firesupport. not something i'd expect from peltor but NOT a chance i fancy taking, especially not with other good options out there.

i looked at the ESS ICE, i own a pair of ESS full seals and love them to bits so i trust ESS but they look a bit modern for my liking.

the bolle silium look like an excellent choice, and i trust bolle's reputation. can anyone add any further comments or details? (lens size, side on protection etc)

I've owned the Peltor 2x2 glasses with a full seal. Comes with three different lenses (Tinted, Yellow, Clear) and have taken several BBs to the glass. Not even a knick. They're good enough to sport as normal glasses if you don't mind the non-removeable seal. However because of they're awesomeness, I lost them while I was in Vegas :(. 54 bucks from Reed's Indoor Range

PELTOR2X2.jpg

However they've been nicely replaced by Guarder C4 glasses. I love them to death. They've survived many BB strikes with the Blue tint lenses, and offer the the Tinted, yellow, and clear as well. They also have a removeable seal, microcloth case, padded case, and strap for the glasses. 34 bucks from Ebaybanned.

cimg3058.JPG

I have the ESS ICE 2.4's and love them, but they'll look odd in that kinda mid-80's soviet loadout.

You could always try and get some ballistic lens for some Ray Bans :P ? I'm not sure how common it was to see a soviet wearing such an American product though. Maybe you could just get some aviators with ballistic lens, i've seen some that even have the polycarb wrap around. I'll try looking them out.

Or check out these, some nice retro styling :)

http://www.liveeyewear.com/index2.html

The Live glasses might not be ballistic, but they're polycarb lens, i'm unsure, just thought they look like a cool option.

you can get ballistic ray bans. i should imagine they would look good, war trophies from american supplied muji perhaps :D

but its a bit wintery for shades right now and i think aviators are a bit gappy round the sides (although in summer i plan to mod s pair to half seal)

pretty much anything ESS looks a bit modern for an 80s loadout.

and i already have some C4s, but i've lost one of the arms (doest matter i hated them anyway)

right now i'd like some opinions on the bolle silium. they look good, i trust bolle and they appear to give good coverage. anything else i should know about them?

Archived