Vanaras POM M203 40mm Grenade Shell Reviewed!

Vanaras was kind enough to send a sample of these to me via the guys at RSOV. Since word of these hit the market I’ve been itching to get my hands on one. Vanaras has thrown convention out the window and decided to build a low cost M203 grenade shell by changing up the materials they used. At 133 grams, you get a shell that’s about 29% lighter than the equivalent metal shell; and at $11.99 it’s a steal. Do you get what you pay for or do you get a lot more?

What you've got here is a light weight, inexpensive, and possibly very effective grenade shell on our hands. Overall the machining looks great on the outside, and okay on the inside. I will say that the choice of materials on the inside might not be best though given some wear that I've seen on the push button / trigger. The metal components seem a bit soft. I did have a few problems resetting the valve as well, till I figured out the problem.

Overall the range is decent, and the spread is about perfect. The price, well you can't beat it.

To find out the full details and pictures, check out my review here:

http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/revie...m-m203-grenade/

Edited by infected

Arr, you beat me to it...though I don't even have the shells 0_0.

Great review, looks like I'll be picking up some of them for my M203 standalone.

Just curious about the valve reset - do you just push that metal ring down every once in a while to make sure the pin resets correctly?

Just curious about the valve reset - do you just push that metal ring down every once in a while to make sure the pin resets correctly?

What I found is that sometimes you'll press the valve all the way in and you can hear it reset. The pin will not spring all the way back out, but sit about 1/8" in. When you try to fill it it will just vent out in a sporadic farting manner. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. If / when it does that, you need to open it up and press the ring back in. I found having a socket about that size makes it easy to press in place. I've only had to do that maybe 3 times out of probably 50 shots.