Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Tanaka 870 Scattergun a few days ago:

15821820.jpg

15821821.jpg

A really nice shotty with lots of metal components. Although I have noticed a slightly irritating feature: When hloding the gun vertically, with the muzzle pointing upwards, the forearm slides down about 4-5mm, wich prevents loading of more shells into the magazinetube since the loadingarms tend to block the feeding port. Is it just my Tanaka 870, or has anyone else here notised this?

smart looking shotty

what fps is it doing?

I haven't been able to put it through a chronograph just yet. I also got two different kinds of shells: The Tanaka standard Shells, and the AirSoft Surgeon upgraded shells. When I've put it through the chronor, I'll let you know.

how much was that clone and where u get it frm im thinking about getting 1 are they worth it?

I picked it up off a guy I skirmish with 2nd hand for £10.

depends what you want from it, it should do me fine as it's only going to be used as my sniping back up.

on of my shotguns.

m870.jpg

(it's lighter in real than in the pic)

Tanaka 18", magazine tube extension, Remington Police Magnum stock and forearm.

The outer barrel has been modified to reduce the barrel wooble. Two ISO M5 screws go through the whole barrel and body (the plastic part of the barrel) reducing the wooble. Anyway, those at Tanaka Works that decided to make that part in plastic shall be spanked in public for such a bad idea. That part should obviously be in stainless steel or aircraft grade aluminium.

The forearm side arms shall be in steal too, and blued. They are in cheap aluminium alloy.

For those who would ask, the stock was easy to adapt, but I had to work on the forearm. The tanaka mag tube is bigger than the original remington so you have to use a fine to increase the hole in the wood part.

@ Moddan : As for the forearm issue, mine is not having such issue. It's firm and tight. I reload the gun with gun pointing in front of me but it wouldn't be a problem to load it with muzzle up. My extension is said to fit 3 additional shells but I won't put more than 6 in the tube (4+2) so overall capacity is 6+1.

Another thing, why do you write "POLICE MAGNUM" on the side of the gun and write "For 2" 3/4 shells" on the barrel. MAGNUM IS 3" !!

Edited by Sgt-McKenzie
WL-Matt, should be able to find it on www.cheaperthandirt.com for around $20-25.

Here's my custom M3 Super 90 built off of the Counter-Strike: Source model. Custom build foregrip taclight, and I might considering selling it soon :(

Old pics:

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

New pics:

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

that is one sweet looking shotty :)

that is one sweet looking shotty :)

Dude, you don't need to quote all the pics. The general consensus is that doing so wastes forum space. When replying to a post with pics, it's normal etiquette to change out the "img" at the beginning and end of each pic url to "url". That way the links to the pics are still there, but the images are not displayed and they take up minimal space.

Just something to consider for future reference. ;)

Another thing, why do you write "POLICE MAGNUM" on the side of the gun and write "For 2" 3/4 shells" on the barrel. MAGNUM IS 3" !!

Because there is a 2.75" magnum 12 bore shell ;).

I remember I'd seen them in the past but I found this to back up my claim.

"2 3/4 inch Magnum shells are also popular for waterfowl hunting. These are loaded with steel shot in sizes T, BBB, BB, 1, 2, 3, and 4. The MV of steel magnum shells is usually 1275 fps."

http://www.chuckhawks.com/12gauge.htm

DarkMM :flamed:

20 years of shotgun shooting :D

Dude, you don't need to quote all the pics. The general consensus is that doing so wastes forum space. When replying to a post with pics, it's normal etiquette to change out the "img" at the beginning and end of each pic url to "url". That way the links to the pics are still there, but the images are not displayed and they take up minimal space.

Just something to consider for future reference. ;)

it's such a nice shotty i felt it needed a second outing! :)

yea, sorry about that