Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I really think she turned out well.

Sgt.McKenzie

I started by sanding the finish down using coarse steel-wool and 800 grit sandpaper. Then I sprayed it with the Rustoleum Automotive Primer, about three coats of that- Then I took very fine steel wool went over the primer lightly, after that I went over it with a clean soft cloth.

The next paint layer was 2 coats of Rustoleum black metallic 'protective' enamel, then finally a very light layer of deep blue Krylon. I finished with another rub-down with very fine steel wool, then the soft cloth.

All this was done in my garage, using coat-hangers to hold the pieces to paint and then dry- A proper painting booth and paint sprayer would have been the best, but oh well ;)

Slainte!

All this was done in my garage, using coat-hangers to hold the pieces to paint and then dry- A proper painting booth and paint sprayer would have been the best, but oh well ;)

Ah, then it's not perfect ;)

Great job. I like your shotgun.

On my tanaka I tried to have another look. I tried to make it look "used to the bone". I used small sand paper to remove the paint then I finished it with steel wool. Not there is only a thin layer of the original paint.

On the stock, I applied two layers of dark vernish and then I used sand paper to beat it down here and there so we can see the original light colors. It make it look like it's been used and abused in the bush. I use it for my LRRP Vietnam loadout (as seen in the Vietnam section). I only carry it in my back as a fake back up weapon. If you want to play in the field with your shotgun, don't buy it. If you want to have another wood and metal gun next to your M14, Garand and USM1, then go for it.

I couldn't choose between wood or plastic, so I have both.

rems.jpg

Edited by Sgt-McKenzie
Ah, then it's not perfect ;)

Great job. I like your shotgun.

On my tanaka I tried to have another look. I tried to make it look "used to the bone". I used small sand paper to remove the paint then I finished it with steel wool. Not there is only a thin layer of the original paint.

On the stock, I applied two layers of dark vernish and then I used sand paper to beat it down here and there so we can see the original light colors. It make it look like it's been used and abused in the bush. I use it for my LRRP Vietnam loadout (as seen in the Vietnam section). I only carry it in my back as a fake back up weapon. If you want to play in the field with your shotgun, don't buy it. If you want to have another wood and metal gun next to your M14, Garand and USM1, then go for it.

I couldn't choose between wood or plastic, so I have both.

rems.jpg

Is that the slugshot shotgun that yo're suggesting not to skirmish?

I have the regular Tanaka 870 (shooting 3 x 6mm BBs). Stock, not upgraded except reinforcement and wood). Are you refering to the slugshot made my Redwolf? This one is obviously too powerful to engage gamers. The problem with the tanaka (eiher version) is you have to pick the shells up (7$ each). Pain in the *albatross* when you still have to aim and dodge guys with upgraded AKs and 600 BBs mags. I'm not even speaking of the slow reloading and the weak capacity of the gun (5+1).

The G&P 870 (on the right in the pic) is playable. Easy to reload, no ejected shells, solid, hi powered out of the box.

Edited by Sgt-McKenzie

Sgt M,

That my friend is a thing of beauty!

I love it- and as you may have seen by my usual 'products' that is the look I traditionally go for-

Excellent work! Now if you haven't already, take some more pictures of her allone and get them up in the 'Battle Worn' thread!

...That's an order Marine! ;)

Custom M870 (Maruzen shells) and RS Mossberg ("the door opener"). I am planning to get Airsoftsurgeon M870 slug shot, put the same grip on it and use it like "the door opener" too. Instead of real doors we will use cardboard doors (which I have to make...) to create the "real situation" with using airsoft guns for training ;)

Brokovnice.jpg

Brokovnice1.jpg

Harry

URNA

:rifle:

WHAT!

What gun is that Guinness? Is it the ACM "M500"?

Sexy!

-Blink

Yes sir :D

The ever changing, never the same week by week ACM M500 clone :P

Those keeping score at home, this is why Chinese clones are good for America, good for the world, good for you!

For a little over $100 dollah you have a gun that shoots very hard, very well, and you aren't afraid to let your creativity run wild on!

Slainte!