Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory

definately get a metal body. they are teh sechs and feel really nice.

if you get a metal body, be careful as you strip the gun, unless you are already competant at it. its a little tricky. im sure you can work it out, but there are no good guides on how to strip the receiver, so if you get stuck, PM me :)

I just bought the ACM m500 in 6mm and no it does not have hop up. It's good that it doesn't though. I'd rather have a blank slate to work with than the half assed hop up on the 8mm. Just offset the barrel and you'll get a hop up better than any other out there. I've got mine shooting about 200 feet after 20 minutes with the drill press.

I've noticed that the quality control seams to be better all around compared the the 8mm but the paint scratches easily and it feels more toyish. Perhaps after I break it in the pumping sound will be closer to my 8mm.

range of my acm m500 shorty (on gas) is between 15m & 20m on average, i did clean out the barrel before using (removing more grease then i ever saw)

works fantastic in cqb!

m500.jpg

My m870 just got a make-over. It now has...

~ATI 7 shot extender(though my gun can only hold six shells)

~ATI Heat Shield

Ill be sure to post more pics later but I just wanted to show you guys what I have done. It is also hooked up to co2 so thats what that black hose is for. I may go back to using the original gas tank and start using red gas. I did purchase a TAC-STAR pistol grip for it but Im not putting it one unless I decide to keep co2 and if I cant find a short enough screw that has the same threads as the original full stock screw

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa259/a.../m870pic023.jpg

Also for those of you who dont feal like counting thats 23 shells

How did you mount the 7 shot extension?

I tried installing one on my M1100...are the M870 and M1100 threads different?

-Vic

Edit: Nope, tried it again. You must have re-thredded one of the two. Also, how'd you upgrade to CO2? Please, share the knowledge. :D

And a few pics...as promised.

8703.jpg

8702.jpg

8701.jpg

Edited by Victory
How did you mount the 7 shot extension?

I tried installing one on my M1100...are the M870 and M1100 threads different?

-Vic

Edit: Nope, tried it again. You must have re-thredded one of the two. Also, how'd you upgrade to CO2? Please, share the knowledge.

And a few pics...as promised.

I cut off the mounting extension(the part with the threads) and shaved out the inside of the tube a bit. Its a push on fit held on firmly by the barrel clamp.

As for the co2 its quite simple.

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/proje...view_custom.htm

theres some info there and there was a good guide on classicairsoft.org but I cant seem to find it. Basically all you do is take the stock off, drill a hole for the gas tube and then hook that up to the co2 adapter. I do not recommend trying it on your m1100 becasue they break a lot easier

And more pics as promised

m870pic032.jpg

m870pic027.jpg

m870pic026.jpg

m870pic024.jpg

m870pic028.jpg

If you want any specific pics of any thing let me know

Edited by airsofter0866

Amateur stuntman did an m870 - Co2 convertion. He says its amazing for a while then it....goes wrong.... his words were "it went off like a grenade". i seem to remeber him saying that the internals are nigh impossible to upgrade, because there are no custom bits on the market, so all u can do is lube em up and get stronger seals, but inevitably, it explodes. i have tried one of these co2 m870s, once, and it was amazing. 5 bb's going in a decent pattern at AEG range. very nice :D

i was going to do the job, but im thinking of trying to find a half way house as it were. a good way of increasing the power is shortening the huuuuuuuuuge hose in the stock. however, if you do this, it is very tricky to get the stock back together. I guess you could probably find a way of increasing the power through simply replacin the gas tank with a better one. maybe something like the one in(or out i guess) a classic airsoft gun, but still using green gas. All i know is that im tired of having to be ten feet from someone for them to be hit : /.

Just adding my m500's

Silver and black : Marushin Mariner 8 mil Ltd : with black acm furniture on.

Black and wood : ACM 6mil - wow LOVE it - soo glad I bought it - and with the real wood on it, looks amazing and unseen at my local site :)

post-23325-1210595857_thumb.jpg