Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys use as a sling on the Marushin M500?  I recently bought this from blooboi, which I'm really looking forward to using in CQB, but I know I'll need a sling for it, for when I switch to my side arm.

snip

I was looking through several real steel slings for M500s, but most of them require a special sling swivel installed on the plug on the end piece of the magazine tube, which I would imagine (given that that is where we load the BBs) would not be an option.

So I was wondering what your opinions are on this?

BTW, I'm enjoying my M500 a lot... even more than my TM M3...  :)

3-point sling designed for full stock

http://store.theslingshop.com/ezsling2.html

http://www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm#500

http://store.botachtactical.com/cqbsopspecop.html

I use one of these in the front of my m500:

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-P-M870-Metal-Barrel-...7QQcmdZViewItem

what shotgun do u think is good for general purpose's ?? <_<

Well first you got to ask yourself what do you plan on using it for more of? Skirmishing, or plinking? If you were going to just shoot some targets for fun, I'd go with a shotty that uses shells because they're just tons of fun. Like the Tanaka 870 or Maruzen 870. If you're going to be using it for skirmishing, I'd use something that doesn't use shells, like the CA870 by G&P, the M3 Super 90 by Tokyo Marui, or the Marushin M500.

Then again, if you were dead set on getting a shotgun that uses shells for skirmishing, that's still possible as they're fine shotguns, but you'll probably want to get a shell catcher so you don't have to spend time running around looking for expensive shells after the game.

Personally, I have a Maruzen M870 (gas version and uses shells), a TM M3, and a Marushin M500. The Marushin M500 is my current favorite. CA 870s are good as well and they don't use shells, but bare in mind that these only fire one single BB per shot. Where the M3 and M500 excel is that they fire multiple BBs per shot therefore increasing you chances of a hit in CQB.

Go for whatever style suits you. They're all decent! ;)

Edited by uscmCorps

It's done... I sold it... not before having fixed this annoying barrel wobble (I replaced the underbarrel pin that caused both barrel wobble AND multi-jamming by a M5 headless screw ; replaced the two pins under the top of the receiver which maintain the shell port by two M3 screws ; replaced the two magazine tube pins by two others slightly bigger, in order not to loose the again). Now it's reliable and it feels more sturdy to handle. That's a shame that Tanaka don't ever thought to do it right from the beginning... <_<

The last pic of my ex Tanaka M870 Airsoft Surgeon / lovecraft25 custom chrome / wood :

dscf2276di1.jpg

Hmmm. Lovecraft, that makes me think. You know how on a lot of guns, like the AUG for example, there's just one little problem that makes the gun almost not worth getting? The foregrip pin for the AUG, and on this gun, the body pins, and say for the UTG M324, fixing the air leak, etc. When regular players like us come up with solutions for the problem, do you think that when the companies hear what we did, they slap their hands to their foreheads and curse a lot? How come they never seem to fix the problem soon, if at all?

Some companies do actually correct the "bugs" of their replicas (VFC with their service pack for their AKS74U)... But asking Tanaka to do it... well... LOL !

Beside, where is the pleasure if you can't enjoy your own custom job / fixing job on f*cked up replicas ? :D

Edited by lovecraft25
I got a couple of questions about that CA870 of yours.

1)How long is the inner barrel?

2)How/Where did you get that front sight?

1) I don't remember exactly, but it ends about 2-3" before the outer barrel.

2) The front sight is just a random piece of plastic that is screwed/epoxied onto the outer barrel. The outer barrel is a chunk of 1" pvc pipe with a pipe coupler at the receiver.

pics of the build:

20040627ca870shorty011ek8.jpg

20040628ca870shorty001hh2.jpg

20040628ca870shorty012qt6.jpg

I do believe that. Is the mag extender fully fonctionnal ? Do you have more or less barrel wobble than with the original barrel ?

Nope, didn't really extend the mag. The extended mag tube is a part of the mag tube that came on the G&P set. The mag tube is still stock, the endcap is still screwed on.

The piece of mag tube just sits on top of the endcap, it's held in place by a sling mount and the ring that holds the barrel and tube together.

Originally it was my plan to put a pin in the original mag tube, and fit a custom piece of tube on it. Just for fun, I put a piece of the G&P set on, and it was the right length. So it's on now smile.gif I might mod it lateron, but I like it how it is now.

I never had any barrel wobble with the original barrel, but then again I got rid of it as soon as I got it. The G&P barrel is pused into the reciever, not as far as the original barrel. It's held in place by 2 tiny screws, on either side of the plastic chamber. it's also held into place by the ring connecting it to the mag tube, right after the handguard.

Next part of the project will be adding a Surefire/G&P handguard. ;)