Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a real sawn off stock or is it the standard CA870 brown sawn off painted black? Either way, nice job (found lately that i'm leaning more towards getting another short barrelled 870 with sawn off stock meself to go in a shoulder holster i'm planning on making in the near future - Ala Evil Dead) easier to draw from a scabbard than a full stock or pistolgrip (been practicing)

how much work did the stock take on the sawn off?

To make it fit, just some trimming on the G&P metal body, mainly removing the "lip" on the top rear. As for the grip, just some filing down in order for it to sit flush. As long as you have a dremmel handy, the work shouldnt take any longer than 10 minutes.

Oh, and the stock was purchased as is. It is a Speedfeed "Witness Protection" set; comes with a foregrip too but it looked like it would be way too much work to make it fit. They also make this in wood too if anyone is interested. Just google "speedfeed" and "witness protection"

Edited by Cyclops-a-thon
To make it fit, just some trimming on the G&P metal body, mainly removing the "lip" on the top rear. As for the grip, just some filing down in order for it to sit flush. As long as you have a dremmel handy, the work shouldnt take any longer than 10 minutes.

thanks, but i was actually talking to the fella with the double barreled boomstick.

still, i was wondering whether to use one of those grips on an M500 at some point if i ever get round to buying one. any idea if it'd fit?

Here's my "Kyle Reese" M500 Custom (Terminator 1 reference). I brought this to my local airsoft store, determined that it was too big to use in the cqb field out back, couldn't find any pistol grips in the immediete area, so I made my own after finding a band saw LOL.

DSC02481.jpg

Added a heatshield, chopped the stock and outer barrel. I like that "stolen from a cop car and going to jack some fool up" look :P

I guess this adds to Cyclops-A-Thons "Inner City Armory"

Might add, it's a Marushin M500, not ACM.

I don't have the gun physically next to me and won't have it for the next few months so I can't give you a measurement as of now.

I sawed off the stock like that because of the grip screw being that long. I should get a shorter screw so I can make it into a "true" pistol grip, but I haven't had the time to do it. I sawed off the barrel like that because it's right where the inner barrel ends as well as where the front sight started (couldn't remove the front sight/ very lazy). It was a quick job and I actually ended up liking the look. :]

Speedfeed makes the witness protection grips for the M500's too, for some reason they are priced lower than the Remington version. However, I have no idea on how much, if any modifying has to be done as I never owned a Marushin shotgun.

I saw Evo's gun a week ago, looks much better in person, and perfect for the CQB field we have here. Are you going to try put on a different grip? Maybe the Houge pistol grip that peter used to have..?? Lots of choices on Ebay ;)

BTW evo, I canceled the entire order, so I will have to start over again. I'll email you later.

SHT-087.jpg

SHT-080.jpg

I was going to try this combo from Cheaper than Dirt, $40 total w/o shipping compared to the $200 that the local gun shop quoted me at. Gives it a Boondocks Saint Courthouse look. If I do this, i'll probably get the following heatshield with built in front/rear sights.

SHT-007.jpg

Or maybe use the current heat shield with the original ghost ring rear sight and a "high viz" clip on front sight but I don't want to lose it in the field ;)

edit : fixed the broken image

Edited by evo12
how much work did the stock take on the sawn off?

It took quite a bit of work.

The receiver end of the stock wasn't angled right, so I had to file that down so it would meet the receiver at the correct angle.

Then I had to drill/dremel extensions in the stock for the upper and bottom tangs, and shape the bottom of the stock so the trigger guard area would fit in.

Then I found out that I had taken off a little too much material on the front end of the stock on the bottom, so I had to ghetto rig stuff with duct tape so that the stock would fit more securely.

It was somewhat tedious, but if I had figured out sooner to use the right dremel tip it would have been a lot easier.

DSC09252.jpg

DSC09316.jpg

DSC09290.jpg

DSC09305.jpg

DSC09327.jpg

Tokyo Marui M3 Shorty with...

- Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90 Full Stock

- Stock Painted Matte Black

- Sights Painted In White

- Magazine Tube Shortened & Mag Tube Blocker Pin Removed

- Maglite Mini AA Flashlight with TerraLUX Luxeon MiniStar2 50 Lumen LED Upgrade Bulb & Circuit Installed In Mag Tube

- Smokey's M3S90 Vertical Front Grip

- Allen Buttstock Shell Holder

- Wrap Around Elastic Strap Sewn On Back Of Shell Holder

- Shell Holder Sling

- 10,000 Mg of badassery

Does anybody know whether the JT3 clone shotties have the same or very similar stock fittings to the TM, as mine could do with a fullstock. Here it is with the pug fugly pistol grip. DSC00328.jpg

BTW, I saw the new Benelli M3 Super 90 clone when I was down at AW on the weekend (thats where I got the heatshield from), I had no idea that they had done a long barrelled clone yet, but seeing is believeing I guess. I was very impressed with the overall quality.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC09252.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC09316.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC09290.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC09305.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC09327.jpg

Tokyo Marui M3 Shorty with...

- Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90 Full Stock

- Stock Painted Matte Black

- Sights Painted In White

- Magazine Tube Shortened & Mag Tube Blocker Pin Removed

- Maglite Mini AA Flashlight with TerraLUX Luxeon MiniStar2 50 Lumen LED Upgrade Bulb & Circuit Installed In Mag Tube

- Smokey's M3S90 Vertical Front Grip

- Allen Buttstock Shell Holder

- Wrap Around Elastic Strap Sewn On Back Of Shell Holder

- Shell Holder Sling

- 10,000 Mg of badassery

Very nice.

How is that Smokey's grip? I've been thinking of getting one for my M3

BTW, I saw the new Benelli M3 Super 90 clone when I was down at AW on the weekend (thats where I got the heatshield from), I had no idea that they had done a long barrelled clone yet, but seeing is believeing I guess. I was very impressed with the overall quality.

Really? Does this mean that UK retailers are starting to stock them? Are you referring to the triple barreled version? (Please say yes, please say yes....)

Wings :detective2:

Oh lookie! I made a new friend today! ^_^

DSC09348.jpg

DSC09354.jpg

DSC09359.jpg

ACM M500 (6mm, Black) with...

- Shortened Outer Barrel & Removed Sights

- Real Steel Tac-Star M500 Pistol Grip

- Real Steel Tac-Star Heat Shield

- Private Parts Steel Charging Arms (not installed yet, but I got em and will install em when the stock arms break)

Got it in the mail from Airsoft GI this afternoon, had it modded in about an hour, and I've since put around 600 rounds through it without a single problem. Worked perfect right out of the box, no leaks, no jams, no misfeeds, great power and a nice big spread shooting 5 BBs at once. Full metal construction, weighs a ton, looks fantastic, sounds great when you pump it, shoots like a demon, and is just a true beauty for CQB without a doubt.

Mmm... yeah... I loves my new friend :D

o O (although I think there may be a G&P M870 with real steel Remington wood furniture in my future this summer, because 2 shotguns just arn't enough ;) ) O o

Edit: P.S. ---> Evansy, I really like the Smokey's vertical front grip a lot! At first I thought it looked a little weird but now once I've gotten used to the look of it I really like it. It feels perfect in hand and makes the gun a lot smoother and easier to cock. It was already pretty smooth to cock but the vertical foregrip makes it smooth as silk. If you have big hands you might find it a bit small, but for small to medium hands I think it has a great feel and was well worth the $62 shipped from HK that I paid for it.

Edited by Jin15