Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have a deal where Tanaka provides them spare parts or the guns unassembled. But please feel free to CRACK open your M870 and prove me wrong.

Well, a piece inside of the bolt on mine broke, so I have to take it apart to fix the thing.. and reading your experiences I'm not really looking forward to this...

Also, what did Tanaka use to make the hammers for the M870's? Silly putty? The place on the hammer that hits the firing pin is all deformed to *beep*.

Titleist, can you do some pics of the receiver/barrel junction now that it is broken so I can get a feel for the way the parts go together?

I briefly toyed with the idea of getting an AS one just to see the difference but I'm not sure I can be bothered. I suspect he just removed the inner barrel and put a machined ally tube in the outer barrel to bring the inner diameter down to the same and the outer diameter of the shells.

That sucks though, depending on what is broken I may be able to get the spares you need at close to economical repair territory.

Alrighty! After quite a bit of custom work my Marui M3 tactical shotgun is finally complete! :D

So, I proudly present the final version of my tactical shotgun...

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC09290-1.jpg

DSC09305B.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about! ^_^

And just for those who are wondering, the top rail is not glued on, it is actually hard mounted. I stripped the gun down the receiver, drilled 3 holes in the receiver, carefully hollowed out sections inside the receiver for the nuts and washers to mount the rail, and tightened it down. A lot of people suggested I just glue it on, but if I'm going to do something I do it right. So the rail is hard mounted!

DSC00073.jpg

Soooo, now that it's all complete, here's what all went into this gun...

Tokyo Marui M3 Shorty with...

- Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90 Full Stock

- Stock Painted Matte Black

- Sights Painted In White

- Magazine Tube Shortened & Mag Tube Blocker Pin Removed

- Maglite Mini AA Flashlight with TerraLUX Luxeon MiniStar2 50 Lumen LED Upgrade Bulb & Circuit Installed In Mag Tube

- Magazine Tube Pin Chopped Into 2 Small Sections & Re-Installed w/ JB Weld To Prevent Barrel Wobble

- Smokey's M3S90 Vertical Front Grip

- Allen Buttstock Shell Holder

- Wrap Around Elastic Strap Sewn On Back Of Shell Holder

- Shell Holder Sling

- Receiver Drilled & Hollowed Out For Scope Mount

- ICS M4 Handguard Rail Mounted On Top Of Receiver

- G&P Aimpoint Comp M2 Mounted On Rail

- 10,000 Mg of badassery

Whew! That was a lot of work! But soooooo worth it I think, the red dot and tac-light really brings it all together I think :D

Lastly...

Any gun this sexy deserves a sexy model to display it. But unfortunately I don't have Inokatsu's kind of budget and I don't know any models, soooo, ummm... this cute little Siberian Husky plushie will have to do! :P

DSC00113.jpg

Luv luv guys and gals, another project completed ^_^

Edited by Jin15

That shotgun is bloody gorgeous

I'm not particulary partial towards vertgrips on shotties (really, I hate them), but yours pulls it off 'cause the rest of it is just too sexy :>

well done

- nice to see someone that haven't lost their mind and gotten rid of that brilliant M3 stock :)

Let this be a lesson, expensive does not equal better built. Stuntman, I replied via PM to you.

I'm going to be selling all the parts that are in good shape, if anyone wants 'em let me know.

Its a crappy feeling, I've had my share of expensive lessons :angry:

Speaking of which, please let me know if you are selling your stock. Thnx.

Very nice job on the rail man, you are the first I've seen to hard mount a rail. I've JB welded mine, gorilla glued, and 2 part epoxied and its broken off with every one of them. And I do that sort of thing for a living :)

Thanks man! ^_^

I had throught about just JB Welding it on, but I know this gun is going to get banged around a lot in skirmishing so the only real option to make sure it would stay on solid is to hard mount it. I think I did a pretty good job too, everything looks straight and level to my eyes.

Let me know if you ever want a guide to hard mounting a rail on a Marui M3 and I'll help you out with it.

(For those who don't know what I'm talking about, look at the last post on the previous page. I gave my Marui M3 a bit of a makeover! :D )