Shotgun Picture Thread

That grip is awesome...so much that it made me chuckle while imagining myself holding it.

It has that sort of, "I'm going to hit you with this," look to it...

Hard to put into words...but yes, excellent work. (If you ever sell it, PM me.)

-Vic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys. I spent a lot of time on it and am very happy with the end result. I got to use it in game last sunday and there is nothing more fun than dropping your primary to the ground and pulling a sawn off shotgun out of the hydration pouch on your back. The feel of the grip made it just that much better. I even played a few rounds with only that shotgun.

• 2 weeks later...

my tm m3 super90 is 4 yrs old now, the day i got it i did the barrel chop to shorten it by a good amount but otherwise have left it alone since then.

just recently i was getting a bit tired of the pistol grip full stock look. i like the 3-shot system the m3 uses but wanted a shotgun using that system to look a bit more like a traditional pump-action (less tactical)

so junior hacksaw in hand i set about cutting off the pistol grip as well and now with the addition of a bit of milliput and some black paint this is what i'm left with

shotgun_mod.jpg

dont know whether to leave it like that or try to make the stock and foregrip wood effect.. ultimately i want to use it in vietnam games without upsetting anyone so i think wood effect is looming..

comfort wise its great, i thought that my right hand would be a little high and intefere with the sight picture buts it doesnt and i can see both sights and the target fine. i was also worried about how hard cocking the gun would be, but again everything works just great.

i do have a couple of old air rifles here that i had a look at with an idea of using one of the stocks, but nothing lept out at me as being all that easy to achieve with my lack of proper tools and talents..

i know this might sound dumb but if its magazine fed how do you pump that thing with lil to no room to pump?

its a gas semi auto, 18 round mag and 3 round per shot, i think (may be wrong though...)

edit: i forgot to say how cool it looks!

great job bud!

Edited by shmook

thanks guys :D .I think if an m3 had a drum ,it would warrant a heatsheild :) . Yes ,I used my original sights. To remove them I just took the front end off to get access to the rear sight screw .And the front sight theres an access through the mag tube. To attach the sights to the sheild .I used a couple of larger counter sunk screws .Drill the holes bigger in the sights ,and just screw them in with a bit of epoxy. Making sure their straight of course. To make it pump correctly . I trimmed the edges of my pump ,and bent the bottom edges of the sheild in a little. Works great :) .I was thinking of maybe getting the smokeys foregrip and pistol grip for it, at some point .So I have a few options ;)

Edited by heroshark