video review A.M.C Aimpoint Micro T-1

Thanks for the review!

This looks like a really neat little sight, but there's just one thing I find odd...

EbayBanned says the windage and elevation are non-adjutable but DragonRed says the windage and elevation are fully adjustable.

So what's the deal here? Did EbayBanned and DragonRed get different versions or what?

EbayBanned says the windage and elevation are non-adjutable but DragonRed says the windage and elevation are fully adjustable.

Perhaps because EbayBanned thinks that the adjustments may or may not work so to cover their *albatross*, they just said, sorry but it's not adjustable.

That reticule is HUGE! :blink: Looks more like a 10 MOA dot than a 4 MOA... which for airsoft is probably ideal. (The RS Micro is supposed to be 4 MOA, but many RS users consider it more like a 3 MOA dot).

It's a good looking replica, and the price is perfect for what it is. Still I can't help but think that with a little more effort they could have made it that much more accurate. All they really had to do would be to fix the following:

(1) Adjustment towers are about 50% too tall.

(2) Aimpoint logo on top should be ghosted, not solid white.

(3) Turn-Direction arrow on the reticule brightness dial is absent.

All of which would have been super simple to fix prior to production. So I'm surprised that after putting all that effort in, they didn't go that little extra mile and get those last few details added. Still, this way I can tell the difference between my RS Aimpoint Micro and everyone else's ACM Micro. :)

Good video appslapp! Thanks for sharing.

Thats what we want to find out. EB's, Gunner's and Rsov's product descriptions only show the low mount and make no mention to the high mount. Dragonred show the high mount and its considerabily more expensive, wich makes sense. And yet appslap gets a high mount.

Just a question... yes, the dot seems to low for comfortable aim, but, isnt the riser a bit too high for precise shooting?

This may be good for civil AUG...

It's not supposed to be perfectly in line with the BUIS. The LaRue High mount is supposed to give you a 1/3 lower co-witness with the irons (i.e. the iron sights line up in the lower 1/3 of the Micro's picture tube). That is intentional. To get a 1:1 co-witness with the Irons you'll have to get the ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) Modular T1 CO Spacer (co-witness Aimpont T1).

Hmm... well, I think I'm gonna have to order one with the Larue riser from Dragon Red for the Remington 870 (maruzen CA870) project I'm working on within the next few days. ^_^

It bugs the heck outta me that the windage and elevation caps are so much bigger than the RS and that the trademarks are the wrong color. But when it comes down to one of these Aimpoint Micro T-1 replicas or a real steel Burris Fastfire red dot (the two sights I've been looking at) I think I'll feel a lot better if a $75 aimpoint replica takes a BB hit and breaks than I would if a $175 Burris red dot takes a BB hit and breaks.

But anyway, yeah, I'll be ordering one from Dragon Red within the next few days (as soon as some money comes in) so I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think of it once it arrives ^_^