Token girl gamer.

PrimalRage

*shakes dust off head*

All right, haven't done this in a while, so here goes.

Firstly congratulations on choosing ArniesAirsoft as the method of your demise. It has been providing quantifiable madness for a decade with thousands of raving members worldwide. Your user number is 57,240 unfortunately this number is not a prime number nor one of the Fibonacci sequence. like so many before you this has placed you in the ever expanding ranks of the disposable infantry. But fear not, even as lubricant for histories meat grinder you may find glory. You already have a leg up on your fellows by posting a welcome thread. If The Badger has learned one thing here it is that a little narcissism can go a long way. Your other advantage comes in the form of your gender, while not the first (and hopefully not the last) you are still one of the few fairer sex who see fit to fight for something greater than themselves. In any respect, welcome.

Now to give you a rundown of what you need to know. Firstly, one speaking is known as The Badger, due to unfortunately underfunded experiments on the additive properties of chimpanzees, 13th century russian literature, and psychotropic drugs he speaks in the third person. The mods are designated by their lack of souls and MOD bars under their names. Try to avoid these guys, most are short tempered and do not put up with long winded rants, especially those posted in the newbie forums. Post numbers don't mean much once you pass 100 so don't assume someone is right simply because they post here more often. On that note, watch out for most of the population out there in the wastes. Most have gone so long without female contact that they have lost the very essence of their humanity. They live now a sad existence trying to gather information to build the most obscure guns or most precise loadouts. These peopl.... monsters know nothing of the decency of modern man and will do their best to corrupt and derail you.

But just as 4chan has its wikipedia, there are honorable men (and one or two laddies) left in this forgotten land. Seek them out, be humble but do not beg. They may be smarter stronger faster and better smelling than your average troll but are still mortal and corruptible. They tend to stick to the technical discussion section and the general discussion. The newbie section is a training ground of sorts, spend some time here looking over the threads, study not only the successful thread but the failures as well.

Remeber these simple premises and you should survive. If you need something, feel free to ask The Badger or any of the other oddballs who patrol this section.

good luck.

Don't worry, only people that stay here long are insane. Though I'm not sure whether they're insane because they've been here so long or have stayed here so long because they're insane...

To add to what The Badger said, understanding everything about Arnies is not necessary or even a good idea. We're mostly a friendly lot, so enjoy your stay.

*sneeze*

Oh, hi. The name's West, from the more sane branch of Wests from Massachusetts. Currently stuck in an unfortunate city where Empire Stalin Building was erected as a "gift of brotherly help". I draw stuff, I write stuff, and what's most important, I know stuff. If there's anyone able to confirm a new Chinese gun as legit or strike it down as fake, I'm one of those select few.

read that back to yourself 5 times and ask yourself if you REALLY believe that.

we all run around dressed up as soliders shooting each other with toy guns, how could any of us be more (or less) weird? :D

Agreed. Though my mates and I were thinking of doing a Left 4 Dead loadout, so depending on how you see it, that could be "more weird" [Read as "awesome"]. Thanks to everyone who's said heya and welcome, and yes, I know all about the wondrous evils of 4chan: been there done that. My GCSE years were interesting. Oh, and about the 'are they insane because they've been here so long or have stayed here so long because they're insane' argument', I'm pretty sure everyone started off insane. I've known Darklite since I was 11, and he was weird back then too. o.0 [lol @ the quoted signature]

Welcome to the end of your finances :D. Enjoy your new chosen sport.

PS, 4chan is evil, stay away from it.

agreed :no:

read that back to yourself 5 times and ask yourself if you REALLY believe that.

we all run around dressed up as soliders shooting each other with toy guns, how could any of us be more (or less) weird? :D

Agreed. No matter or original/epic/cool/perfect our load out is, people on the outside are going to think we are crazy gun nuts military otakus no matter what we say :P

Welcome to Arnies, from the balmy weather of Hotel California, aka People's Republic of California, Kommiefornia, and of course, Cali-stan. Enjoy your stay and don't take things here too seriously or no one will take you seriously. Arniesairsoft.co.uk is a great website, but only in moderation. Do not log in for hours a day, do not log in every day, do not log in during work or school, do not log in when you feel tired, sick, or hungry, as it will amplify any and all health problems or issues. If you have any questions, feel free to ask at our HR Department, which is located in the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Since you call yourself a "token girl gamer", may I ask what kind of games you play?

Cheers,

Romel

Archived