Swordfish kits/ Strike kits by Laylax

Crimson

Swordfish kits/ Strike kits

Those of you who remember the swordfish craze or who don’t know about it sanken, have released some news that laylax will be releasing two kits one for m16s and mp5s. Laylax call them strike kits, but they are similar to the orginal kits released a few years ago.

Price:TBC

Picture:

laylax_strike_kits_2511.jpg

Source: Sanken/Airsoft news eu

they're still going to be 100+ and rare. its only a limited release.

the m4 version is going to be overrun by the Zombat Stryker but the MP5 version will continue to be a rare sight since you also have to have their expencive rail kit to instal it.

I think you use it to break glass. Or someone's forehead.

Nuh-uh. Barrel first with a rifle is not a good way to break things. You're liable to do equal or greater damage to your rifle that way than whatever you're attacking.

In realsteel you put them on pistols to allow it to still fire and cycle when in direct contact with a surface (eg glass, a body or whatever). Its a close protection thing.

On a rifle or SMG, they serve no practical purpose. This is airsoft though, so looking good is an equal to practical purpose.

The original strike for the SR-16 was very tempting, and would look superb if you managed to match it well with your front end, but priced at $130 was very much of an off-putter to me for a lump of fancy alu' to weight your frontend down.

I'd hold up for the price of these before making a purchase of either.

I'm also one of those people who are gutted when the more rarer, overlooked items get re-released or copied into mass-production - Especially if you've already bought one, and it becomes a quarter of the price!!

They're the same company, so I'm not sure what to expect on the new price. Maybe it will just be more modern and realistic :)

I've always wanted me a mp5 swordfish.

Does anyone know if the nitro rail's gonna get rereleased with the kit? Doesn't make much sense if its hard to source

nope, they will continue to be hard to source. but theres always a shop that has them. just got to look around

Yours looked better at UA anyway, H.U.N.K.

Did you get the fire selector sorted? (I was the gangster with tommy gun that lent you the multitool!)

What? Really? You're gunna have to refresh my memory, I honestly cannot remember that scenario.

Here's my question:

Does the strike front for the mp5 fit an mp5k?

Word round the office is it will. It won't be a simple job though, I have a feeling I'm going to have to remove my cocking handle but I really couldn't give a toss about that.

When I get it I'll write a little review about it and what I had to do to fit it.

continuously check uncompany.com, dentrinityshop.com, wgcshop.com, boomarms.com and redwolfairsoft.com. one of those places usually have them.

they have been available for a while. this anouncement is definatly about their re-release since thay havent been produced for a little while.

Has anyone put one on their MP5 yet? Im curious how it looks all finished up and on the gun. :)

I should be receiving mine in a couple days. Monday I imagine. Got a feeling I'm gunna have to snip my cocking handle off.. ~_~

Ooh, 'snip' and 'cock' in the same sentence. Where is Punkypink?

Archived