· 10.5 Metal RAS

· Working Charging Handle

· Metal Hi-Cap Magazine

· QD Stock Extension Sling Mount

· Enhanced Hop Up Unit

· Flip-Up Sight (Front and Rear)

· Full Barrett Trade Mark

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Not new, however, a release date is nice:)

Zombie.jpg

Zombat Stryker

· Metal Outer Barrel

· LE Retractable Stock

· ZOMBAT STRYKER M4 FLASH HIDER

· Metal Hi-Cap Magazine

· Enhanced Hop Up Unit

· Battery Box for battery compartment

· Unique Look

· All Metal Receiver

Additional Pictures: http://www.echo1usa.com/English/

-Vic

What the hell? There isnt a single correct part, 'cept for the body and grip: wrong stock, wrong handguard, wrong barrel, wrong sights, .... and the markings are hideous (as are the real ones). They just took different chinese accesories that have been on the market for quite a tome now, slapped them together and got Barrett to allow them to use their name.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_rec7.aspx#

too late to edit, and only just realised.

what in god's name is a zombat? :blink:

Best not to ask, but... They are spoken of in the Necrowobicon. They lay unliving, unsleeping, in their burrows beneath the Australian continent, waiting for the time when the stars are right, and they can arise... to feed on humanity!

http://kallao.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/wombat.jpg

Don't look at the eyes!

Does anyone recognize the gas block/front sight? Is it a Barret Proprietary piece? That's the only thing I can't source. It looks like a cross between the PWS Piston System and the YHM Front Flip Sight Tower.

I can see Echo1 struggling to source the SIR system and the gas block. But the fact that they couldn't get either the barrel or the stock right is pretty pathetic (especially the stock). I'm not a huge fan of those trademarks... but if you black out some of the lower nomenclature markings, it could be passable.

Hypothetically, you could take Echo1's REC-7, ditch the front end and the stock... replace the stock with a buffer tube + LEO collapsible stock... replace the front end with a A.R.M.S. #58M-CV Mid-length S.I.R. System + a Madbull Dissipator 16 inch Outer Barrel. The only thing that's an uncertainty is the gas block/front sight. I guess I can use a YHM Front Flip Sight Tower for the time being or wait for someone to make a replica of the PWS Piston System...

(I'm going to want one of these:)

REC7.jpg

Barrett Rec 7

· Metal Outer Barrel

· Short Full Stock

· 10.5 Metal RAS

· Metal Hi-Cap Magazine

· QD Stock Extension Sling Mount

· Enhanced Hop Up Unit

· Full Barrett Trade Mark

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Not new, however, a release date is nice:)

Zombie.jpg

Zombat Stryker

· Metal Outer Barrel

· LE Retractable Stock

· ZOMBAT STRYKER M4 FLASH HIDER

· Metal Hi-Cap Magazine

· Enhanced Hop Up Unit

· Battery Box for battery compartment

· Unique Look

· All Metal Receiver

Additional Pictures: http://www.echo1usa.com/English/

-Vic

I am so dissapointed. The REC-7 is merely a remarked M-16. Wrong gas block. They could get away with the wrong RAS and stock, but the lack of gas block/piston is a non-seller. Oh well, at least I can save my money now.

I am so dissapointed. The REC-7 is merely a remarked M-16. Wrong gas block. They could get away with the wrong RAS and stock, but the lack of gas block/piston is a non-seller. Oh well, at least I can save my money now.

Please don't quote pics. And quoting the rest of his post was unnecessary too. It just wastes thread space and is pretty redundant. Unless it really needs to be quoted... just chime in with your thoughts. We all know what the topic is about afterall.

You could probably get this to work and give you a reasonably close facsimile to a REC7

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1153

Good find. That's similar. Had I not seen that the sight folds backwards instead of forwards (like the Hk416), I would have said it was very passable. On the plus side, looking over at Barrett's site and at the REC-7 PDF manual, it appears that the REC-7 can also come with a PWS Piston type system instead of the gas block / front sight combo.

From Barrett's sight:

rec7gasblock1qp1.jpg

rec7gasblock2tk1.jpg

rec7gasblock3as1.jpg

rec7gasblock4mx0.jpg

However... if using the HK416 sight block you kept the sight deployed, I think it'd be good enough to pass for the REC-7.

Yeah, you can definetally make Echo1's REC7 look more like a REC7. No doubt about that one. (Too bad VFC discontinued their M468 kit, as it would greatly help those without it.)

However, it's a plastic body. I wouldn't invest much in it for this reason alone.

Still kinda' want one anyway, though, heh.

-Vic

(Speaking of which, I asked Echo1 for a review sample. They politely turned me down. [My 468 will be miles better, anyway, hehe. XD])

ill continue to stick with G&P, the perfect airsoft company

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Stop it, it hurts! HAAAHAHAHA!

---

Im usually a fan of stubbies but that Zombat is hideous. The fore-end looks so out of place and it doesnt look as if the rails even align.

---

As for the packaging...who cares what the hell the box looks like? It could have pics of doggie poo all over it...its whats inside that I care about.

---

Now I'm going to go laugh some more about the G&P comment.

---

After maybe one more pause.

What the heck is it with the BARRETT on the receiver of the 'REC7'? Its like having a gun with 'UBER TACTICAL MILSIM - THIS GUN GIVES ME A HUGE PENIS' inscribed upon it. A. just saying so doesnt make it true and B. it doesnt give you a bigger penis...it makes you LOOK like penis.

---

Right, more laughing methinx.

:D

vic: i always wanted one but this simply isnt it. its like ordering a 1972 Dodge Charger and getting a 1998 Mustang; cool but definately NOT it.

and guzzi: my G&Ps have been through everything that one could throw at a rifle. mud, rain, snow, sand. theyve been smashed, beaten, thrown, dragged. and they are still STOCK, with no repairs, and shooting 360-380.

all this and their designs are PERFECT SPOT ON ACCURATE.

so... yeah. they own my heart

-Joe

Joe: Yeah, this is very true. It really looks nothing like a REC7, sans the Barrett logos. -_-

MadBull was working on a M468. They had the trademarks down, and were working on the SIR. Apparaently, this didn't happen as planned, so they went with the RA XCR.

Like I said, though, I'll probably pick one up to use as a loaner. I might add a couple things to it, to make it look more REC7-ish (LE stock [or in my case, a Magpul M93], shorter RAS [LaRue replica, perhaps], and a PRI style flip up front sight), but as I said, the plastic body is a huge turn off, when it comes to expensive accessories/modification.

Meh.

-Vic

Archived