VFC AKM Series

ComradeMP1

One thing I am worried about is the underfolding stocks. I was just about to buy a Real Sword T56-1, but someone told me that the stock had quite a bit of up and down play. This really made me sad. xD Considering that the RS series of AK's is quite possibly the most solid, I can't see the VFC's AKM series stock being sturdy either. I guess the sidefolders are the only option as far as a sturdy collapsible stock.

Other than that, they look absolutely stunning. Not even the Inokatsu AKMSUs have an accurate flash hider!

Well, there's the fact that even real AK's have a fair amount of play in the underfolders... I wouldn't worry about it.

I, for one, welcome our new 7.62 overlords.

Oh, is that right? I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it, then. Thanks man!

It's not really about the play in the mechanism, what's more important is the strength of the latching mechanism itself. RS uses hardware comparable to real AK's - or it might be just real Type 56 parts, I can't remember off-hand.

Haven't heard anything about VFC's design, but everything else they've made is rock-solid, so I wouldn't hesitate buying one.

Yup, their CED coating looks like ###### imho. Way too shiny, and looks nothing like the real deal. The LCT might not have the quick dissasembly, but the finish on theirs is much better.

Finish on the LCT looks like blueing which looks like ###### to me.. but each to their own I guess..

Guess what kiddies? What would make the AKM series even better? Hows about a nice VFC GP-30 sound?

the GP30 was only issued '89 onwards. a GP25 on the other hand would be great.

and counterassassin, CED coating is visually closer to RS than bluing. the only LTC gun with a realistic finish was the old inok type 3 AK47 since that was the last RS AK to be blued. everything since has been a sort of satin black, so while the VFC finish may be shinier than the RS its a lot closer than the LTC.

and FYI: VFC seem to have started using a more matte finish now (as seen on their AIMS, AK74M and 105)

Well said plague, i do not believe VFC is using the shiny finish on any of their new rifles. The newer Matte finish that the AK series of guns are coming with is incredibly realistic and quite frankly, durable as all hell. I I simply cannot scratch it through rough use.

Archived