KTW Type 96 LMG

maccrage

do they make any money at all? i cant see anyone actually buying any of their guns other than die hard collectors who would probably rather have a de-act (probably cheaper too)

and yeah support weapon, AEP GB, midcaps i can't see this being used on the field. so why not just get a de-act? it'd arguably be prettier to look at.

Did a very rough measurement and it seems the MP40 gearbox minus the trigger would fit. I calculated the X and the Y axis only. The Z axis (depth) may also be a problem.

However, the RS Type96 gearbox, being the most full size compact gearbox up to date, should fit perfectly.

but come on, KTW arent going to make it skirmishable are they? :P they'll make it woefully underpowered and expensive just to laugh at everyone who actually wants a T96 getting worked up over how poorly it performs and how unaffordable it is.

they spit in the face of logic, they make a nice replica of a sought after rifle (no this, their mosin nagant and i think they did a SMLE too) and think "i know, lets price it so high that no one will buy it!"

While a Japanese MG is cool and all, they could have made a Bren and sold alot more even with craptastic AEP internals. I saw these photos on Airsoft news this morning and the first thing I though was, why arent they using a RS type 97 GB in there. I'm glad Pendra thought the same thing. Too bad the manufacturer didnt ask that as well. :(

What are you guys talking about? OF COURSE ITS AN AWESOME CQB GUN! Aren't you all aware that the Type-96 and Type-99 machine guns are compatible with the infamous japanese 18-inch bayonet? If you manage to stab someone with an LMG, you deserve an award.

BTW I was considering making a custom type-99 out of an AK-47, largely by flipping it upside down and then doing cosmetic work on it. It will probably end up looking like ######, but given how it will probably be 1/10th the price and be more effective in battle, the crappy look probably won't be a deal breaker.

They should have built t type 100... at least they could get away with an aep box then and it'd be quite good for cqb. Otherwise, it's a shame they make such a rare gun and then screw it up with such small insidy bits :(

-Matt

I couldn't agree more, I would drop the money for a type 100 in a heart beat :( I am glad they are making more japanese guns now but an aep gearbox would be dissapointing. It says the PROTOTYPE uses an aep gearbox so there still may be hope :D I just wish some other company would be making it so it would be more affordable :)

even at 2,000 US it is still a third of the cost of a deactivated one. A shooter is 20,000 or more.

If you are doing a WW2 airsoft skirmish you would be required to use standard cap mags anyway so a regular or mid cap is entirely okay.

And once more please don't second guess the prototype. Blast the final product.

If the point is you personally don't like it, please be quiet. If the point is there is a better gun out there, fine, but that gun is simply a bb hose, upgraded gearbox, big battery taped to the outside and a 5,000 round mag. Wow talk about realism. <_< Oh wait, maybe KTW is going for realism in a country that you can't own a real gun. Remember, US and UK are secondary markets to the japanese retailers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived