Upgrading a TM MP7

Pte Mong

i've got one of the above on its way to me but i have no idea about maeg 'boxes...

does anyone know what size the bushes are? are they compatible with aeg bushes?

is the piston head maeg specific?

will an aeg piston head bearing set fit inside the piston? (only if i cant get hold of a bearing spring guide)

what upgrades have people done and with what results?

thanks

Small, No, Yes and No.

The only upgrade parts available as far as I know are;

Spring, piston, cylinder and tightbore.

The axles on the (four) gears are smaller than AEG ones, around 2mm I think, as opposed to 3mm on AEG gears.

There are MP7s that have been taken to around 300fps, but when (not if) they eventually fail, replacement motors and gears are still as good as non-existent.

I have just a tightbore (6.03) on my TM and it puts out around 260fps, plenty for CQB, and with the excellent hop is useable in woodland.

Add an external pouch for a decent capacity 7.2V pack, or go Li-Po, and it's a great little tool.

thanks for the replies dudes.

i'm not looking to make it a monster, just make it a bit more efficient; bearing bushes, tightbore, piston head.

doubt i'll be changin the spring as i want to keep it quiet.

i've already ordered a tightbore and damper piston and cylinder head from firesupport, tho they were out of stock on the bushes and spring guide, anyone know where else might stock them?

thanks

I've lalaxd 2. Lalax do an upgrade kit.

I did all the parts in the kit.

For one I left the original spring.

Both are fine, one is 295fps & the other is 245 with slightly higher rof.

Do a search for details, but the very best upgrade for an MP7 is the 'Flightpower' 'Blade upgrade' 'evolite' 20C, 7.2, 800mah battery. With a bit of fudging this will fit into the original battery compartment & give similar performance to an 8.4v mini.

The inclusion of a fet is a little harder but rof & trigger speed are raised.

Work on aeps is daunting at first, but easy once you get going.

Greg.

There was a thread about replacement motors for the MP7. I seem to remember them figuring out that the mp7 motor is a OEM Graupner Speed 300 or (something like that) with a short spindle.

I'm not sure how hard it was but i think the OP of that thread actually did manage to get another motor in there.

As ever it's hard to tell but my MP7 has been running at 310-315 fps for a few thousand rounds now and there doesn't appear to be any issues apart from the padding on the back of the cylinder head coming off. If my mp7 does break at some point i'll be sure to give a report to the forums :) It might take a while though as these little AEPs aren't really meant to be high volume of fire devices.

if you want it quiet, get the 9 ball silencer adapter and a short stubby suppressor...

I use a really short G&G one on mine and it's almost unaudible from 10 meters :)

Yeah, they are pretty good for that, I have an ss80 on mine & you are right, very quiet.

Greg.

looks like quite a few have taken the tools to their mp7s?

the tightbore i've ordered is the 215mm and i've a short silencer that will cover the excess but hide enough to give some supression.

i'm planning on switching to li-poly's and mosfets in a few months, once xmas is paid for :(

greg:

i've seen the laylax kits, what exactly is in them mate?

greg:

i've seen the laylax kits, what exactly is in them mate?

If memory serves:

Spring, spring guide, piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head & bearings.

The barrel is separate.

I use the softer, rh45 kn hop rubbers.

1500rpm at 245fps ain't bad for an MP7 with internally mounted lipo. Empties the 50rnd pistol mag in 2 seconds! & it fits a thigh rig!

All good.

Greg

Jesus Christ. :mellow:

Not really AEP calibre after them upgrades are they.

It was barely shooting 220fps stock, probably from poor air seals since Marui does 240~250 easy. After the spring upgrade I also sanded down the back side of the hop chamber (had cast lines everywhere) a bit in an effort to improve its seal against the gearbox and it seems to have worked. 265 is plenty for CQB.

There was a thread about replacement motors for the MP7. I seem to remember them figuring out that the mp7 motor is a OEM Graupner Speed 300 or (something like that) with a short spindle...
M-3306 : Graupner Speed 300 6v Motor (for small electric helicopter)

Specification;

Nominal voltage 6 V

Operating voltage range 1,2 ... 6 V

No-load rpm 29000 min1

Current drain at max. efficiency 5 A

Current drain when stalled 28 A

Length of case, excl. shaft 30,8 mm

Diameter 24,4 mm

Free shaft length 7 mm

Shaft diameter 2 mm

I don't think the 6V limit would be a problem.

The case size is spot on but the shaft is 11mm too short, MP7's is 18mm.

Extending the shaft would probably be do-able though...and at only £5.25 I might just get one to look into it :P

I thought Airsoft parts were expensive, some of the other motors are around £80, several are over £100, with one at £280 :o

My MP7 did ~280FPS steady with NineBall extra length 6.03 barrel and NineBall upgrade spring. Without battery upgrade the I shot 300 or so BB in normal weather and around 50 at sub zero temperature with 1 charge. If you want replacemnt parts, just buy an ACM MP7. They are very cheap, compared to the TM version.

There was a thread about replacement motors for the MP7. I seem to remember them figuring out that the mp7 motor is a OEM Graupner Speed 300 or (something like that) with a short spindle.

I'm not sure how hard it was but i think the OP of that thread actually did manage to get another motor in there.

As ever it's hard to tell but my MP7 has been running at 310-315 fps for a few thousand rounds now and there doesn't appear to be any issues apart from the padding on the back of the cylinder head coming off. If my mp7 does break at some point i'll be sure to give a report to the forums :) It might take a while though as these little AEPs aren't really meant to be high volume of fire devices.

Am interested. I always liked the looks of the MP7, but never could justify paying money for such a low FPS and lack of repair parts.

So just to confirm, its this motor, right? The first one?:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/speed300.htm

And as for gears, if they strip, can I use gears from this?

http://pointact.com/prod_BOX-030_515_97.html

I hear that the piston stroke is longer than the AEP pistols, so would that make them incompatible?

Archived