Guarder Shooting glasses

FUmiYAsu

Does anyone here use these glasses with Pescription Lens?

I am going to get a pair of these. So, do I just go into a optician like specsavers and tell them tht I want to get pescription lens for them?

How much would it cost me? Would i be able to get money off if I am under 18? (the NHS stuff)...

thanks

cost me 60quid, for a 1 hour job, in central london.

might be cheaper outside of central metro areas.

as for how they are, i wear them all the time at skirmishes.

it dpepends on how you normally wear your glasses [mine are always a bit out from my face] so it may take some time getting used to these, as they sit very close to your face [for obvious reasons] and are angled slightly.

some people find them too awkward to use [because of the inserts angle] and distorts the vision too much or gives them a headache.

i find that ifi wear them for at least 10-15mins before doing any gaming, then my eyes have gotten used to them and i can play in them as normal.

great for freeing up your vision if you dont want to or cant wear contacts though.

fogging is also less of an issue.

Cost me £90, due to needing a thinner, lighter lens than standard. It was still hopeless. It's not recommended that you put a moderate to strong prescription in such inserts, and the Guarder v3 ones hold the insert VERY close to the eye (every time I blinked, I smudged the inside of the insert lenses). The v2 ones were worse.

After trying about 7 or 8 different sets of lenses in two different styles of Guarders, I decided to try contact lenses for the first time, and the whole experience is MUCH, MUCH better.

Cost me £90, due to needing a thinner, lighter lens than standard.  It was still hopeless.  It's not recommended that you put a moderate to strong prescription in such inserts, and the Guarder v3 ones hold the insert VERY close to the eye (every time I blinked, I smudged the inside of the insert lenses).  The v2 ones were worse. 

After trying about 7 or 8 different sets of lenses in two different styles of Guarders, I decided to try contact lenses for the first time, and the whole experience is MUCH, MUCH better.

How about wearing them atop your normal glasses? I have a pair of Ted Baker Mavericks and I was hoping to do that

cost me 60quid, for a 1 hour job, in central london.

£60 is a bit more than wht i expected.... Has anyone outside London tried?

Got any photo of the glasses from the front and back? It just looks too small.. Does it give you wide enough vision??

Thanks for all the replies..

Can I ask where you got them from?

sure:

20/20 Optical Store

216-217 Tottenham Court Road

London

W1T 7PN

i always used to go there a few years back cos they hired the cutest oriental girls.. *cough*

but i went there for my guarders prescriptions because i worked round the corner and wanted them done quickly, in 1 [or so] hour, on a sunday, hence the 60quid price tag.

£60 is a bit more than wht i expected.... Has anyone outside London tried?

like i said, i wanted them in a hurry and these are central london prices, and i have heard it quoted cheaper elsewhere, but where, i couldnt tell you at this time..

i'll take pics in a mo..

I just found that i should get 39 quid off from NHS as i am in full time education and under 18.... so it should be ok...

I know this sounds stupid but would i be able to use it in any other way? ie. sunglasses for driving...etc...

• 2 months later...
Cost me £90, due to needing a thinner, lighter lens than standard.  It was still hopeless.  It's not recommended that you put a moderate to strong prescription in such inserts, and the Guarder v3 ones hold the insert VERY close to the eye (every time I blinked, I smudged the inside of the insert lenses).  The v2 ones were worse. 

VC did you get those in Brum?

Archived