So "tactical" that it's silly

crunkathon2k

You might notice I'm not commenting much these days, so sorry to come out of the blue, but this thread is intreguing to me.

I just want to make a point to the people who commented that they don't want to damage their gun/gear. Over my years of airsoft experience what I have learned is that if you have two of something, you don't worry so much. Airsoft guns are somewhat simple, and if they break you can usually fix them pretty cheaply. Same with gear. It can be repaired or replaced for a reasonable price. Buy another gun. Buy another rig. Get cheap ones. That way, if you feel the need to cross a muddy trench or half submerge, even completely submerge yourself in water to gain the upper hand, you can always opt for the cheap rig. Ever since I got more than one gun, I have stopped worrying about what happens to my gun. Same thing with gear. Almost anything that happens on the field could be fixed, and if it can't... well, I've got another gun.

Seriously, just get a cheap echo 1 or a JG or something. You'll enjoy the game a lot more when you aren't babying your gun/gear on the field.

Just remember while you're getting used to this new attitude of not caring if it breaks... this only applies to your gun and your gear. Make sure you don't get yourself hurt doing something stupid. Especially if you're in a hard to get to location that might make it tricky to get medical aid to you. It is just a game after all. Don't be affraid of a few scratches and bruises, but be smart about not getting yourself seriously injured. I think the biggest risk is trying to look like that tough guy that can do anything a navy seal can do, and ending up oing to the hospital. That's no fun for anyone, so keep it somewhat safe out there.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're also not all blessed with riches, where we can say "Its no biggy if you break something, just make sure you own two!"

Holy consumerism bro.

Give it time. If you play long enough, you're going to end up with another gun. That's just the way it works. I keep an eye out for deals, and I'm definitely not consumerist. I'm the cheapest person I know. When people at your site are trying to unload a Marui for $50, it's hard to pass on. I'm not talking about "my spare systema". I'm like Scruge McDuck when it comes to spending, and I don't have a lot of spare cash to be throwing around anyway. But the longer you play, the more your gear changes and the more sweet deals you run across. I don't go out and buy a spare vest just because I want to have 2 of everything. I get a new vest because I'm changing my loadout or something didn't work as well for me as I thought, and I just keep the old one as a spare. My newest vest is 4 years old, and I'm just finally thinking about getting another one.

Like I said, it takes time. You'll end up with another gun eventually, and you'll end up with another vest eventually. If that wasn't true, we old-timers would all still be running around with Maruis or even gas powered rifles with external air tanks. When I first started out I could barely afford the BBs for my gun, and there was no way I was going to risk hurting it. I was also less experienced on the field. Now I don't really care too much about my gun, and I go where I have to go to accomplish my objectives. If I was in the same situation as when I was starting out, I'd probably be more careful about damaging my gear too. Just give it a while and you'll see what I mean. Don't just rush out and buy two of everything, that would be silly.

• 3 weeks later...

We don't have many rivers at my site. Though I have crawled though god know what just to grenade a trench. I would not get the bloody thing to go of and the whole thing was pointless but it was fun. I have also wating for 15 minits to ingage a trance port. But I do get bugged by to much gear like a shovel and a back pack that has nothing of any use in it.

No way man, if you arnt pushing for that kill as hard as possible, taking every conceivable advantage no matter how hard or uncomfortable or difficult, they stay at home. or dont, and become another easy target for me.

i am a BB spitting machine, every minute is spent perfecting my guns, gear and battlefield perception, and i carry that determination and agression onto the battlefield.

holy *fruitcage* dude, your post made me put on my game face :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thats it, i gotta come over to a game in the UK when i next get the chance...

Skirmishing in HK can get so boring, its always Team Deathmatch here... I NEED a game with proper planning and objectives!!

Dude I know what you mean. That is exactly like down here in Hawaii.

Two games in a row I moved along the sides of a Vietcong Trail through a small stream. Yeah, I got wet and muddy, and yes I got my gear dirty and a bit scuffed up, and yes I drove home (hour away) soaking wet.

But it was a lot of fun, being able to pick people off when they didn't know where I was. Who expects you to come out of a patch of thick scrub, a small bank and a running stream?

Well, now I get jokes like "Look McArthur! A puddle! Quick, jump in it!"

>_>

ah yeah, the same social rules apply to airsoft game as they apply to everything else:

1. do stuff cos its necessary. = ok.

2. do stuff cos its fun = ok.

3. do stupid stuff cos its fun = usually ok.

4. do stupid stuff to take the ###### = ok.

5. do stuff just to look cool = not cool.

6. do stupid stuff just to look cool = way not cool.

i once dived down a muddy hill to get to a position and provide fire so a friend could move away safely... it was fun, it was messy

OK i got a great example of this.... so were playing teams of 2 and my partner and i are in the middle of some tough terrain and we come up on a small 6 ft hill. So my partner is like "cover me". Were im from i got a clear view over the hill so i stay standing. He jumps on the ground drops his AEG flips on his back pulls out his side arm, does 3 more flops up the hill and peeks over the hill. I could have told him it was still clear but i guess he felt the need to be tactical and get dirty. Ok, from my view its was just silly, BUT MAN we go out to have a good time might as well go ahead and get dirty while were at it ! :D

I usually take the river route on my local, which is muddy, rocky and (shockingly) wet. And if the river route isnt available we are playing hamburger hill trying to get up probably the most difficult hill in airsoft site history, thing is covered in wild garlic and blue bells so its crazily slippery. Add to how steep it is every tree takes your inner Rambo to get too.

Yesterdays game me and another guy snuck along the river until it broke into another muddy ditch, got soaked and everything i had on me ended up covered in mud but between us we must of racked up about 10 kills while the rest of the team retreated. Was a very good position (even if incredibly uncomfortable to hide in), ended up surrounded in the end and was shot to pieces after falling back to a shallower part of the river but was easily worth it :)

Archived