VSR stocks?

Vercingetorix

Hey guys! I am locking to spice up the boring old Marui VSR stock... What I am really looking for is an adjustable butpad, as I'll be using a cheekrest/stock bag(to hide the CO2 reg.) anyway. I've seen the Fotress M24 typish stock, and their audacity in charging $300+ USD for such a bundle of ###### annoys me to say the least, as I expect the stock will have the same cracking problems as the previous stock thy marketed. So what stock, if there is any, would you guys recommend? Or is there a way to make an adjustable stock via DIY that works and looks decent? When I say that I just mean mod the back of the stock so its adjustable just like the M24 stocks....

Thanks guys!

Also, anyone know of any good 7.62 trademarked silencers out there that I can use on this wee beasty?

I'm getting a cabinet maker to make me a custom stock. Short of that, you'll not find much on the retail market. Maybe you could integrate an adjustable cheek pad to the stock, but not sure how it'd look.

Edit: oops, you meant adjustable butt. You can get a smokey' adjustable butt, but it isn't in the M24 style. I think i recall seeing M24 ones though, i can't think where right now..

Yeah, but that too is like $250, completely not worth it... For that price I could just buy a real steel stock, like a real remington, etc stock and mod it to fit.... I am really looking for a more economic solution here... I really love that M24 look, but I will never shell out $350 for that POS offering from Fortress, as its probably made out of that same *suitcase* plastic as the M40A3 one and will probably crakc and have horrible seamlines and finishing, which is absolutely unacceptable for the price IMO....

Anyone know what company makes the R-S M24 stock? Also, for the barrel I think I will go with a PDI Bull base, G type extension and a King arms DC M14 SEI 7.62 silencer, should be light, short and effective+ good looking IMO.

EDIT:

Lol I just found the RS M24 stock, it is made by HS precision and the cheapest model is only $305, cheaper than the REPLICA M24 stock thats made of fail by Fortress... I need to know which type of action the VSR is though, long? Short? what does adjustable length of pull mean?

I had an idea... Although I haven't the cash now, one probably could have Macmillan customize an a4 stock to suit the action of the vsr, and have it be a drop in fit. ON their webpage they say they can customize it for other actions for more money, so maybe they could do the VSR's? If they can, I need to save my pennies....

Why you have to buy one because you could simply make one, as i did. It doesnt cost nearly as much as an after market stocks. Good thing about making one too is that brobably no one owns the same looking gun. Of course you need some skills and tools for making one, but if you have some kind of plans how to make it, it shouldn't be impossible.

Here's a stock that i made. It's made on the original stock of the vsr, so there's no fitting problem.

custom vsr

It took me something like two months to make that thing...

i do believe the VSR is SA. As for who talked about the McMillan stocks; even if you call, they WONT custom make it for the vsr as i have asked. You will need to buy the stock (uninletted i believe) and take out what is needed in order for it to work (which is what i plan on doing in the late future). As for real Remington bolts, not sure if they will fit the VSR, most likely you'll need to mod it since of the cylinders probably aren't the same.

this is all what i believe; though im pretty confident on the McMillan making the stock for the VSR wont happen, as their primary concern are for real rifles not airsoft

That custom job looks a lot like an Erma sr100. Great work! For what its worth, I'd go with Camo89's advice. Unless you can get your hands on a McMillan stock under $200 (right now I'm not seeing one even under $300) there's still the custom bedding to tackle. By manipulating the external aesthetics of the original VSR stock, you don't have to worry about fit, but just to make it look and feel good.

I own (or did untill a few days ago) a McMillan m40a3 stock (yes the real one with all the bells and whistles the marines get) and let me tell you...it will be hard as hell to modify that its so well made.

I have modified a VSR, Tanaka m40a1, and a 2nd VSR, one VSR to look like the m40a3 and 1 to look like the m24. Its much easier to do it that way than buy one of the real deals and do it.

If you truely want an m24 get the CA, those are actual HS stocks and quality is outsanding...internals like all need work but closest to an m24 youll get without buying a real stock.

the M40a3 takes ALOT of work, fiberglass and patience...my tanaka has now been going on a year of work but thats with internals and externals and scope...it has everything down to a custom made DDross scope mount, a custom made Unertl 10x scope and everything else.

If you want to get a cheapre real stock and modify it, it can be done with some dremel work...ive been trying to get my hand son a Bell and Carlson tactical Varmint stock which looks amazing with a VSR thrown in (a guy named Harenil (spelling?) on ASR did thsi) and for roughly $150. If you choose this route make sure the stock is for a Remington 700 BDL SA (short action) and youl be fine.

Umm.... VSR/L96 anyone? :huh:

referencepics127.jpg

referencepics325.jpg

referencepics326.jpg

referencepics327.jpg

As you can see by the different paint schemes, it started life as an upgraded G-Spec and a Warrior 1, now its one of the most comfortable and accurate airsoft rifles I've ever used :D

sooo.. how did you do it?

I'm lookin for doing something just like that

Its reasonably easy, (it only took me about 2 hours to complete as I,m fairly mechanicaly minded ;) ) The only major headache was making a mag catch, I'm unsure how thebauer solved it as it looks like he used a different stock to me, but all I did was fit the hop bracket to the barrel and cut the corresponding section out of the original stock, bolt it all together, jobs a good'un :D

i didnt have a spare plastic stock to butcher either so mine was simply a slide that stoped the mag from dropping out.

Me neither mate, it was a 1 way trip for both stocks, 1 to the bin and 1 to the dizzying heights of being bolted to my VSR :unsure: so it tends to concentrate the mind on making things work when there is no option for going back ;)

Archived