True brit mkII

cadetrichards

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay I got some of my stuff, I got the S95 gloves and modified them to half finger gloves. Alos I got my sansei face mask. Ive also ordered a shemagh, a boot zipper, a water canteen and a webbing belt from www.militarykit.com

I also have an mk6 on the way from www.hoodsuk.co.uk

hopefully the helmet will arrive before my NGI as I will look good in front of the rear admiral with my mk6 :D (im doing a camo & conceilment stand btw so I be able to stick all kinds of branches and leaves in my helmet)

A SCUBA DIVER

Lol jeez, i think its becausei had the collar up (neck shots sting)

But jeez a scuba diver......

I like to keep my kit neat and tidy, i have about 3 full sets of DPM and one is for the bin as its so damn faded from use.

I suppose i better go out and get a more up to date pic now :(

Lol sorry mate i was only joking- no offence was meant. Like you said its the collar that does that, most squaddies fod em down or leave it open.

And the holster gives the skinny legs look. lol

*prepares to be shot in groin*

Lol thats a compliment to me, my legs sure aren't skinny.

Lol i know you were joking, i usually wear my collar down and open, its just when airsofting or going out on exercise i put it up (i dont like putting cam cream on my neck)

Im sure i have a pic somewhere of me wielding the CZ75...... but i cant for the sake of me find it again. I will take some fresh pics when im bored again ^_^

IMGP0491.jpg

This is my attempt at the British Army look, since that pic was taken i have aquired a FAMAS (soon to be SA80) an S10 and a better, much less faded hat.

Oh and cadetrechards, as far as i can see those boots have never been bulled or even broken in.... tut tut tut  :P

I wondered why I keep getting blisters on my heels from running in the assault boot :( How do you bull or break in your boots?

Oikoik- what assault vest do you pwn please mate?

Looks great. Also loving the webtex combat vest there nuclear :D

Break them in by wearing them at any oppurtunity. Bulling is a fine art my son *puts hand on cadetrichards shoulder in a grandad style* its kinda complicated to explain. If you remind me il drop you a pm when ive got more time.

LJ

To break in your boots simply wear them around a lot! don't run or do too much movement, just generally wear them about the house or walking to the shop or whatever.

Bulling boots is a very complicated art, for the dedicated.

Many do it in many different ways. My way is by putting a layer of polish, left to sit for a while, then removed with a brush. This is then followed by a layer of parade gloss onto the area around and onto the toe which is applied using a polishing cloth, you sweep the gloss onto the boot in tiny circles. When this is on both boots then simply rub the toe in circular motion around the area, when you feel resistance, spit a small amount of saliva onto the area and rub lightly in. Repeat the process of applying and reaplying the gloss and shining until a glass like shine is achieved.

Tryed and tested by me many many MANY times ^_^

Oh and the assault vest was an amazing investment, everything is perfect for me apart from the cheap watter bladder that came with it which i promtly replaced wit a better one.

I have a new issue version of the British army assault boots. The wee bugger just will not break in, i have walked in excess of 100 miles in them and done several assault courses and they still haven broken in properly.

No blisters tho, just still a bit stiff in places, the older verion were much better, a quick dander and they were more or less broken in.

put some linseed or other oil on them, then wrap the leg bit around the bottom put someting to keep it in place i.e tape or string then leave them over night occasionally stand on them and punch them

cheers

• 5 months later...
It was about two weeks ago, I am part of the combined cadet force at school and we have a yearly field day at an RAF base. When we signed up for this 2-day adventure we did not think it would be snowing in march but it was and that made it even more challenging. This year we went to Norfolk and as soon as we arrived it was bitterly cold and snow was everywhere. The first exercise we did was to practice our formations while attacking an enemy firing blanks. That was great fun but unfortunately we got absolutely soaked due to diving in the snow, we did this until lunch. At lunch we had too cook our own food using a hexamine cooker and army rations packs. It was not exactly 5 star dining but you had to keep warm and meant eating plenty of rations. We did a few more exercises and training until about 5'o' clock. Then came the major exercise, this was how we could practice what we had learnt. In this exercise we had to defend the barracks we were staying in, using SA80 rifles with blanks. The people attacking us were the CCF six formers also with the same weapon. As we did not want too be attacked by surprise we decided to have sentries all a round the building. I volunteered to be sentry first as I found it exciting and partly because then I could get the job out of the way and have a good nights sleep. After my half an hour sentry duty was over nothing had happened so I went upstairs to get some sleep but then the sentry downstairs screamed "STAND TO!!!!"(This is what you say when you see the enemy) and the next thing i heard was gunshots.

Had the same thing happen to my little brother...except he was in the middle of the woods and had flares bombarding on him when he had to bug out...and he went on sentry duty for 2 hours (1hr at a time, at 2200 and 0200).

(little brother speaking)

Anyway, don't get a kevlar helmet...they're really annoying if you get in small areas, e.g. urban terrain. And get a flash and a cap badge. Otherwise...good job

Umm i dunno if its been mentioned before because i didnt read the whole thread but the guy above mentioned cap badges and i noticed your wearing a beret that is not black.. i have a big thing about people wearing stuff they havnt earnt.. mainly that they shouldnt do it <_< Umm i dunno what else to say really

Umm i dunno if its been mentioned before because i didnt read the whole thread but the guy above mentioned cap badges and i noticed your wearing a beret that is not black.. i have a big thing about people wearing stuff they havnt earnt.. mainly that they shouldnt do it  <_<  Umm i dunno what else to say really

I earnt that.

I am attached to the Royal Anglicans who use olive berets with a starred badge ;)

I also don't like people who parade stuff they havent earnt but I allways confirm with them first ;)

edit: sorry for all the winking, I am in a pretty bad mood at the moment :P

Archived