Looks like Madbull released their Heavy BB's

MagnumBB

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Madbull's BBs have the same tolerances as their barrels, I for-see problems :P I wouldn't can your BB project just yet. Everyone states the same tight tolerances for their BBs. How many deliver? Very few. I'll be awaiting these Madbull BBs for sure. Not got high hopes though.

Laber53023.1415968th: Redwolf claim to be Madbull official distributors for the UK. They'll be the first to have them in stock I expect. As with everything else...

Yeah, please keep up the production... Even if the madbull are as good as yours I'd still buy yours for the simple reason that A) supporting good fellow americans B) yours will certainly be less likely to have a lemon batch/better QC C) if something does go wrong its much easier to speak with someone in the same country as you. But Madbulls most certainly won't be as good as something like what you would probably make, and there is still quite a decent market for your bbs out there, so please keep up the production!

Looks like I'll be slowing my research down.

in a few weeks, If these are field worthy based on reviews, I guess I'll stop my bb project and focus on other things...

If they turn out to be turd, we'll see where I'll go.

Blimey, that's hardly a competitive attitude, is it?

Did you think you were going to have a monopoly in this market?

You should be glad that there is a well known manufacturer drawing attention to this part of the market.

Irrespective of how the MB product turns out, you should be aware that if you get a good product, it is always good to have alternatives in a market sector.

Please don't give up just because the mighty madbull are attempting to exploit, the niche you sought to fill.

Greg.

When the time comes, I plan to setup a distributor in the UK.

Cost will hover around the price of ~20USD per 500. Very close to SGM's

Considering what I am asking of my manufacture, this has been a very stressful project on myself and the hired team. Apparently the specs asked for exceed many industrial specifications and designing a process for quality control has proved to be very frustrating.

when my original specification of .001mm was asked, engineers quoted me close to 25 cents a bb. Not even NASA engineers ask for such high tolerances. When it was then brought to .01mm, .0003th of an inch is even boarder-line aerospace quality.

Separate processes for weight, spherical symmetry, and diameter are tough to design into a fluid QC system as well.

^_^

I'll keep at it.

Thanks for your voices everyone,

I'll continue and try to get demo bags out by the end of the month.

After doing some research, I may stay with the tan bb's, or try to get then a slight shade of blue.

Good man.

Having used the GnG? .25's in blue, I can see the logic in 'going blue'. Not sure about tan though?

Greg.

Maybe, Mag is offering both visible & invisible options. There is a market for both (I personally prefer to see my bb's).

Price is not a problem. I am happy to pay sgm's price for sgm's quality. ;)

However, if I can get sgms on the cheap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Greg.

Maybe, Mag is offering both visible & invisible options. There is a market for both (I personally prefer to see my bb's).

I would like to have bb's i can see but are not as visible as the white one's(like a light green or light tan color). I was in a skirmish once and i unloded 10 rounds at one guy, only to later be told that he saw the white bb(not me) coming at him and ducked or moved out of the way.

=Update=

I am a little annoyed with the people I have developing the bb's. We've pretty much done a full circle and we are back to black bb. With the material we are using, they say it is the best possible way to hold the exacting specifications I want.

I am talking with a compression mold company now to see if what I am asking for in white is possible.

If i had known it would come back to black, I'd OK'd production months ago....

...Sigh...

I'll update you guys more when I get news.

=Edit=

WHOO HOO! A Previous contact has been able to dissect what I need. Looks like there might be hope for a white bb after all. I'll keep you guys informed.

Hopefully it'll end up costing as planned as well. I'm trying my best to keep it close to 20 dollars for a bag of 500. But that will all depend on the cost of the raw materials. The max I would let it increase to is $25

my offer in the Pm will stand if you want to discuss it,

sounds good this project does,

What will the consistancies of the internals be like, dont want to find that the surface is perfect and the internals have small air pockets resulting it them spinning off centre and flying the wrong way or not perfectly straight

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Archived