Next MagnumBB Project

MagnumBB

So, this is the project that has been currently been in the works.

Its a pretty rugged setup, trigger, sear, hammer and a sliding bolt assembly.

FPS will be determined by input pressure,

ala tank (green gas/ propane)

or

an eternally adjustable co2 setup ( Cold shot/HPA/classic)

The kit will be direct plug and play. Allows you to use pre-existing hop up rubbers, nubs, barrels and magazines.

Trigger pull will be on par with an mk23.

We are working on finding out the threads to allow interchangeability with commonly available hi-flow valves.

Using stock valves, we gotten ~400 fps with green gas.

So, my questions to you...

What are your thought?

Concerns?

Questions?

Input?

I hope to have a demo ready prototype up by spring of '09

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am interested, however the last NBB rifle I had (VFC M82A1) left much to be desired. Don't make the same mistakes they did...

Hmm, the m82 was fun while I had it,

I couldn't hit anything, but people sure were scared of me :D

This system will be much better than the m82.

also, the fact that users can swap barrels, hop ups and nubs, as well as control output pressure ( if used with a Cold Shot system) will give them a much better edge over the m82.

Sure, I could drop this into a m82 shell as well, but I'd rather not get sued :D

How about a co2 drop in gas bolt for VSR's? (or even could you fit a 12gm capsule in a VSR bolt?)

The gas bolts available for the VSR series dont seem to be very well thought of, due to inconsistancy, but one purpose built for CO2 might be better...

Trigger pull will be on par with an mk23

will you be able to reduce the trigger pull by "cocking" the action or by pulling the trigger to "halfway" like on the MK23?

Jim

The gas bolts available for the VSR series dont seem to be very well thought of, due to inconsistancy, but one purpose built for CO2 might be better...

"Might be better" means it will be still less consistant (fps) than a spring VSR... HPA or nothing.

"Might be better" means it will be still less consistant (fps) than a spring VSR... HPA or nothing.

Hmmm as one considering a CO2(using magnum coldshot) VSR build, I have decided to go ahead with the undertaking because I have got proof from Chownsy and his 500 FPS CO2 vsr(though he uses the palmers reg) and h has told me that it is very consistent with CO2, so I dunno how that factors in.

Also Magnum, could you make it so the air hose would be completely internal and one could fit the regulator and all in the stock cavity of the AS m14s? That would be extremely cool for one, and would save the hose getting snagged, etc... Also, since there is no huge GB, could the Troy MCS possibly be used?

THanks!

Hmmm as one considering a CO2(using magnum coldshot) VSR build, I have decided to go ahead with the undertaking because I have got proof from Chownsy and his 500 FPS CO2 vsr(though he uses the palmers reg) and h has told me that it is very consistent with CO2, so I dunno how that factors in.

Also Magnum, could you make it so the air hose would be completely internal and one could fit the regulator and all in the stock cavity of the AS m14s? That would be extremely cool for one, and would save the hose getting snagged, etc... Also, since there is no huge GB, could the Troy MCS possibly be used?

THanks!

A big 8+oz c02 + palmers setup isn't the same as a c02 bulb setup, bulbs are notoriously bad due to not containing enough liquid to give consistent pressure/fps.

A big 8+oz c02 + palmers setup isn't the same as a c02 bulb setup, bulbs are notoriously bad due to not containing enough liquid to give consistent pressure/fps.

I see.... Its rifle mounted, his palmers rig that is, and I had though it used CO2 bulbs... I am undecided as to whether to go with the palmers or the Magnum bb atm, but when I make the gun, I'll definitely post up a reviewish sorta thing to debunk any myths....

vercingetorix i own the same rig chownsy has, i helped him choose the parts, as maverick here helped me. it's the same rig maverick hason his gas SP m40, it is very good, and it's very consistent and compact(although the cold shot is smaller) i don't currently use it as co2 bulbs here in venezuela are way to expensive(3 - 4$) each.

the total when i bought the rig came to about 125$.

to be honest, magnum bb's rig costs just 15$ more, has 2 regs and comes already asembled so IMHO i'd get the cold shot.

vercingetorix i own the same rig chownsy has, i helped him choose the parts, as maverick here helped me. it's the same rig maverick hason his gas SP m40, it is very good, and it's very consistent and compact(although the cold shot is smaller) i don't currently use it as co2 bulbs here in venezuela are way to expensive(3 - 4$) each.

the total when i bought the rig came to about 125$.

to be honest, magnum bb's rig costs just 15$ more, has 2 regs and comes already asembled so IMHO i'd get the cold shot.

First off, can a mod possibly split this CO2 talk into another thread? I kinda feel bad about this off-topicness

Thanks for the help man! Might I ask how consistent yours is? Are the claims that chownsy reported true? Or close to true? Is it as consistent or more consistent then the magnum bb one? The only real reason I like it is that you can store it right next to the scope, eliminating the need for it to be hidden in a stock mag pouch or something with a looong hose that can be unseemly, uncomfortable and possibly get caught on all manner of things...

Thanks again!

When talking about good/bad consistency, please post numbers.

Well tuned and maintained VSRs have 0-2 fps shot-to-shot consistency with high-quality BBs.

Regulated CO2 is not exactly the best medium to replicate that - see cooldown, regulator creep, pressure spikes, lubricants added to some CO2 containers, enviromental temperature vs CO2, position of CO2 container, etc.)

When talking about good/bad consistency, please post numbers.

Well tuned and maintained VSRs have 0-2 fps shot-to-shot consistency with high-quality BBs.

Regulated CO2 is not exactly the best medium to replicate that - see cooldown, regulator creep, pressure spikes, lubricants added to some CO2 containers, enviromental temperature vs CO2, position of CO2 container, etc.)

What about compressed air?

you're right vercingetorix... we should get back o topic or at least not contribute anymore to this off topicness... but to answer your question mine was breifly mounted on my tanaka AICS and i was getting +-10 fps variation but that was without proper tweeking so i'm sure you could get to a stable 7 o 5 fps variation.

Sorry magnumbb about getting off topic... it won't happen again.... although i must say i'm very interested about this project of yours...

Archived