Next MagnumBB Project

MagnumBB

Thanks for the clarification :).

Sounds cool for DMRs etc. Can I ask a really, I don't know, obvious/n00by question? What makes this better than a well tuned AEG for a DMR?

Though the ROF sounds awesome, again, with no recoil how is it better than a simlarly tuned high ROF AEG?

You say the felt sensation is negligible, would you say it was comparable to the shaking of an AEG gearbox whilst firing?

With this disconnect business, is a fire selector possible? Or is it one or the other?

I agree with greg, an AR-15 (AR15? AR-15?) would be lost amongst the millions of others. I vote either M14, or an SVD would be really cool!

Stu.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote M14. How much are these gonna run because if its around 400 I might be able to buy one in 3 weeks with kitchen clearance of course. ;)

Svd would be cool but what would you drop it into??? I wouldnt want to buy a 500$ RS SVD and then but a gas kit for it. You know?

Anyway I say M14 because they have the m4 gbbs like WE, WA, and ACM now. I even think that you could make one of those m4s into an m16.

Gordon

Thanks for the clarification :).

Sounds cool for DMRs etc. Can I ask a really, I don't know, obvious/n00by question? What makes this better than a well tuned AEG for a DMR?

Stu.

How much would you normally spend to get an AEG shooting 450 + FPS reliably? ( Gears, Gearbox, Bushings, springs, Mosfet and ETC) and having it work with confidence that the setup will not break?

in this system, the Piston is the only moving part. Piston will load the bb, once it reaches the release port, the bb will be fired, the valve bar disconnected and the system will cycle over again.

Less parts to break, pretty much 0 trigger delay, parts that can fail are O-rings and hopefully, consistency can be fine tuned depending on your input source.

Of course this is subjective until I have a final model ready.

I would suggest to start a poll to see on which type of mechbox to make. Personally I would want one as a V.2 so I could replace the Madbull 470 that will be in my WA2000 like I talked about in the PM I sent you. (Which I assume is the one your talking about on why you brought this back up :P ) When I still owned my AtoZ SVD I would of gone for that, but because I sold it to fund my G&G Veteran M14 I now lean back to the V.2

The A&K SVD is also coming out next month, it's a clone of the AtoZ and in the UK they'll be selling for about £90 (about $150). I'd personally vote for the SVD, there's a huge number of people that want reliable, accurate semi-auto SVDs and this would be a very cost effective way of achieving that.

There's clearly a growing market for the SVD as 3 manufacturers have released SVD Models in the past month.

The A&K SVD is also coming out next month, it's a clone of the AtoZ and in the UK they'll be selling for about £90 (about $150). I'd personally vote for the SVD, there's a huge number of people that want reliable, accurate semi-auto SVDs and this would be a very cost effective way of achieving that.

There's clearly a growing market for the SVD as 3 manufacturers have released SVD Models in the past month.

With the upcoming release from A&K, this would be a prime platform to base a NBB system on, adding Semi-auto capabilities to a gun that rightfully deserves such capability.

Oh yea, I know, where were you about to get a price quote? any news of an ETA?

I will try to see which platform to try based on all 3. I am going to focus on the setup which will operate the most reliably.

How much would you normally spend to get an AEG shooting 450 + FPS reliably? ( Gears, Gearbox, Bushings, springs, Mosfet and ETC) and having it work with confidence that the setup will not break?

No such animal. Unless you factor in monthly routine maintenance. If you want your kit to compare with that price, you're going to have to rent it to us. :D

In all seriousness, I came across this thread because this is exactly what I'm looking for. A gas-through-gun semi-auto rifle, 500-550 fps, that accepts standard AEG mags.

As for what platform to build on, I think it comes down to hopup. If you're going to use the hopup system already in the gun, then I hope you use the M14. I don't want the most amazing semi gas system wasted on less than the most amazing hopup. Since this seems to be intended for the sniper/DMR market, I hope downrange consistency is your primary design goal.

If, instead, you think you may find some way of adapting a VSR-style hopup to the system to replace the AEG hopup, then I'd vastly prefer the smaller, lighter, handier AR15 platform with its sea of aftermarket support.

I personally have an M14 and would be glad to just swap in the "gasbox". Once your done though, I'd be willing to buy a new AR if it's going to be just as or more accurate than what I've got.

Glad to hear you're still working on this! I'm a fan of your projects so far. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I say m14. Theres already M4s and M16s with GBB, whats gonna make a M4/16 drop in kit with NBB that requires a base gun to complete it appeal more than a completed gun that has GBB?

Plus I'm in the midst of planning a rifle project, still trying to decide between Vsr-10/Bar-10, M14, and M700. But if there was a NBB m14 kit, I know a m14 NBB with cold shot would be a definite.

I've decided to go the v2 gearbox route for now, because of the trigger dynamics, it will be easier to make.

My plans for the m14 require the use of the existing cylinder head to allow for proper loading so I'd have to design around that.

My proof of concept model will be ready in a month or so. (v2)

As far as which GB for the m14, I will use the Tm/clone GB as a base. Why? its what I have on hand atm and funds in general are lacking. for the most part, the clone/TM ones share a similar base, enough that a drop in cylinder and trigger mech will require minimal work. they also share the largest form of aftermarket support....

But I won't rule out doing a separate run for ca/gg gb's

I have abandoned my latest NBB design and decided to keep to auto only for my CQB guns. After testing, adding timing and a moving piston gave too wide a fps range to be used as a sniper platform. its quick cycle does make it a desirable cqb platform though.... but I digress

All in all, since I can probably fund only so many of these kits, maybe 50 or so at a time, this will be interesting. I plan on purchasing cheap Dboys/JG/A&K/ETC gearboxes and doing the needed mods to have the kit work.

Final fitting would be needed since i would have to have each loading nozzle fitted by hand for the appropriate gun.

Archived