Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Punky..

Please Do make a review or sorts, All I want to buy is this gun and One other AEG out there.. Haha

But yeah, Someone please make a reiew.. I am dieing here.. /sarcasm

Ok lets do a simple review of it

Appearance:

The gun looks great sitting inside the box. The plastic bits are either matte black and professional looking, or rubberised matte grey. The metal parts are also matte black, and from just about every angle the gun looks pretty close to the real thing except for where the ejection port and the bolt handle ought to be. Then again, the same problem exists on the plastic TM 3 shot shotties so really, if you liked that, there's no grounds for complains here.

Build Quality:

Out of the box, the cool smooth feel of the metal barrel I grabbed when removing it from the styrofoam, lent it an air of quality. The grey rubberised plastic foregrip, pistol grip and cheek rest on the extending buttstock further adds to it's quality feel. It feels a tad light, but still has a good weight, and feels very solid indeed. Feels like you could take a swing at someone's skull in a game without worries of it breaking although I would not recommend that. :P The pump action feels crisp, if a tad stiff, but once again, thats the same as the TM shotties which this is based upon. I know some here are worried that the plastic body and parts on this gun would let the feel down, but hey, the TM is plastic too and feels fine. What I CAN say for this gun is that it feels GREAT and the plastic in no way detracts from its fantastic feel and looks.

I skirmished with it as soon as I'd gotten it, and it stood up to it's trial by fire well. Nothing fell apart, nothing broke, the metal barrel and the lug over the lower tube both stood up well to getting scraped against rough tunnel walls. The only creaky part is the foregrip when squeezed, no creaking on the pistol grip or butt stock. A minor niggle really. Moving onto the tactical extendable stock: When extended it rattles so very slightly, but feels solid to the point it seems capable of acting as a crutch if you ever need an improvised one. The front and rear sights are plastic, and the front sight seems SIGHTLY off-center, but again thats a very minor niggle and I just am anal-retentive when it comes to things being perfectly aligned, I doubt most people would even notice it, and I have no evidence to say if it's a one-off or a common problem on all DE shotties.

Performance:

It seems to slightly overhop on .20 BBs, although it certainly had the reach that most AEGs had within a CQB environment. Pretty accurate, for although it fired a bit higher due to the overhop, it was still dead center(left-right wise) and I had someone come up to me saying how surprised he was at the shotty's accuracy after I'd gotten him with a long range aimed shot. Then again I myself been on the receiving end of another DE shotty before I bought mine and know these things are pretty dead on. It doesn't jam, no problems at all, the simple mechanism ensures a smooth easy operation. In a situation where you need mass amounts of fire at close range, it can be a bit tricky to play with a spring shotty like this, but then at close ranges I tend to draw my USP anyway. FPS-wise chronoed at 210, but we fired 3 shots when chronoing, not sure if that confused the chrono, and we only chronoed it once so I can't draw any conclusions. Supposedly out of the box these things should be doing 300 fps.

The spring cocking also makes for tired arms in a long game, and long usage might result in people thinking you're a lefty wan.. i mean er, tennis player. I did actually strain something in my left arm after I got home and continued cocking the gun because I loved how it felt when the foregrip slid back n forth. It's been over 2 weeks now and it still aches when I exert my left arm >.<. The spring cocking mechanism is a tiny stroke of genius. Since the XM1014 is meant to be semi auto, and the foregrip comes right up to the body unlike on a M3. What DE's done is to manufacture the foregrip so that it slides back and over the main body when pumped. Anyone finding this "unrealistic" probably shouldn't be looking at an airsoft springer XM1014(its meant to be semi-auto afterall!) to begin with, and stick to the M3. The other thing is that the cocking mechanism prevents you from cycling the pump action again once u've cocked the gun.

Conclusion:

Value for Money? Most certainly! 45 quid from a UK retailer, or 19.99 from most HK retailers like RSOV, although with shipping from HK it comes close to 40 quid anyway, pick it up from a site shop if you can, but remember to bring a massive bag! 45 quid(cheaper for the M3 models) for a quality shotgun is very very worth it. With the stock fully extended this thing is just over a metre long. A lot of gun for 45 quid I must say. Endless joy, and even if you don't use it for skirmishing, its a very satisfying plinker. Especially if you do what I did: zip tie a shell holider onto the stock, load 3 BBs into each shell, and then practice firing, ejecting the empty shell, loading a new shell, cocking and firing again. It's great fun! Overall I'd most certainly introduce this shotty to anyone who's looking to get their 1st shotty.

Edited by Punkypink

Sorry about that, it's the elfin knights, an airsoft model that fires tanaka shotshells which are precharged and hold 2-3 bbs, the fill valve is on the back of the tanaka shell where the primer would be, instead of a firing pin its just a nub that sticks out and pushes the area around the fill valve which releases all the gas into the shell(requires a special loading key so you can charge it with gas without purging it as soon as the nipple finds the valve) when you pull the trigger

The eflin has no barrel. BBs and gas discharge directly from the tanaka shotshell into the air in an impressive plume of gas but less impressive bb plume with no barrel it barely punches through paper from 2 feet and often the bbs bounce back at you. It's uncomfortable to hold and the trigger pull is pretty hard since there is no hammer the gas in shell is discharged based on your trigger pull(slightly less using duster, to slow of a pull results in a purge because the gas is released slowly and there isn't enough pressure to push the BBs forward so the gas shoots back at you) and I thought I was going to break the thing to fire it the first few times until I got reassurance I wasn't going to from the last owner but the whole thing acts like a puny airsoft grenade launcher and I will be making a grip extender that uses the lanyard loop with a pin to secure it and a 1.3 inch barrel from a 8mm copper pipe with 1.8 plastic pipe for an outter barrel so it should remain fairly pocket friendly and get a major proformance boost over having no barrel ^_^

The 42 red 12ga shells are gameloads from one of my own shotguns, they fit inside but cannot be fired, I thought they seemed more impressive on the counter than the 7 ugly green tanaka ones. I think this model is based off a 12ga flare gun though

Skirmish wise, the bang rule has a more effective range but elfin knights is alot of fun to use.

And I'm pretty sure it is discontinued, I think all the elfin knights' models are limited runs but it's likely they just move on to the next models so they only make a few model types at a time rather that continuously producing new and old models which would cost alot of money, time and take up alot more space for a small custom maker but like some others they may restart production on older models during a lull in new models.

Sorry about that, it's the elfin knights, an airsoft model that fires tanaka shotshells which are precharged and hold 2-3 bbs, the fill valve is on the back of the tanaka shell where the primer would be, instead of a firing pin its just a nub that sticks out and pushes the area around the fill valve which releases all the gas into the shell(requires a special loading key so you can charge it with gas without purging it as soon as the nipple finds the valve) when you pull the trigger

The eflin has no barrel. BBs and gas discharge directly from the tanaka shotshell into the air in an impressive plume of gas but less impressive bb plume with no barrel it barely punches through paper from 2 feet and often the bbs bounce back at you. It's uncomfortable to hold and the trigger pull is pretty hard since there is no hammer the gas in shell is discharged based on your trigger pull(slightly less using duster, to slow of a pull results in a purge because the gas is released slowly and there isn't enough pressure to push the BBs forward so the gas shoots back at you) and I thought I was going to break the thing to fire it the first few times until I got reassurance I wasn't going to from the last owner but the whole thing acts like a puny airsoft grenade launcher and I will be making a grip extender that uses the lanyard loop with a pin to secure it and a 1.3 inch barrel from a 8mm copper pipe with 1.8 plastic pipe for an outter barrel so it should remain fairly pocket friendly and get a major proformance boost over having no barrel ^_^

The 42 red 12ga shells are gameloads from one of my own shotguns, they fit inside but cannot be fired, I thought they seemed more impressive on the counter than the 7 ugly green tanaka ones. I think this model is based off a 12ga flare gun though

Skirmish wise, the bang rule has a more effective range but elfin knights is alot of fun to use.

And I'm pretty sure it is discontinued, I think all the elfin knights' models are limited runs but it's likely they just move on to the next models so they only make a few model types at a time rather that continuously producing new and old models which would cost alot of money, time and take up alot more space for a small custom maker but like some others they may restart production on older models during a lull in new models.

Would it take the airsoft surgeon rounds aswel, like the buckshot, slugshot and magnum rounds?

Yes, if they can fire out of the little hole in the front of the elfin's "barrel". So long as it's a tanaka based shell and the right size it will work.

Fired at 5 sheets of old computer paper(the wide kind with green lines that was used in the old slow, screeching printers) from 10feet away, 5 shells total of 13bbs(2 shells only hold 2 bb) and I had 2 total hits ^_^ firing 3 bbs from 1 shell grants a silly ring of 3 bbs about 4-5feet apart from each other and I was seeing bbs go about 15 feet and that would be pushing it.

Hopefully thursday I'll find an hour or two to make the grip and barrel for it and then when I get more time make my own guns for these.

I don't think I posted this in the last shotgun thread o.O Anywho, Anteater, you thinking something like this for the grip?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w281/dj...ns/PICT0384.jpg

:zorro:

Yes but I was just going to do it from wood( 'cause that's what I got)

Now your's just needs another inch sticking out the front for the barrel and a poisonously purple paint job!

• 2 weeks later...