Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

sorry to ask, but which of the M1014 shotguns is tri-shot? DE or TSD?

anyone got a review?

-Joe

The DE is as of right now TSD has a single shot super 90 with the M1014 stock, but in their catalog they had a tri shot M1014 so my guess is theyre eventually going to rebrand the M1014.

How was that done? Looks nice, though not liking the electrical tape.

Is it any more difficult to pump with that stock? It looks like it might be a little harder to grip.

I'd imagine removing material from the inside of the 870 stock until it fit, given that's how other people have done it. Tape is probably due to how lame the ABS is :(

Personally I find it easier to cock with that style stock.

:zorro:

long enough for a fair few orgasm? XD

The hunt is on to find a long hex key for my shotty. no doubt a fair few DE XM1014 owners are now looking for the same thing.

What do you need a long allen key for?

I have a screwdriver with a ¼inch socket driver on the end.

I have a six inch long ¼inch socket extension and on the end of that I have a load of hex drivers in different sizes.

If you see me at the 'werks or the academy I can let you use it.

Anyway, to get back on topic.

Here we have:

An M1100 with a barrel extension and the zeke kit and a home made hardened piston head, 40 shells for that on a blackhawk bandolier.

A new (to me) chinese clone of a Marui Super 90, a bit blue but I will paint that when I can be bothered, I plan to eventually make it gas powered semi automatic.

And a Tanaka M870 that I have bodged together.

I got Titleist's broken M870 that snapped as he tried to stop the barrel wobbling.

I originally got it as spares but my 870 started to crack on the barrel block too so I thought I'd have a look to see what could be done.

I got a piece of box section steel, cut it down and epoxied it to the barrel, filled the piece of the steel above the receiver with more epoxy.

Then drilled through the receiver and the box section steel and recessed some bolts into the inside of the receiver.

I bolted the whole shebang together and polished the inside to make the action nice and smooth.

Now, despite the fact that the lower front section of the receiver is missing the gun is now even stronger than it was when it was new.

It looks a bit rough but the bolts mean a nice place to mount a shamepoint and it works fine.

I have a set of scattergun technologies side sling mounts, a speedfeed stock that has been cut down by an inch, an ATI stock shell holder and a vang comp big safety on it too, it is a very nice gun.

The next thing I am going to do is turn down an inner barrel to make it work with the buckshot shells and get rid of the normal type shells.

This is a practice, now that I have worked out what is required I can use the immaculate parts from the green 18" scattergun I have to make a more accomplished version.

Bring on the trumpets pictures!

Allshotguns.jpg

Tactical.jpg

You like?

An M1100 with a barrel extension and the zeke kit and a home made hardened piston head, 40 shells for that on a blackhawk bandolier.

You like?

i like!

what did you use to make your piston head for your M1100? thought i had a lot of shells at 36 :o

also, can i have the zeke kit off it?

go on... :D

cheers,

shmook

I would just prefer something with no stock at all. I think it would be lighter and easier to carry. Are there any real drawbacks to using a spring shotgun? I've used a TM SPAS12 springer a couple times and it wasn't all that bad. However, I really don't like the look of the SPAS and would prefer something like the 870 or 1100.

I'm going to say it once, stay away from the incredible snapping Tanaka's too. I've had one now that I paid about 300 for thats completely unusable due to the fact that it snapped, and then the guts got lost on me....

I'm sticking with this....I got this from a guy in Switzerland I believe, he was in WNY on buisness, looked up our little scene here and bought this UTG TM clone just for the one skirm he was going to be at....looked at me at the end of the day and said,

"hey, I don't want to take this back, take care of it for me huh?" and bango, instant airsoft keep sake..

I sold it to my room-mate, and well, as that sort of thing goes, it's gotten back to my hands, and I'm very very happy about that....always sell gear you don't really want to get rid of to a room-mate, it's easier to get it back....

geardo103.jpg

I'll never buy another Tanaka product, and I'll never use anything but UTG TM clones as skirmishable airsoft shotties....

i like!

what did you use to make your piston head for your M1100? thought i had a lot of shells at 36 :o

also, can i have the zeke kit off it?

go on... :D

cheers,

shmook

Turned down a TM compatible Nine Ball Dyna piston head in my lathe.

And

From my cold, dead, hand.

I'm going to say it once, stay away from the incredible snapping Tanaka's too. I've had one now that I paid about 300 for thats completely unusable due to the fact that it snapped, and then the guts got lost on me....

I'll never buy another Tanaka product, and I'll never use anything but UTG TM clones as skirmishable airsoft shotties....

You know though, that having done the work to the Tanaka, it is now bloody marvelous. A million times better than any other shotgun out there.

Skirmish wise, I always think of the tri-shot shotguns as the ultimate backup/occasional skirmish gun.

The Tanaka has a few failings but with the buckshot rounds it will be close to perfect.

The Tanaka Browning MKIII I had needed a lot of work but it is good now and their revolvers are a paragon of the airsoft skirmishable revolver.

If you have the skills and you put in the time Tanaka are great, that is what I like.

I find fixing the mistakes of others rewarding.

I'd imagine removing material from the inside of the 870 stock until it fit, given that's how other people have done it. Tape is probably due to how lame the ABS is :(

Personally I find it easier to cock with that style stock.

:zorro:

Yep, the stock is an 870, cut out the inside and fill with epoxy resin before sticking together. The tape was originally to hold the joint while it dried but now I kind off like it there - it merges the thickness' of the body and the stock together nicely.

And its harder to pump in the shoulder - but moving it out of shoulder it becomes much easier, and looks cooler that way!

EDIT: and no there not BB dents, I have no idea what they are...

Edited by Lewis_Hodgson

Alrighty, so I finally got around to building the Maruzen CA870 setup I've been pondering for a few years now and I'm currently in the "ordering all the parts" stage.

I could really use some advice regarding fitting a real steel stock though. I'm using a CA870 Sawed Off as the base gun and I want to fit a ATI pistol grip full stock to it. What I'm wondering about is the stock bolt though. I've heard conflicting stories about whether or not real 870 stock bolts will fit the threading on the back of the Maruzen receiver properly.

So I'm wondering, will a real steel 870 stock bolt fit the threading on the the back of the CA870 receiver properly? Or will I have to search hardware stores to find a really long bolt with threading the same size as the CA870's stock attachment point?

hey guys, i knoiw this aint about what anyone is talking about but it seems the best place to post as no one helped when i posted in the technical section, i have a DE M56DL, its great but i have a problem with mine and i am wondering if anyone could help, when i load it it loads more than 3 bbs, i thought it could be that i accidently half cock it but it still does it even when i dont half cock, if anyone knows what might be wrong ide be very greatful of the info

cheers guys

Just a note for anyone in the US who might be interested, I have a brand new G&P Beast Type M870/CA870 metal body that I would like to trade (straight up trade, no cash involved) for a new, like new, or lightly used regular non-railed G&P M870/CA870 metal body.

DSC00220.jpg

If anyone is interested just check out my thread here for full details ---> http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=157247