Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

right, these are my boomsticks!

please excuse the phone camera pics, my girlfriend 'borrowed' my camera. i no longer have my camera.

anywho, first is my gas ACM M500

originally,

shottyix1.th.jpg

i then took off the stock, and made a ghetto wooden pistol grip for this, to go in my home-made molle shotgun scabbard (cant find pics of the gun with grip on, but the scabbard is here

photo0298to6.th.jpg

it was ace like this, but i really have a thing for long shotguns, so i put the full stock back on, and modded a fake shell tube extension for it

photo0285ro9.th.jpg

i just drilled and tapped the end cap, screwed a 'stub' on (rounded off M10 nut), and friction-fitted a piece of electrical condiut on this, and then slid a piece of 22mm copper pipe on, held inside with silicon! (not bad for 20 minutes' work)

i then painted it

photo0291zr2.th.jpg

using hammerite satin black aerosol. its not a match, but its all i have in right now.

the paint gives a nice plastic-feeling finish, but scratches off too easily. even with a finger nail. i guess it needs primng, even though i was told in halfords it doesnt! (i did degrease and abrade the copper, to no avail...)

you can see the colour difference here

photo0292lf8.th.jpg

i used a 22mm copper protecting endcap for the, err, endcap

its solid as a rock, just let down by the paint.

here it is resting on my CIRAS (the shells are for my following maruzen.)

photo0297ac0.th.jpg

its overcontrasted on purpose :P

next up, my redwolf upgraded maruzen M1100 - 400 fps of semi-auto jamming goodness!

m1100zm7.th.jpg

ive nod done anything to this, except add a cheekpad, sling and a foregrip shell holder (not shown)

with my vest

photo0296tb6.th.jpg

and finally, the two together, action to the rear, with a shell resting in/on the breeches. cos i could!

photo0299zq0.th.jpg

i like 'em, anyway!

shmook

edit: for mild stupidity

Edited by shmook

that's a nice job on the fake barrel extension bud. Get yourself some flat black and you'll be laughing.

@ Pkekyo-nor: Is that side saddle one of the elastic loop ones? Been thinking of making one myself when i get the chance

hmmm.... copper can be a buggar to paint at the best of times. When i painted aluminium tubing i used three coats of primer and then 2 coats of flat Humbrol black and finished off with a light coating of clear paint. I just used to pick them up from either my local DIY shop or model centre. Hope that's of some help :)