Shotgun Picture Thread

Well yes, Candyman is an option (and most probably my very best option). But I know that he has plenty enough on his plate project-wise without anymore custom work to do, so at the very least it would mean I may have to wait a few months. I was hoping to do it myself originally and I suspect it probably is possible to complete it myself but I do run the greatly increased risk of acidentally ruining the stock by drilling where I shouldn't or what have you, which would result in the loss of a stock.

P.s. Anybody else think its a pressing issue to get a run of TM shotgun tri-cylinders made in metal? Isn't it a real shame how none of the metal tri-piston projects never get off the ground? I think that with the right drive, enthusiasm and continued support it is very possible that someone here (with the right connections and know-how/experience) on Arnies could organise a production run of metal tri-cylinders for us all. Ofcourse, as has been said before, many times, it would still be quite expensive, but nevertheless still good long-term value.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

woop woop! my shell sling arrived today, so i loaded up my m1100...

photo0317a.jpg

it can now carry 26 shells on the shotgun, plus the 8 loaded!

modded my shell catcher too, lined it with steel to hold its shape.

i messed around with the pic, cos it didnt come out well on my phone.

Hell, I'd just love a folding stock for my SPAS.

Come on manufacturers! Theres a market, and its folded steel sheet. Hardly complex.

true. cant be that hard. i would buy a spas if i could get a folding stock, they look incomplete without.

But you're one in a million

You've got that shotgun shine.

Born under a bad sign,

With a blue moon in your eyes.

back on topic, The Badger is tired of the same old story (song and dance as well?) of running assault. Hes looking at shotgunning as a new career path, but before he orders one he wants to do one final check to see that no-one knows anything about a clone SPAS 12 tri shot?

REVIVAL!

Decent sights? On MY M3? It's more likely than you'd think. Especially as I find the stock M3 sights to be teeny weeny and way too low. I mean, they're basically pistol sights. So i did this...

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0195.jpg

Photo0196.jpg

And finally, the money shot...

Photo0197.jpg

Please excuse the milliput, I only did it about a half hour ago. Going to spray the thing tomorrow, if I can get home while there's still daylight. The front sight is a VSR sight (from a JG Bar-10, actualy, but hey ho), and the rear is a ghost-right type affair swiped from dannyboy's M500. Vast improvement over the originals!

Opinions?

Edited by MDK_Marshal

What brands are the M1014 and holosight? (by that I mean Eotech or clone)

I prefer the more traditional shotguns, so I didn't do anything very radical on my ACM 6mm M500.

Tightened up the fit on some of the internals and added a few accessories.

Sorry for shoddy quality, this was taken from a cell phone.

leftryo.th.jpg

rightt.th.jpg

Took off the sights, they worked fine, but I just didn't like the look.

actionright.th.jpg

Forearm racked back.

heatshield.th.jpg

AHeatshield was taken from a springer of the same brand. The material actually wasn't half bad.

lightl.th.jpg

I manhandled a rail mount onto the mag tube, and managed to get the sling and light on. In retrospect, I probably should have used a side sling mount instead.

A bit ugly, but it works well enough.

Edited by John_234

I picked up an OE Tech/Voodoo Tactical/Condor shotgun scabbard, but my M1014 hasn't been shipped to my new house yet. Does anyone know if an M1014 will fit fine in them?

can't really say cuz ive not picked up a UTG. Ive had a feel or 2 of the TM ones but it doesn't feel any different to be honest. The DE clones have a really great feel.

I've noticed you adding the X prefix to it. Is the Benelli M4 in the X stage in the UK? Here in the 'States, it's simply M1014.

/Xm1014 is more fun to say, I'll give you that much. :P

//anyone have that "M1014 User" userbar? I've looked all over, and can't find where I last saw it...

CAW Users: If you need some spare mags; I put together a list of websites on the 'States

Evike.com

Airsoftgi.com

Shortyusa.com

Trinityairsoft.com

Hotspotairsoft.com

Any more, just quote me and add to the list.

Edited by Versus

shells for multishot shotguns work too. after you sand off the rim at the bottom of the mag (i used utg shells) they work well.

the reason why we don't call it the XM1014 is because the "X" designates it as an experimental weapon or is under review. we dropped the "X" after our marine corp adopted it as an issue battle shotgun. it wasn't in COD4 for no reason.

Edited by Horsem4n
Is the Benelli M4 in the X stage in the UK?

We do things differently over here. Benelli call it the M1014, the US called it the XM1014 until it was accepted then it became the M4.

In the UK we would refer to it as the M1014 as per the manufacturer until it was accepted then it would get a brittish weapon designation, beginning with L for example the Browning High Power is called the L9A1 when in brittish service.

its a king arms stock adapter, available at DEN and WGC. the stock, stock tube an grip doesnt come in the package.

now that i know how cool it looks, i have a reason to finish my super shorty.

i think that King arms only makes them for M500s, and if you want one for an M870, you'll need to get the real steel version (of which i don't know who makes it)

nevertheless, king arms makes one for the M500.

EDIT:

i think they are made by Mesa Tactical

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Mesa_Tactical/ARAdapters.asp

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=55

not exactly the same, but close.

also, the grip and stock are magpul stuff.

Edited by Horsem4n
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj235/c...onridge870s.jpg

I have a cookie waiting for anyone who can tell me who makes this stock/grip/rail adapter. I emailed the builders (www.ironridgeguns.com) but have gotten no answer.

EDIT:

i think they are made by Mesa Tactical

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Mesa_Tactical/ARAdapters.asp

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=55

not exactly the same, but close.

Base gun is the M870. Actually the adapter is the Cavalry Arms SS-870. The rail thing at the front is a piece from the Surefire M69 rail. Finished in desert sand with Magpul MIAD grip and M93 stock. If I had to guess with a Bobro VFG wrapped in 550 cord. With an EoTech of course.

Holds 3 shell in tube +1.

Drake of Magpul has one of these custom shotgun with an UBR on it; at Shot Show I seen it with the CTR stock. Both extremely hawt.

Why do I know all of this? I did my research on it and really want to build an airsoft version of it. But me being me I'm very picky and want the base shotgun to be the Maruzen M870 with external gas to be legal for play at my site. However the internals of the Maruzen M870 is apparently weaksauce on a HPA. So my desire continues.

PM heading your way.

Do I get a cookie? USPS preferred. :D

Edited by Reincarnation...