Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Ha! Well my rooms bulb has blown at the moment so I'm taking advantaged of my SLR and fishtanks ambient lighting. I'll take some square-on photos of it in daylight tommorow. Can't actually get a full lit shot of the whole thing with this lighting and I'm not going into another room at this time to take pics!

i mean non arty farty please!

i have been known to use imageshack for shotgun pics too... :unsure:

Edited by H.U.N.K

Don't suppose anyone can get an 'up-close and personal' (or just big) picture of the M1014 style rear sights? Looking into putting some better sights onto my M3 so I'm seeing if its at all possible to fabricate one.

Or does anyone know where you can get a rear sight on its own?

Wings :detective2:

if you're handy with making stuff (plastic or metal) then they shouldn't be too difficult to make. Failing that, best thing to do is see if anyones got an old M1014 they don't want (or even better broken) with the sights intact. The DE front sights actually unscrew on the M1014 from the main barrel, so if you're planning on putting them onto an M3 you'll have to drill some holes for the screws to go into. The rear sights (i'll get a pic for you in a mo) can actually be unscrewed from the M1014 and (carefully) with the right size drill (i.e smaller than the actual screw itself) you can drill 2 small holes and attach the screws that way. WARNING: DON'T drill too far down though otherwise you'll end up drilling into the piston and fubar-ing the shottie up.

EDIT: Pics up...

rearsight01.jpg

rearsight02.jpg

rearsight03.jpg

rearsight04.jpg

rear sight

frontsight01.jpg

and one of the front sight. Word of warning, if you're planning on using M1014 rear sights with standard Benelli M3 sights, they'll be too high to get an accurate shot. That's why i opted for the front M1014 sight as well. Hope that's some use (sorry couldn't take any more, last of my batteries have just died and i'll have to stick them on the charger :)

Edited by rhino
(Yeah that's the Holy Bible :D ).

The wooden stock is hand-made (by me). This project took almost six months of work.

That's a beautiful looking stock Typewriter! Very nice for a hand made piece.

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! :P

cheers H.U.N.K!

constructive criticism though, you should cut the bolts for the RIS rail ant paint them.

or buy shorter, black ones!

i like it though, but for me, i would have nowt on the front end, and cut the mag tube down to the barrel length.

but thats me.

cheers H.U.N.K!

constructive criticism though, you should cut the bolts for the RIS rail ant paint them.

or buy shorter, black ones!

i like it though, but for me, i would have nowt on the front end, and cut the mag tube down to the barrel length.

but thats me.

Actually I had just the same thought! I will eventually paint the things black. Cheers all the same!

I have to say, I absolutely love that shotgun! I think the cut down barrels look fantastic! Does it affect range or accuracy?

Not really, changes the sound completely though. Nothing like how it was. Its more effective than it ever was though, its a bit of a monster in CQC with the laser.

• 2 weeks later...