Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

My current quiver...

DSC00443.jpg

And a few extra pics of the 6mm BE M500, just because ^_^

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

I like em both a lot, but I really need to get some kind of buttstock with a pistol grip for that M500. The Surefire adds a lot of weight to the front end of an already heavy gun and it's a real strain on the wrist holding it with the traditional style shotgun stock. I think I'm gonna go with a Knoxx SpecOps adjustable stock if money allows.

Got a Maruzen M870 BV coming at some point in the future, but the slow boat from HK is...well... slow :lol:

Nope, the Surefire was a perfect drop in fit. No modifications necessary at all. Just remove the two grub screws at the base of the outer barrel (one on each side) and then you can slide the entire outer barrel and magazine tube/s assembly off. Then unscrew the cap on the front end of the original forend, slide the forend off, slide the Surefire forend on and screw the forend cap back on.

Then you just slide the outer barrel & magazine tube/s assembly back onto the receiver, reinstall the 2 grub screws holding the outer barrel in place, and that's it!

So easy a child could do it, no modifications necessary at all ^_^

My current quiver...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC00443.jpg[/img]

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC00483.jpg[/img]

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC00453.jpg[/img]

I like em both a lot, but I really need to get some kind of buttstock with a pistol grip for that M500. The Surefire adds a lot of weight to the front end of an already heavy gun and it's a real strain on the wrist holding it with the traditional style shotgun stock. I think I'm gonna go with a Knoxx SpecOps adjustable stock if money allows.

Got a Maruzen M870 BV coming at some point in the future, but the slow boat from HK is...well... slow :lol:

Is the BE full metal? I'm wondering because my current conversion of an ACM M3 will take it to a very similar configuration to your M500 (without the heat shield) and I honestly didn't think about the weight of it!

Looks nice though!

Wings :detective2:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC00483.jpg

Jin15, when did BE come out withe M500 Mossberg?

woah! how did i miss this?

compared to the Marushin version, how is it?

(gas efficiency/ power wise)

i've heard that other ACM M500's leak and aren't very efficient.

PS: I love that setup. Always wanted a Surefire lighted grip on my Marushin M500 before i sold it.

Edited by luvs2shoot

Sure Shardik ^_^

It's the 623FA ---> http://www.surefire.com/623FA-Shotgun-Forend

I'd recommend looking for one on eBay though, you can find them new in box on eBay all the time for $215 USD shipped or so.

Jin you need to chop that down XD

Still want a taclight for it? XD

Chop it? Naa! I thought the M3 Super 90 would be way too long for my tastes when I first got it but now that I've handled it a bit the 18.5" barrel feels just right to me.

The taclight though... you're darn right I want it! There must be a flashlight forend on every one of my shotguns I tell you! XD

I'm just not sure I can afford to pay you to do it right now :lol:

Edited by Jin15
Since we're on ACM M500's, here's mine:

ATI grips

Private Parts steel cocking arms

Cut down outer and inner barrel

snc12453.jpg

Now THAT is how i'd have a Mossberg (only thing i'd put extra would be a heatshield and possibly Ghost Ring sights) Very nice!

I'm pretty sure that gun used to be mine. :lol: If not its exactly the same.

Must be the exact same, cause I bought mine new and put it together myself :lol:

- ACM 6mm M500

- Surefire 623FA forend

- Mossberg Factory Model 500/590 Blued Steel Heat Shield

- Private Parts Steel Charging Arms

- Front sight ribs painted in red

Got a chance to skirmish it for the first time yesterday (for 4 hours in pouring rain and 50°F temperature) and it performed beautifully, most realistic shotgun effect I've ever had from an airsoft gun. Gave me a lot of great kills and a real sense of satisfaction using... although the pain in my right wrist after skirmishing definitely solidified it for me that I really need to get a buttstock with a pistol grip for it. My wrist just doesn't dig the angle of a traditional shotgun stock :lol:

So next week I'll be picking up a Knoxx SpecOps collapsible stock and a Hogue Handall grip for it ^_^

Edited by Jin15

Is it possible to extend the "magazine tube" to be 16 inches? (I.e. do r-s mag extenders work?) It'd be purely cosmetic... I want to buy an ACM M500 (6mm) give i a mesa tactical LEO stock adapter, a MIAD, a UBR repro, and a surefire flashgrip. MY ideal gun would have a heatseild, a 16inch barrel and same length mag tube, no ghost rings and a docter site on top.

Also, how skirmishable/ reliable is the gun on propane and with the steel cocking arms? I've had to many expensive shotguns break on me, and I think these are supposed to eb really reliable, right?

Also, how is the "compression" or leak-iness

?

well, a new toy arrived today!

Zeke bodied M1100. dont think the chap i got it off knew how rare these are!

it comes with a trigger extension too, which i havent seen before. it feels very nice too. the body is stamped "11-87" too, which is also nice.

also came with a blackhawk shell bandoleer, which is handy...

to hold the 86 SHELLS IVE NOW GOT!!

dsc02816k.th.jpg

dsc02817.th.jpg

dsc02818e.th.jpg

dsc02819.th.jpg

mmm, lovely shell goodness!

i only bought it for the body, i will swap it on to my CL-upgraded beast, and sell it on, along with a few shells.

i just thought i would post the pics for teh lulz!

enjoy!

edit: forgot to add, it makes an awesome noise when you cock it, sounds real, not all plasticy like the standard bodied gun!

Edited by shmook

I have a question for any Maruzen 870 shell-ejector owners.

I recently purchased a broken 870 (I knew it was when I paid). Aside from the normal gas leak, there seems to be something up with the pump. It can load shells just fine from the magazine tube into the chamber, but to rack the pump, I have to push on the button in front of the trigger guard (forgot the name). Even when there are shells in the chamber and the trigger has been depressed, I still have to push this button/lever to unlock the slide. Any help on this? It doesn't need to have gas for this to work, does it?

Edited by Kraut