Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

You can pick up a real Mossberg 500 top rail made by UTG on eBay for around $12, but you will have to re-drill one of the mounting holes in it since the holes for the rear sight in the airsoft M500 receiver do not line up quite right with the holes in the mount that's made for the real M500. They're about 1/4" off.

As far as I know there is no top rail made for the airsoft version M500 unless you want to buy the King Arms M4 grip & and stock adapter that comes with a top rail. Otherwise you'll have to buy a real Mossberg 500 top rail and re-drill one of the mounting holes.

It's a tacticool Ghetto mod, which makes it Phat, or "Rad" if I'm not mistaken.

A simple mod done by using some hard wire and bending it into shape around the magazine and the M16 trigger guard. Makes firing the Masterkey more convenient for the shooter (i.e. me).

It's just the standard WE M16 handguard, with the inner metal heat shield removed and lightly dremeld to fit.

The mounting system is a G&P Masterkey for Maruzen M870. I removed the Maruzen metal body and had a Mossberg installed instead to make the whole thing more skirmishable.

Very nice work MODDAN! :D

I thought many times about using a G&P Masterkey mount to attach a M500 but the weight was always the thing that made me decide against it. I ended up selling my G&P CA870 Masterkey because the weight was just too much to deal with, I can hardly imagine how heavy it must be with the M500.

It sure looks great though! I'm sure it'll be the envy of just about everyone at your local skirmish site ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Benelli M3's have two pre-tapped mounting holes - where the foregrip screws are already located. Just use these to hard mount a short piece of rail. Theres no need to mess it up with glue/epoxy/etc. Obviously, you're gonna need a couple of mildly longer 3M screws for the rail though, the originals will be too short.

Thanks for you help everyone :) I ordered the foregrip from ebaybanned and I'm going to see if I can find a small RIS rail :D

EDIT: I found a plastic RIS rail in my parts bin which I cut down, drilled, and mounted on the foregrip in the already drilled holes with larger screws I found. The best part is that there are no permanent mods :D I will post pics when my camera finished charging

Edited by gopeder111