Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

Um the stock tube and the outer barrel and round tube. Trust me dont waste your money. Get a Marui. In comparison to a Marui.... there is no comparison really, dont get the DE.

Personally I'd say that the DE versions aren't a waste of money as for 1/2 the price you get something that's 4/5 the quality. Slightly more plasticy but mine has as good a range and I didn't feel bad about cutting short the barrel on the full-stocked, long version I bought. But of course all tastes are different and I might have been luckier in my puchase compared to RC-1138

RC-1138, you must've gotten a lemon.

You're the only person I've seen since these shotties were released that's not satisfied with their product thus far. Considering the price, they are brilliant.

Allready have one, will be buying more.

I have high tastes and am not easily impressed. For instance I think every single, without exception, JG, Echo 1, AGM or any MiC gun is ***t and to claim so is lack of experience or poor judgment. I didnt expect much out of this thing (I bought it to tear it up for my AESG project) and I wasn't surprised. Compared to a Tokyo Marui this is a wobbly, seam line ridden, cheap plastic made, piece of junk. Quite frankly compared to a G&P, Maruzen or Tanaka shotgun, this is something I would relegate to those clear plastic mini-aeg spring pistols sold in sporting goods stores <_< I can't imagine who would be satisfied by this but I imagine their in need of owning AND using a few high end, well made guns.

Quite frankly compared to a G&P, Maruzen or Tanaka shotgun, this is something I would relegate to those clear plastic mini-aeg spring pistols sold in sporting goods stores <_< I can't imagine who would be satisfied by this but I imagine their in need of owning AND using a few high end, well made guns.

there is a slight price difference between these, which will reflect in quality of finish...

you are simply not going to get a high end shotgun for £50, and theres no point complaining about the finish as a result ;)

But you didn't pay for a G&P, Maruzen or Tanaka shotgun, did you?

Seriously, get over yourself.

This is a cheap, simple toy and isn't intended to be anything else.

Exactly, and their even sub par to that. I wasn't expecting a G&P, I was expecting something... okay, but tbh it's quite terrible.

I can't imagine who would be satisfied by this but I imagine their in need of owning AND using a few high end, well made guns.

I can't speak to shotguns, but I've owned several 'high end' AEGs, and too be honest I'm more disappointed with those than with my China guns. For the $150 that a clone will cost you get a lot more than you expect, whereas for the $400 a 'high end' costs you get a lot less than you would expect.

Exactly, and their even sub par to that. I wasn't expecting a G&P, I was expecting something... okay, but tbh it's quite terrible.

I love my DE. I think it performs amazingly well for what it is. And I also love my A&K M4 and my JG M16A2. But hey IM not a cadet so I have poor judgment...

Edited by BFOUR
I love my DE. I think it performs amazingly well for what it is.

If you have to say that statement, that says it all really. I dont want a gun I need to make excuse for; "Well it's only so-and-so many dollars so it's doing good for that low, low price," I don't need to make excuses for any TM's, ICS, CA, STAR, or VFC gun's I've ever own, they work and most importantly, LAST (this is where the Clones fail time and again) longer than I would expect and preform exactly where they should, with no need for self-rationalization on "Well it's doing good for the low price." I suppose it's an age old argument, ever since designed obsolescence came into the picture (Jury's out if JG does it, I am sure JLS does though, that or they don't give a ***t) people have to choose between low price and buying something twelve times or paying a heavy sum once for a high quality product that will last (what I prefer obviously).

And I didn't bring rank into this, you did.

Feel free to pay extra for something marketed "as more quality". Most airsoft parts and guns come from china, was it big factories or from sub-contractors. I think mostly the higher price tag comes from a better QC, like Marui (IIRC some of their, if not most gearbox parts are made in mainland China). Nowadays its funny how people still call ACM stuff trash, and still we see people crying when their CA, G&P or w/e cracks a V2 box or so. Of course some cheap stuff like these DE shotguns arent par with Tanakas and such, but you usually get what you pay for.

yep stop whingeing and buy a tanaka then...

Saying that, 'high end' shotguns are prone to failure too.

Read the thread on tanakas needing work out of the box to prevent catastrophic failure.

Also, i'm looking at you, maruzen.

Ive got 3 of these, 2 1100's and an 870.

Shell lifter snapped on the 870, ejectors are poor on the 1100's, all needed some tweaking and tuning to get them running correctly.

So it maybe 'buy cheap, buy twice', but buying expensive aint much better in shotgun land...

Edited by shmook

I had a nice Maruzen 870 shottie with all metal external goodies and so on, but the piston was made out of poor plastic and broke 2 times after like 20 shots. It didnt have any super spring inside and I reloaded the gun properly. Great design as such, but a metal piston or compatibility with APS metal pistons would have made it a good primary gun. Now it was just a wall hanger, thank god I got rid of it. I am considering buying the gas M500 ACM copy, heard that they take some beating atleast. Yeah, and even the expensive airsoft guns have flaws. I think there isnt a perfect airsoft gun on the market yet.

This year the winter isnt that tender, I know. But my gf is in UK right now, and I heard that you have a nice cold and white winter there too ;) Although it has been like -20 here for over a month. I kinda like it, evenings arent so dark and all that :)

I like the realism of gas guns, just that it doesnt come at the expense of reliability. Gotta see if I find one M500 used, a Surefire (copy, ofc) light in front of it and Im set!

If you have to say that statement, that says it all really. I dont want a gun I need to make excuse for; "Well it's only so-and-so many dollars so it's doing good for that low, low price," I don't need to make excuses for any TM's, ICS, CA, STAR, or VFC gun's I've ever own, they work and most importantly, LAST (this is where the Clones fail time and again) longer than I would expect and preform exactly where they should, with no need for self-rationalization on "Well it's doing good for the low price." I suppose it's an age old argument, ever since designed obsolescence came into the picture (Jury's out if JG does it, I am sure JLS does though, that or they don't give a ***t) people have to choose between low price and buying something twelve times or paying a heavy sum once for a high quality product that will last (what I prefer obviously).

And I didn't bring rank into this, you did.

Not everyone can afford high end weapons or dont want to. And some dont take this sport so seriously that they need to have the best. I play airsoft when I can as a hobby. Doing it for real is my job. I enjoy buying JGs and A&Ks and modding them myself. I dont want some toy gun I jsut grab out of a box and play with. Have you ever shot a JG or a "Clone" brand? I have several that out shoot most TMs Ive seen including my own A3. Dont forget that you bought the DE over a tanaka or a marushin. And the whole rank thing comes into play everytime you have some folksy wisdom to pass down. No one is impressed that your a cadet.

Not everyone can afford high end weapons or dont want to. And some dont take this sport so seriously that they need to have the best. I play airsoft when I can as a hobby. Doing it for real is my job. I enjoy buying JGs and A&Ks and modding them myself. I dont want some toy gun I jsut grab out of a box and play with. Have you ever shot a JG or a "Clone" brand? I have several that out shoot most TMs Ive seen including my own A3. Dont forget that you bought the DE over a tanaka or a marushin. And the whole rank thing comes into play everytime you have some folksy wisdom to pass down. No one is impressed that your a cadet.

I've used just about every brand of every gun out there (baring the ridculous ones like Ino, Trigger Happy, and the like), including in shotguns hence why it's not spouted bs, I actually have experience with these and those brands so when I say, the DE M1014 is a pos, I have something to compare it with. Even the CAW, for all it's faults, is a top notch gun and blows this thing out of the water. And you're the only one here whose brought up that I'm a cadet, how that has bearing on anything I have no idea, me disliking and not recommending a cheap shotgun has nothing to do with my rank or school. Sounds more like a petty dive like I see being a cadet as a negative or something. That or jealousy.

Oh and last I checked, I'm entitled to an opinion and if I find that the DE is a pos, then that's my position. Doesn't make me wrong, just means that's what I feel and if someone feels otherwise their entitled to think that way too.

Edited by RC-1138

Jealousy? No not in the least bit. Im a combat vet in the Infantry. Im not jealous of your cadet status. All of your posts about the DE just say its garbage. Give us some reason against your "high end" shotguns as to why this DE is such garbage when everyone else who has one has stated its not.

Edited by BFOUR

I have to agree with RC-1138. My clone M4 Benelli was fairly awful even for the price. It was mostly the fact that the poor QC meant that it would not feed, from clone or TM shells. Plus it was seam ridden as RC-1138 mentioned and I don't know if anyone else noticed but its harder to pump than the M3's because of the shape of the grip. Well, maybe not harder but its certainly easier to slip your grip whilst in a fight.

IMHO, go for a TM M3 Benelli Super 90 - if you have the dough that is. If not then by all means take a clone but keep your fingers crossed tightly and hope that you won't get a lemon.

All of your posts about the DE just say its garbage. Give us some reason against your "high end" shotguns as to why this DE is such garbage when everyone else who has one has stated its not.

Fine:

DE: Cheap plastic that bend and feel soft to the touch, wobbly externals especially in the stock and pistol grip, very visible seam lines, mediocre range (I'd say around 85-100 ft range whereas a TM gets about 110-125), all metal parts oxidize in about a day, I don't know where they bought the screws but they feel like their gona fall off any second, the internals are made of that cheap, semi-see through plastic that's inherent to Clones that has a habit of wearing very easily, the grease on the pistons is gunky. Fake ruberized features that just doesnt work Price: About $65-$80 USD

TM: Hard plastics that can be misleading to the user (feels metallic, classic TM thing though), Super solid build, no creaks in my TM M3, great range without going too hot FPS wise (CQB safe), no visible seam lines, internals are top notch with silicon oil, TM's top notch hopup rubbers, and last and out last all clones (my TM is about 4 years old now and just as good as the day I bought it, and it was used) also the rubberized textured grip and pump are solid and feel great, and the pump itself doesnt feel like the gun's gona snap in two. Price: $200 USD but you can very easily find them for $150 USD at various websites. About the only complaint I've ever had against my TM shotgun is that it lacks the movable bolt face, and then that's really just nitpicking at that point.

I'm sorry but for about double the price I would much rather have the TM. There's no way this DE can survive the number of skirmishes my M3's been to, both externally and internally.

Edited by RC-1138