Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

ACM M500 with RS railed grip

Can anyone help me out with the grip. I've got a lot of wobble in it and was wondering if anyone had put RS grips on their M500 and had the same problem and knows what I'd need to do to sort it.

You can maybe put some bondo in the inside of the grip but I don't know how well it will work. I wouldn't worry about wobble, even the real mossbergs' foregrip wobbles quite a bit.

The whole unit(Cocking arms and frame.) do wobble quite a bit,but does he mean the actual grip(Plastic grip sleeve that goes over the frame.)?

If he means the later then tighening the nut at the front of the grip might help. If it is tightened all the way and still wobbles then try finding something to put between the grip and the nut to fix the contact between it and the grip.

main thing is do you like it? If it's practical and comfortable to use then i say good on ya ;) I had the same reaction years ago when i put a vertical foregrip on my SPAS12 folder shottie. Not a lot of people liked it, but for me personally it helped to acquire a more positive grip when it was raining and i hadn't brought gloves.

main thing is do you like it? If it's practical and comfortable to use then i say good on ya ;) I had the same reaction years ago when i put a vertical foregrip on my SPAS12 folder shottie. Not a lot of people liked it, but for me personally it helped to acquire a more positive grip when it was raining and i hadn't brought gloves.

I do indeed, those spas 12 grips are slipery without rain anyway. Always fancied doing a g3 mag one and my drum dieing gave me the perfect opotunity.If anything this ones more practical ,its a much lower profile. R.I.P drum mag ,I will miss you :(

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

So still not liking my much improved design? Where i am able to freely use any TM compatible STANAG magazine, without perminant modification to either gun or shell( well, one shell was sacrificed for the project)

This is an early picture:

http://www.btinternet.com/~joppa/ED-SKaR/shotgun/08firstfit.JPG

I still need to get round to making it look pretty...

So still not liking my much improved design? Where i am able to freely use any TM compatible STANAG magazine, without perminant modification to either gun or shell( well, one shell was sacrificed for the project)

not realy .My ways easier ,and is also a non-perminant modification .All you need is a shell and a mag of your choice .Plus you don't have an AR lower hanging of you gun.

found a Tanaka 870, but before buying it i would like to ask you if it is possible (and how hard is it) to use a RS stock (like the Speedfeed...) on it.

same question regarding the forehand (SF 618...).

since it is not going to be cheap i want to be sure it is worth.

thanks for the help

DEMANDING full pics! i reckon that would look epic, especially with a 20 round mag. im reckoning that with the addition of a heat shield and AR15 stock mounted flush with the top of the reciever (possibly a UBR or an ACE skeleton) it would make a really cool near future sci fi thingy.

DEMANDING full pics! i reckon that would look epic, especially with a 20 round mag. im reckoning that with the addition of a heat shield and AR15 stock mounted flush with the top of the reciever (possibly a UBR or an ACE skeleton) it would make a really cool near future sci fi thingy.

I'll get some pictars soon. I allways use VN STANAGS cus they look better :P though i do have ICS 450 round highcaps... 150 shots before reloading....

STill, i never use it, i prefer using shells and the shells hold more than enough ammo for me. But saying that, i only use my shotguns in CQB...

The bracket and outer grip are PVC while the inner grip and pin are metal. I wanted to do the mod on an ACM Mossberg but decided that chopping the feed tubes were too much of a chore. Right now I'm looking for a Maruzen 870 as it seems easier to do.

edit:

NVM about the Maruzen. They're discontinued and have been out of stock for quite some time now.

Edited by renegadecow

Sounds good.

I dont have access to the tools or materials I would need to make a new pump bracket and folding grip.

I may thread the bracket itself and screw some sort of vert grip on though...

The loading tubes are going to be a bit of a pain, but shouldnt be too difficult to chop and epoxy together :)

The bracket and outer grip are PVC while the inner grip and pin are metal. I wanted to do the mod on an ACM Mossberg but decided that chopping the feed tubes were too much of a chore. Right now I'm looking for a Maruzen 870 as it seems easier to do.

edit:

NVM about the Maruzen. They're discontinued and have been out of stock for quite some time now.

Sounds good.

I dont have access to the tools or materials I would need to make a new pump bracket and folding grip.

I may thread the bracket itself and screw some sort of vert grip on though...

The loading tubes are going to be a bit of a pain, but shouldnt be too difficult to chop and epoxy together :)

shortening the mag tube isn't that bad. its definitely not hard. its more tedious than anything, but it just takes some figuring out. i'm already talking to blood-clot about it, if you want some pointers, renegade, we can add you into the conversation.

i did it with a hack saw, hammer, drill, dremel and a bit of putty epoxy. parts of it can be nigh impossible without a rotary tool.

Edited by Horsem4n

That would be great, if at least just for knowing. I took apart a mates M500 just this afternoon and I really couldn't see myself doing all the work once I pull out the loading chambers. Just a thought though, it seems to me that a whole lot of space is wasted on the mechanism if it's chopped as severe as a Serbu length. I'm thinking of replacing the entire carousel altogether with a spiral magazine.

The supplier sent the wrong shotgun :(

Just waiting to find out if they have it, otherwise... I found someone selling a full stock one and have priced up some nice real steel pistol grips!

Do you have any ideas on how a spiral mech would work ? I have access to lots of bb feed tube ( the type on m60's and such )... just the spring push stuff im a bit lost on...... ?