Shotgun Picture Thread

That would be great, if at least just for knowing. I took apart a mates M500 just this afternoon and I really couldn't see myself doing all the work once I pull out the loading chambers. Just a thought though, it seems to me that a whole lot of space is wasted on the mechanism if it's chopped as severe as a Serbu length. I'm thinking of replacing the entire carousel altogether with a spiral magazine.

cutting it down to 6.5 inches does take a lot of space away. at that length, the tubes only hold around 15-20 bbs each.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I want to make something similar to this for an airsoft M500:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUYHYTSpGY

Allthough in truth what i would genuinely make is a U shaped midcap magazine to replace the three single stack tubes. I think that there is enough room for two lines of double stacked BBs (one there and one back) with a U-turn at the far end. I am just wondering if the U-turn is going to be too tight...

Of corse i would be making an extended version rather than a shortened version. and i wont bother even trying anything untill i stop it leeking!

Edited by ED-SKaR

You might be able to do that easily if you cannibalized a Marui shotshell. It holds the bbs in a double stack row and folds up over itself in a U shape. You could probably just cut one in half and put in whatever length an extension you need in between. You'd need a fairly long double stack spring though; I've tried winding my own before but its a bit more complicated than I had first thought.

strange question (wish i'd kept my m870 folding stock now ¬_¬ ) the G&P Pistolgrip w/folding stock for the CA870/M870 are they compatible with the Marui or DE clone M3 shotties? I remember the grip attached to the shottie via a bolt (bit like the pistolgrip of the M3 shorty) just wondered if there'd be much work to do hollowing the grip out to make it fit the Benelli or whether it would be a straightforward fit (wishful thinking i know :D )

I want to make something similar to this for an airsoft M500:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUYHYTSpGY

That's more or less exactly how the magazine system on a 6mm Marushin Mossberg works. You fill one of the tubes with 50 BB's, rotate to the next barrel, fill that with BB's, and so on. When firing you rotate one of the barrels into position, fire until empty, rotate to the next tube, and so on. Very practical, I must say.

On another note, here are some pictures of my latest acquisition:

31149622.jpg

31149623.jpg

It began it's life as a G&P M203 Standalone:

31149624.jpg

I bought it in order to make my masterkey slightly more practical(when in need of two guns, and such).

29647738.jpg

That's more or less exactly how the magazine system on a 6mm Marushin Mossberg works. You fill one of the tubes with 50 BB's, rotate to the next barrel, fill that with BB's, and so on. When firing you rotate one of the barrels into position, fire until empty, rotate to the next tube, and so on. Very practical, I must say.

Yes I KNOW that! I ment I wanted to see one that looks and functions exactly like that one, rather than a similar thing hidden inside the shelltube. Plus you have to manually twist the m500s tubes where on the real one they move automatically when the tube is empty(i assume its clockwork)

problem is with these m500 mag ideas is filling them ,they would realy have to be removable like those old spas's .Can't remember the make but it basically had a long removable mag that went in the mag tube.

I was thinking of making up a feed tube out of PVC that houses the whole spiral design. It would be completely enclosed and removable for ease of reloading.

Missed that :)

Edited by heroshark

my design of having a double stack magazine folded down the shell tube would require removing it to fill it. Not all so realistic until you remember that there where real shotguns that used a similar design, just not very popular as the accepted normal system is better. (still can't see why we dont have detachable magazines... every other gun in the world has...)

You would end up with a pipe that you fill like any other midcap, insert into the front of the shelltube and then use the catch to secure it(the catch won't require any modification).

Ignoring the xrail thingy, as thats just "cool but pointless" unless you are using a maruzen or tanaka shell ejeting shotgun where the shell tube works with the same princible as real shell tubes.

my idea for the ideal shotgun would use TM's 30 round shells and use the tube magazine for a gas tank.

smooth action, easy reloads and an excuse to carry a bandolier of shells :P

Personally i'd like to use a CO2 external gas tank, but the TM shotshells are very good. Its a magazine that LOOKS like a shell, best of both worlds and the best comprimise of realism vs airsofability (IMO)

Not sure about performance yet, need to get some propane first. Feeds okay and shoots okay ( did a little test with butane )

I agree about the grip, decided to make it thicker in the short term, while keepin on the lookout for the right bits to make the folding grip.

For now, it works and is functional :)