Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I figured it might have been for an external CO2 rig?

Dosent sound right, if you where going to external rig a maruzen full stock you would bypass the tank altogether and use the tube coming from the mech and feed that out of the gun. That hole is perfectly lined up with the fill valve on the tank. However, there is no way you would be able to fill up the tank with a standard gas bottle as the nozzle is far to short, unless you had a lenghteny thingy like those tanaka revolvers use.

Either way is feasable.

I have just realised that briden bought not one but both of those stocks (well stock and pistol grip) off me. I am glad that you got them both going mate. The hunting stock was infact fitted to an M3 before you got it from myself - so it has been used in two conversion projects. Although mine involved removing material from the actual M3 receiver, which, may I say is a far better approach if you can bring yourself to hurt the poor innocent M3, mostly because it eliminates the eventual cracking of most such projects.

Might be getting my hands on a new SPAS 12 soon. If so, I might actually have a good reason to finish my real steel full stock airsoft conversion project.

Lolthanks guys... I am considering selling the whole gun... not definite though. A lot of work has gone into it. It has completely upgraded internals, inner barrels, 1j spring, pdi pistonheads... then externally the stock, green laser sight in place of mag tube, shell holder on side, sling, RS truglo fibre optic sights...

Lolthanks guys... I am considering selling the whole gun... not definite though. A lot of work has gone into it. It has completely upgraded internals, inner barrels, 1j spring, pdi pistonheads... then externally the stock, green laser sight in place of mag tube, shell holder on side, sling, RS truglo fibre optic sights...

How much for?

hehehe I don't know how much yet. If you want the full project see here: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21404

Like I say there, just considering selling. nothing's definite. I realise once I sell this, I will pretty much never be able to get anything like it again!

hmm... i wonder what that gas line is doing in the grip

Was originally a M1100 Defender, did my own idea on making a new shell extractor, and replaced the piston head with a M92 one from Guarder. Been running at 100-175PSI for what has to be over a thousand shell cycles by now. Still running strong, ejecting cleanly, and just really lobbing 9 .30's. When loaded with nine .20's they just scatter into about a 3 foot spread at about 10 yards.

My original 3 shells are just about shot to *suitcase* though. They have been used so many times they are falling apart and failing at keeping BB's inside them.

Edited by Username_Here

Basically a hole that covers the extractor is drilled right over it to remove the molded pot metal lump called an extractor, the hole is then threaded, a steel screw is screwed in, cut flush on the outside of the bolt, and then on the inside ground into the triangle shape of the original extractor.

If in the event brass shell lips could deform steel screws and it were to need replacing, all you would have to do is unscrew it and replace it with a new screw. A good 5 minutes of work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok! I figured it's time for some good old wood again. Let me introduce the Tanaka twins.:)

I finally got a moment to spare so I could add the wood parts to my other Tanaka.

It took me some time to grind by hand with sandpaper and steel wool to make it fit properly.

Well enjoy the fruits of my hard labour.:lol:

Tanaka-brothers-3.jpg

• Like 1