Shotgun Picture Thread

Piston is a guarder M92 piston and the extractor I made from a machine screw.

What I did was drill a hole the size of the extractor so it would be completely gone, threaded it, screwed in the screw cut it to be flush on the outside of the bolt, put a flat head notch in it just in case it ever needed to be backed out and replaced, and then just reshaped the screw inside the bolt into that basic triangle shape the original extractor was. Works flawlessly.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I think he's asking of why rig it for external gas, and not implant the internal reservoir the 1100s have. Well first of all it depends on the m1100, the full stock variant has the reservoir in the stock, and it is much larger than the grip reservoirs. Second an m1100 on external gas is a whole different beast, and is probably the best shotgun on the market (unless you can mill out better parts for a tanaka).

It's a rather cunning solution to a tricky problem. I has a similar problem when I was trying to convert one of my Marushin Mossbergs to run of CO2, and this is the solution I chose:

This started life as a Tercel full metal/wood pump action- which is nice but not right for the diddy-bopping down them rice paddies in the Delta.

So I:

~Stripped off the vile orange varnish on the wood

~Left it rough in places to simulate combat usage

~Stained it with dark oak

~Rubbed in about 7 coats of Danish Oil

~Ripped off the 'slugster' sights and added a 1970s 'Speedbead' at the front

~Added a 1960s dated utility strap.

And got something rather more 'battle worn' for use with 'Nam period gear.

DSC02391.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

Don't mean to double post, but it's been to long for me to edit my last one.

Here is just a video

Wish I could find some more shells decently priced.

Jebus dude you got old, I still remember when you looked like, I mean were, a kiddie..... Do you remember seeing my old M1100 I had converted to gas? I kinda want to get another for bull dog next year if I don't get a 40mm setup, maybe we can talk about a bulk shell order...

Edited by frogfish

i was just hoping that Username did exactly what he said he did. its just that the hose in the pic confused me.

i have an idea to route a hose through the grip of my ACM M500 and another idea about using AEG magazines (i think im going to go for AK Beta mags, but i may end up with another 7.62 mag in there, or hell, maybe 5.56 PMags).

gonna have to wait a couple more days for pics. depending on how the knoxx grip fits on (i got it yesterday and did preliminary fitting tests), i may have to do away with the front RIS, the MBUS sights and the PEQ box. which doesnt bother me. but at least i found a good way to mount the AFG on the thing and the knoxx grip looks cool.

i have everything in pieces and have to modify the knoxx grip a good amount to make it fit right(er...).

Edited by Horsem4n

gonna have to wait a couple more days for pics. depending on how the knoxx grip fits on (i got it yesterday and did preliminary fitting tests), i may have to do away with the front RIS, the MBUS sights and the PEQ box. which doesnt bother me. but at least i found a good way to mount the AFG on the thing and the knoxx grip looks cool.

I have a book called "fighting shotguns" that has a few pages on a project for the m870 to change it from internal magazine to a removable box magazine. I'll scan in the pictures sometime, but the magazine looks very much like a plain 7.62 nato magazine, just a little bit wider than a doublestack when the shotgun mag is single stack.

as promised, the Childers-Dahlgren modification of a remmington 870r, pictured with a 10 and a 20 round box magazine.

The gun spent 6 months in prototype phase, and if it had been given another 3 months it would have been ready for full production, changing the face of shotguns to this day. The magazines fed very well, almost perfectly, and the gun only had a few teething problems that would have been easly ironed out.

It could have been the first sucsesfull detachable magazine shotgun, almost 30 years before anyone else got there.

childers-Dahlgren870r.jpg

looks nice. im still trying to decide if i want to spend the time modifying the tube to accept the mags there of just stick them on the boddem of the receiver, in front of the trigger guard. the latter would be easier, but would involve more cutting and would allow me to just stick the external air hose in the gas inlet port. but if i can figure out how to pas the air hose around the trigger mech and out the grip, ill stick the mags in the bottom of the receiver where it will look better.

either that, or ill just leave the whole mag thing alone and just convert it to external air. i just want to load the thing easier, though i wont have to do it that often...

There is another project mentioned in the book from another company that has a similar box mag fitted into the shell port. They never could get it to work properly.

I'd say stick it in the shell door, it looks nicer there, and you don't have to lenghten the pump arms beyond the magazine if it was foreward of there.

I'd make a magwell and attach it to the gun, inside would be space for the gas line, and a feed tube similar to AEG so the mag can sit just a little bit lower. As you're using AEG mags it all fits nicley.

yep, that's the idea. only thing is that i want to make the magwell out of some type of metal. but i may do it out of plastic and make it look like a removable attachment/aftermarket conversion kit.

ill have to make some drawings.

with this ill be able to take all that junk out of the magazine tube. hopefully lightning it up noticeably.

im thinking of notching the back of the Pmags and using some sort of AK mag catch as it may be easier than figuring out how to incorporate the AR mag catch and making all the right holes.

but ill figure all that *suitcase* out when i get my hands on some of the mags. i think i saw FDE ones on den trinity.

Edited by Horsem4n

yep, that's the idea. only thing is that i want to make the magwell out of some type of metal. but i may do it out of plastic and make it look like a removable attachment/aftermarket conversion kit.

ill have to make some drawings.

with this ill be able to take all that junk out of the magazine tube. hopefully lightning it up noticeably.

im thinking of notching the back of the Pmags and using some sort of AK mag catch as it may be easier than figuring out how to incorporate the AR mag catch and making all the right holes.

just trying to figure out what plastic i should use. i know i can just get sheets of ABS, but im not a big fan of ABS and how hollow it feels. is there any other types of plastic i can get in sheets that would work for this project?

weird...

Edited by Horsem4n

do what im doing (exact same shotty), and butcher an MP5 handguard to fit!

ive chopped one down and mounted it, just need to finish some cuts and blend it all together with some milliput.

pics when done!

i got the idea from anzriptide i think:)

M300, I think. Or M600c.

Bottom rail, :huh:?

Does the w300 come with a push button tail cap?

ACM tape switches haven't been too reliable for me. They usually wear out after several games.

Both tail momentary and wire switch.

Pozdrawiam.

Edited by grzechotnik
  • 2 weeks later...

lol I only took a picture, Drake put it together. I'm not gonna be keeping it I don't think, single shot shotguns feel unnatural to me even if it is a beautiful little beast :(

ah. nice work, drake then!

im the same with single-shot shotties. kind of defeats the object imo, no matter how pretty they are :)