Shotgun Picture Thread

do what im doing (exact same shotty), and butcher an MP5 handguard to fit!

ive chopped one down and mounted it, just need to finish some cuts and blend it all together with some milliput.

pics when done!

i got the idea from anzriptide i think:)

Is there any progress?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

double post, sorry, but too late to edit :)

pics as promised!

first, the MP5 forearm. i wasnt bothered about butchering this, as i got it for a tenner, as it didnt work. £4 later, i had 2 new bulbs from fleabay! yay!

as you can see, ive roughly radiused the top, one side is for the mag release on the gun, and i just did the other for symmetry.

th_DSC00077.jpg

split in half

th_DSC00078.jpg

what its going on

th_DSC00080.jpg

positioning

th_DSC00081.jpg

it turns out this was a bit high, if i wanted to keep some material for strength, so i lowered it a bit

th_DSC00083.jpg

check fit for the torch

th_DSC00082.jpg

i cut some of the bottom out, and heated it to mould it around the forearm, and then filled it with milliput. no pics of the cutting im afraid, i forgot! this was taken after i attacked it with a sander and files

th_2.jpg

othe side

th_1.jpg

the bottom, showing where i cut out and filled

th_3.jpg

as you can see, its far from finished, and a bit of a lash up, but its very comfortable. a bit more filing/sanding, and then i'll spray it and fit the torch :)

are there any "needed" upgrades that should be done to a DE m56 at all? im still trying to source a company that will help me make metal bodys for them the only one that said yes sofar wants £300 perbody even if i order like 100 :( no one wants to pay that much lol.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread needs back to the top.

DSC01192.jpg

Got a tri-rail for free with a parts gun,so,why not? I added a nice comfy grip and presto.

Now I just need to stop pissing all my money away and actually buy that folding stock to complete this. :P

And a recent adquisition,actually cobbled together from two parts guns.

DSC01194.jpg

Now taking suggestions on a good torch for the tac jobbie. :)

Thanks for the compliment. :)

I have an ACM M6 that I might throw on there for *suitcases* and giggles later on,but I was thinking about a nice torch for this gun,since it is probably the only accessory that will ever see those rails aside from a grip. In fact I dont know why I didnt throw it on there for the pic in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

^ I'll try to post side photos soon.

Sorry, I don't have an M900/910, but I thought of using that before. Tried a vertical grip though but because the DE shotgun is hard to rack, using a vertical grip only made it more cumbersome to do, same could then be said about the M900/910 on it so I settled with the AFG and installed a G36C short rail on the pump's side to accommodate a replica scout light in the future.

Edited by neilgoth1974

Nice paint job. I've been after one of these for a while to no avail...jealous!

Thanks mate, I'd imagine they'll be back around soon enough since a fair amount of other chinese stuff has been popping up recently, I think there's quite a few people after one of the DEs from what I've seen around the forum, I'd quite like another myself actually.

Tried a vertical grip though but because the DE shotgun is hard to rack, using a vertical grip only made it more cumbersome to do, same could then be said about the M900/910 on it so I settled with the AFG and installed a G36C short rail on the pump's side to accommodate a replica scout light in the future.

Really liking the RIS'd up pump neilgoth, I guess the side rail was a straight 'drill a hole, nut and bolt' sort of job, but how did you go about adding the bottom rail for the AFG?