Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

@CKinnerley,

Thanks, yup, the side rail is a simple bolt-on job. The bottom rail for the AFG is done by mounting the short rail's front hole across the pump's front screw hole and using a longer screw/bot. The rear hole will have to be driled a new slot for anther bolt to fix it in place.

nice pics, and apologies for souding off, but your torch RIS seems rather... busy.

a lot of effort and weight to bung a light on there ;)

just my opinion, and if it works for you, then who cares. you should see some of the hideous kit ive used!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

the gas ones usually need some work. stripping them down (which isnt really hard), and kept well-greased so they hold gas. range isnt too bad, but tats for 6mm. never tried an 8mm.

best bet is probably a marui clone though. reliable and rangy too. feed them .25's, both my spas 12's loved eating those :P

How are the ACM shoties?

What would be the best choice? ACM 8mm MOss 500 or a TM M3 Super 90?

I'd pick the TM M3 every day of the week, it comes out of the box as the best CQB gun i have ever used, and still capable of competing in woodland.

The m500s (I have a tercel 6mm 3shot) "can" be better, but require a hell of a lot of work first. You need to A. convince the thing to stop leaking, thats harder than it sounds as the firing valve was designed by a moron and its built inside out! then b. replace the barrel and give it hop, again more difficult than it sounds as it means custom cutting the barrel and fitting a hop rubber yourself.

well, i finally got round to finishing my shotty mod, so here are a few pics!

th_DSC00274.jpg

th_DSC00273.jpg

th_DSC00273.jpg

th_DSC00276.jpg

unfortunately, the rest of the gun now looks like it needs a respray!

for the grip, i used Rustoleum stone effect textured spray, black granite, and finished that with a flat black acrylic spray, as the textured stuff had white flecks in it.

im still unsure of the shape of it, but it is growing on me. and i dont think its too bad for about £30 of materials (handguard, new bulb, filler i already had, and paint).

anyway, comments/criticism appreciated!