Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

if they are indeed the shotgun-sized ones.

i believe they developed 2 sizes, one for airsoft, and one for real steel (law enforcement training) but dropped the real sized ones after they thought about what would happen if someone loaded a real shell instead of a training shell.

there was a tread around here recently, i'll have a look for it now :)

edit: here it is.

Edited by shmook

Need some advise. I'm torn between getting the Marushin M500 and the Marui M3. Looking for something reliable for CQB games. Needless to day the Marui would be perfect, but the gas + recoil of the M500 keeps beckoning.

How reliable is the M500 for games? Does it require baby-ing and constant maintenance?

Need some advise. I'm torn between getting the Marushin M500 and the Marui M3. Looking for something reliable for CQB games. Needless to day the Marui would be perfect, but the gas + recoil of the M500 keeps beckoning.

How reliable is the M500 for games? Does it require baby-ing and constant maintenance?

The only choice for reliable is the TM M3, go get one now.

Marushin M500 has NO recoil.

Marushin will work very well but you do need to take a lot of care for it, often replacing o-rings as they start leaking and so on.

The only gas shotgun with blowback is the Maruzen M1100, you'll generally find it at the bottom of the reliability tree, in parts, with a broken extractor.

In favour of the Marushin M500, you do get a nice cloud of gas coming out of the front when you fire and it makes really nice metal clickty clackty noises.

i am made sad by the state of airsoft shotguns one hand i love the simplisty of the DE/TM m3 series but i dislike the plastic and how hard it can be to cock them. and the lack of accessories makes me cry and want to buy an M4 and rail the ###### out of it

I put my tm m3 up for sale a while back when I thought my acm m500 was king .I had compleatly forgot about it till I got a pm recently about it. I was all ready to sell it, got it out the corner to check its ok and decided I couldn't get rid as I'd seriously regret it. The m500 or tri shots are the main contenders. Having both heres the way I see it the spring tri-shot be it clone or tm is a reliable ,good range ,less spread. The m500 shorter range, good spread, takes some looking after. Not sure on the marushin its probably better than the acm but still not as reliable as a tri shot springer. They are both great guns but the m500 pips it on the fun factor for me, and its alot easier to get multiple kills with. Saying that the tri-shots reliability make it a much better first shotgun to get .

i am made sad by the state of airsoft shotguns one hand i love the simplisty of the DE/TM m3 series but i dislike the plastic and how hard it can be to cock them. and the lack of accessories makes me cry and want to buy an M4 and rail the ###### out of it

no way would I ever touch an m4 because of that ,with a bit of ingenuity you can do all sorts. Heres my 2 again I never get tired of posting them.

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

P1150255.jpg

P1150256.jpg

not based on out. Cut the back of the pistol grip so the stock faced on to it ok. Filled out the bolt hole on a folding m4 stock so it went at the right angle .Took a G3 high cap plumbed the feed into the shell ,and attached the 2 together. And bolted on a heat sheild. Sorry I'm not very good with detailed guides. I don't realy log my builds ,I just do them and keep whittling till they work.

Edited by heroshark

Cheers bud ,its very pimp indeed .Had it for around a year, its one of my 2nd hand parts builds .Problem is I've fixed the leaks so many times it takes the ###### ,but I think I've got it now. It'll hold gas over night which is better than a few hours or less like it was before. I've felt like getting rid of it a few times ,but it just looks too good .Plus it works well now at bloody last...

Edited by heroshark

Cheers bud ,its very pimp indeed .Had it for around a year, its one of my 2nd hand parts builds .Problem is I've fixed the leaks so many times it takes the ###### ,but I think I've got it now. It'll hold gas over night which is better than a few hours or less like it was before. I've felt like getting rid of it a few times ,but it just looks too good .Plus it works well now at bloody last...

This is why the M500 design is so horribly flawed. The firing mech is inside out so the gas pressure forces the mech open, rather than closed as is the case on every other gas gun in existence.

Shame really as every other part of the design is great, though the magazine is a little fiddly :(.

not based on out. Cut the back of the pistol grip so the stock faced on to it ok. Filled out the bolt hole on a folding m4 stock so it went at the right angle .Took a G3 high cap plumbed the feed into the shell ,and attached the 2 together. And bolted on a heat sheild. Sorry I'm not very good with detailed guides. I don't realy log my builds ,I just do them and keep whittling till they work.

NP, I might to have a play at something like that. Simple and functional

Ian