Shotgun Picture Thread

working on a shortenig conversion for my M500. didnt chop it down all the way to 9.5 inches, but i think my work is sufficient. plus, i got the holes drilled right and everything is as it should be, for the most part.

i now need to find someone who can machine down my rail system, cut down the slide tube and re thread it to complete the conversion. i wouldn't be able to do it myself.

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's my Resident Evil inspired fan-fiction creation. I figured that such an awesome looking shotgun as the SPAS seems like the sort of weapon STARS might use. Its got a real-steel stock, STARS medallion decal and a custom shortened front end, although as you can see, the seam where I have chopped the heat-cage has yet to be neatened up. Its next on my list of to dos for this one, also including adding the ejection port cover and safety which I forgot to put back in last time I put it together. Also debating adding a laser to it given the trend for all RE game weapons to have them. Thoughts?

DSC02763.jpg

• Like 2

Theres alot of chat about shotguns at the mo, so i thought id share mine :)

The "Show Piece"

p1000678qv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1000679s.jpg

The "work Horse"

p1000680q.jpg

p1000681mg.jpg

Together :)

p1000682f.jpg

• Like 3

Yes it is, sadly I have no idea where you can source one. Initially, I had an M1100 full size with composite stock. Then I bought the M1100 Revision with a broken lifter and ATI folding stock on the pistol grip.

I took the shortened mag spring and mag tube cap from the revision and put them on the M1100. Then when my stock's tubing failed, I mounted the pistol grip and stock. I try to make sure all of my modifications are reversible, so if I had more gas hose I could put any combination of stocks, outer barrels, and mag tubes on them.

Maruzen was either brilliant or lazy while designing these, so there's significant parts compatibility between the models, The M1100's barrel is slightly wider than the M870's though, it fits, but puts lots of pressure on the pump action.

I imagine the best option is to buy a secondhand broken M1100 or extended M870. Having spare parts is wonderful, but they don't seem to come cheaply.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok! A little bit to much Maruzen pics lately, I think it's time for something else. :D

A "Book of Eli" project perhaps, with my Tanaka M870 Gangsta magnum.

Thinking of just putting some duct tape and black tape on the pistol grip.

Shorten the barrel one inch and taking of the beadsight and then adding some chrome vinyl tape to the visible part of the bolt.

Or keep it as it is right now, or just make a walnut version of the pistol grip to match the front grip.

Eli870_2.png

• 4 weeks later...