Shotgun Picture Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as I can tell, yeah.

I'm helping a friend of mine fit an M1100 into a TM SPAS like Yuji Gun Factory used to do, which he's then aiming to sell as a kit, and we're certainly aiming for the same kind of functionality.

Ultimate dream is to get it semi/pump selectable, but I wouldn't place a wager on it happening.

I'm officially a mad scientist.

I took a wood pump and some broken charging arms and put them on my M1100.

Now I've got the ability to chamber a shell or clear a jam just by pumping the gun, while retaining semi auto firepower.

So you've invented an M3 then!

If anyone was wondering what that spring loaded thing on the front of the M3s90s grip was, its the pump lock that changes the gun from semi auto to pump action.

One of the very few guns you can actually "switch to auto"

So you've invented an M3 then!

If anyone was wondering what that spring loaded thing on the front of the M3s90s grip was, its the pump lock that changes the gun from semi auto to pump action.

One of the very few guns you can actually "switch to auto"

Almost but not quite, since mine is always in semiauto,

Now if someone had some ideas on being able to swap or modify a part to disable the blowback, I'd be listening.

Well getting the M1100 modded is actually ridiculously simple if you can acquire the parts.

First, get a maruzen M870 foregrip and charging arm (CA870 pumps should work, and the charging arms just might.) I had some broken ones lying around from another M870. If finding these proves to be a challenge, which it just might, you can probably just use any old piece of metal as long as its the same width and height.

Second, cut down the charging arm (only one is needed). I used my local arena's dremel and it was all finished in 5 minutes.

Measure it out, you're aiming to get it short enough that it doesn't contact the mock bolt/extractor with the pump forward, but long enough that it can fully open the bolt and chamber a shell.

After you've done a couple of checks, simply epoxy it into the rightside groove on the pump.

It should look like this when complete:

20120626000322356.jpg

20120626000330238.jpg

And the end result will look like this:

20120626000214507.jpg

20120626000228925.jpg

The whole mod was finished in about 30 minutes including 20 minutes for the epoxy to set.