Shotgun Picture Thread

Well I refuse to post pictures since its not mine, but a friend of mine just finished fitting his Maruzen M1100 into a TM SPAS-12 body. Expect pictures, details, and probably videos from him soon.

O_O!!!!!!! :fear2:

I can't wait! That is what i'm planning to do! :D

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wastelander- a gas-operated, semi-auto APS shell shotgun feeding from Saiga magazines, and with interchangeable barrel length. Full build log here.      

Couldn't be happier right now.

Build log is over in Project Suggestions if anyone's interested.  

Posted Images

I'm the guy in question. I've just about finished the build after a grueling twelve hour marathon, but I only just signed up to this site recently so I've been documenting my progress on a couple other forums. I'll be posting a writeup and better pictures later, as well as a firing video at some point, but for now here's a crappy WIP picture. Still have a little bit of work to do but it's just about completed. This is by far the most ambitious project I've ever attempted (well, not saying too much since I've only been airsofting for just under a year now), but a lot of the complexity comes from the features I wanted to replicate. If you don't want the folding stock, would be satisfied with a 3+1 or 5+1 capacity, and just lock the pump in place (admittedly like the real thing), you could build this gun in about three hours, give or take. It's getting it to hold the full 7+1 capacity, fire semi but still have a functioning pump, and testing and fitting the KTW stock on the Marui gun along with the external gas line that made it a lot more complicated.

100_0217.jpg

• Like 2

woah, that looks amazing!

Well im trying to replicate the pump for initial loading of the first shell, then just go with semi, not too bothered about extending the shell capacity, although admittedly might try it out if i can get an intact marui spas-12, might try that to!

Would love to see a guide or two, to see how you did it!

woah, that looks amazing!

Well im trying to replicate the pump for initial loading of the first shell, then just go with semi, not too bothered about extending the shell capacity, although admittedly might try it out if i can get an intact marui spas-12, might try that to!

Would love to see a guide or two, to see how you did it!

Thanks! To be honest it's simpler than it looks, gutting the Marui is pretty straightforward, then it's just a matter of sticking the internals from the Maruzen in. The main problems are these:

-The block at the front of the shroud is solid, and the magazine tube can't go through it. I ended up taking a rubber mold of the part and duplicating it in resin, then drilling the offending piece through so I could stick the mag tube extension through. If you don't want to do this, the standard 5+1 magazine tube fits fine within the shroud, and you can just use the Marui dummy tube extension on the outside and it'll look fine.

-The internals need to be secured to the receiver. I drilled a hole in either side of the receiver and put screws through, which go through the hole intended for a body pin. There are also two screw holes, one on either side, which could be used. I may go back and use these as well for more support.

-There's nothing to connect the trigger guard to on the Maruzen internals. My solution was pretty kludged but there are a number of ways this could be solved.

-Connecting the pump arms to the receiver is very tricky, and prone to slippage. I'm still working on this one.

-The KTW grip from the folding stock won't fit well on the Marui receiver, and the stock itself doesn't fit well on the Marui grip. Either get a Marui SPAS that already has the folding stock, go stockless, or pick your poison.

Those are the main issues, besides the usual host of issues plaguing the Maruzen shotguns. But mostly it's just a matter of fitting and testing until it all works properly.

The KTW SPAS might work a little better, since the receiver is slightly thinner (better fit the Maruzen guts), it wouldn't have issues with a folding stock, and the endpiece on the shroud has a hole for the mag tube to go through, but I haven't tried it. I used a Marui SPAS because a friend had a broken one he was willing to donate.

It's truly lovely. I remember seeing one a while ago, on a Japanese site, but it's fantastic to see people taking the time to do stuff like this.

For me, it's the perfect airsoft shotgun. Shell ejecting spas 12? Pinnacle reached :)

• Like 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BQBhJx3qk&feature=related

It's a shame Inokatsu's SPAS-12 based on the M1100 never came into fruition. That would have been lovely.

But yeah. Excellent job. It looks fantastic. Incredibly impractically big but yet so cool looking.

The scene in the car from Snatch pretty much sums the SPAS-12 up heh. I would link to it on YouTube but it has a naughty word. The line delivery makes it.

"Whats that?"

"This, is a shotgun Sol"

"It's a *fruitcage* anti-aircraft gun Vincent!"

Edited by hitmanNo2
  • Like 2

You wanna know the funny thing about that video? The guy took the easy way out. He didn't make it use the extended tube, that's the faux Marui tube on the front. Notice how at the start he loads five rounds, then the other sequences he fires six- the gun has a 5+1 capacity, using the standard-length mag tube. I instead cast the block at the front of the shroud, replicated it in resin, drilled a hole, and fed the Maruzen mag tube extension through, then epoxied on the sling mount.

That video was my inspiration for this project, but I think this gun may be the first Maruzen-based SPAS-12 to have the full 7+1 capacity.

Edited by CatgutViolin
  • Like 2

You wanna know the funny thing about that video? The guy took the easy way out. He didn't make it use the extended tube, that's the faux Marui tube on the front. Notice how at the start he loads five rounds, then the other sequences he fires six- the gun has a 5+1 capacity, using the standard-length mag tube. I instead cast the block at the front of the shroud, replicated it in resin, drilled a hole, and fed the Maruzen mag tube extension through, then epoxied on the sling mount.

That video was my inspiration for this project, but I think this gun may be the first Maruzen-based SPAS-12 to have the full 7+1 capacity.

YES! that's the video i saw too! that's why i want to make one for myself too!

Thanks for the tip about the main body! As for the handguard and mag tube i didn't really understand until i had a look at a marui spas-12 take down.

Can't i just get a black pvc tube of the same diameter and length and stick the maruzen m1100 magazine guts into it? Would that work?

But besides that, where the main heat shield attaches to the body if i extend the magazine tube, that's going to be a challenge too!

YES! that's the video i saw too! that's why i want to make one for myself too!

Thanks for the tip about the main body! As for the handguard and mag tube i didn't really understand until i had a look at a marui spas-12 take down.

Can't i just get a black pvc tube of the same diameter and length and stick the maruzen m1100 magazine guts into it? Would that work?

But besides that, where the main heat shield attaches to the body if i extend the magazine tube, that's going to be a challenge too!

He's using the M1100 magazine tube, it fits and lines up just fine, so long as you can cut a whole for it to fit through.

How difficult was it to fix the KTW stock to the marui body?

If I recall, its not too bad, you either use the KTW grip and stock and attach it to the Maruzen internals, or you have to transfer the locking button on the grip from the KTW to the Marui. I forget which of the two he did, but he didn't seem to have much trouble. Just be aware that this mod has a lot of little things that make it a little tough, I believe he had to use a fair amount of plasticard and epoxy to hold bits together/fill in gaps.

Its not too bad though, as his SPAS is still fully able to disassemble.

Edited by notrabies

How difficult was it to fix the KTW stock to the marui body?

Total pain in the rear the way I did it, which was using the KTW grip. If I were to do it again I would definitely use the Marui grip instead and bend the stock to fit it properly. It might not be as smooth, but it would look better and be more stable.

Are you running hpa setup on the spas

Yes, I have a Palmer's rig with adjustable pressure. I'll be making a video soon-ish to demonstrate its operation.